Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

e-zone99

AAC Board

28 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

IMO, you're a quality poster.

With one exception. That is, the purported mocking of a school which hasn't had a single poster on this board since you allegedly stole the guy's signature line. In my further opinion, it is therefore not going too far to say so doing is ridiculous and borders on the childish.

Suggestion: Shitcan all that UNT stuff and people will take you a lot more seriously.

thanks for the kind words

and no allegations about it I 100% stole the signature

it was related to interactions on their forums and others and yea it ended up driving him off when he could not get the MODs to make me change it

in general he is probably a nice guy and a good DJ, but meh their fan base is fun to mess with

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law

6 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

Take away TV revenue and allocated revenue (student fees), and it's clear that if anything, the Big 12 is picking up G5 schools and not the other way around. 

It's also clear why Texas and Oklahoma are heading to the SEC. 

image.png.cb4bff07ae063bf0e3ea52c32ee8e604.png

How is a revenue chart that benefits those with more money showing anything worthwhile? This is a useless chart.  

8 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

Take away TV revenue and allocated revenue (student fees), and it's clear that if anything, the Big 12 is picking up G5 schools and not the other way around. 

It's also clear why Texas and Oklahoma are heading to the SEC. 

image.png.cb4bff07ae063bf0e3ea52c32ee8e604.png

TCU's net would be in the neighborhood of 60 million after you subtract conference revenue and a small amt from the students.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

How is a revenue chart that benefits those with more money showing anything worthwhile? This is a useless chart.  

We can look at attendance numbers, too. Big12 has stronger programs pretty much across the board and definitely overall. 

5 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

We can look at attendance numbers, too. Big12 has stronger programs pretty much across the board and definitely overall. 

Unless you’re able to prorate based on the loss of OU/T these numbers are not feasible for your purposes.  Why would you include future SDSU but not future other programs?  It’s just another low quality graphic.

5 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Unless you’re able to prorate based on the loss of OU/T these numbers are not feasible for your purposes.  Why would you include future SDSU but not future other programs?  It’s just another low quality graphic.

LOL. OU/T are only one game per year for each school.

The differences in attendance between the two conferences are much too large to worry about "prorating" anything.

9 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

LOL. OU/T are only one game per year for each school.

The differences in attendance between the two conferences are much too large to worry about "prorating" anything.

Let’s say your home stadium averages 30k per game currently in the MWC.  Now, consider Boise and SDSU leaving for the p5 conference.  You are going to lose far more than 60,000 fans the next year.  You underestimate the cumulative effect.  Now instead of those two substitute Oklahoma and Texas.  Yeah…

Additionally, you’re missing the entire point.  When determining what you’re working with you have to standardize what you’re measuring, that chart is garbage in multiple ways and it has nothing to do with whoever you’re a fan of.

LOL. Do the math and get back to us, OK?. (Worst Case: The difference between X/6 and X/5 is 17% which is far larger than the difference between Big 12 attendance and AAC attendance)

wrt Boise: They only come around once every FOUR years. Not enough to move the needle in any significant way.

5 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

LOL. Do the math and get back to us, OK?. (Worst Case: The difference between X/6 and X/5 is 17% which is far larger than the difference between Big 12 attendance and AAC attendance)

wrt Boise: They only come around once every FOUR years. Not enough to move the needle in any significant way.

Yeah it’s typically 1 at most 2 home games that get a few thousand bump in attendance - not that big of an impact when looking at total season average - certainly nowhere near enough to get BigXII teams to AAC level.

v0icAvfW.jpg

14 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Yeah it’s typically 1 at most 2 home games that get a few thousand bump in attendance - not that big of an impact when looking at total season average - certainly nowhere near enough to get BigXII teams to AAC level.

Yeah, the bump we get from OU/UT each year is about 2 to 3K, since we typically get 40-45k in our place anyways.  Last time we had below 40k was, I think, 2011 - and the stadium was under construction that season and only held 32k.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

Yeah, the bump we get from OU/UT each year is about 2 to 3K, since we typically get 40-45k in our place anyways.  Last time we had below 40k was, I think, 2011 - and the stadium was under construction that season and only held 32k.

Nothing BYU can’t replace…. ;)

v0icAvfW.jpg

1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

I dont have a problem adding BYU.  I do know that many of my compatriots disagree though.  Y'all do have a rep for not working and playing well with others, and after UT I think people might have had their fill of that.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

I dont have a problem adding BYU.  I do know that many of my compatriots disagree though.  Y'all do have a rep for not working and playing well with others, and after UT I think people might have had their fill of that.

Hogwash

v0icAvfW.jpg

6 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Here is the thing, Big12 schools have larger stadiums than the AAC or MWC (size really does matter).

Iowa St- 61,500; averaged roughly 59,800 (@Oklahoma)

Texas Tech- 60,454; averaged roughly 53,400 (@Texas and @Oklahoma)

West Virginia- 60,000; averaged roughly 55,900 (@Texas)

Oklahoma St- 55,509; averaged roughly 54,800 (@Oklahoma)

Kansas St- 50,000; averaged roughly 48,800 (@Texas)

Kansas- 47,000; averaged roughly 33,900 (@Texas)

TCU- 46,000; averaged roughly 42,800 (@Oklahoma)

Baylor- 45,140; averaged roughly 45,500 

Baylor was the only school who had both Texas and Oklahoma as home games, but they averaged over a sellout, it also didn't hurt they played in the Big12 Championship game with Oklahoma.  You can only have the attendance that your stadium's capacity allows you to have.

24 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

Here is the thing, Big12 schools have larger stadiums than the AAC or MWC (size really does matter).

Iowa St- 61,500; averaged roughly 59,800 (@Oklahoma)

Texas Tech- 60,454; averaged roughly 53,400 (@Texas and @Oklahoma)

West Virginia- 60,000; averaged roughly 55,900 (@Texas)

Oklahoma St- 55,509; averaged roughly 54,800 (@Oklahoma)

Kansas St- 50,000; averaged roughly 48,800 (@Texas)

Kansas- 47,000; averaged roughly 33,900 (@Texas)

TCU- 46,000; averaged roughly 42,800 (@Oklahoma)

Baylor- 45,140; averaged roughly 45,500 

Baylor was the only school who had both Texas and Oklahoma as home games, but they averaged over a sellout, it also didn't hurt they played in the Big12 Championship game with Oklahoma.  You can only have the attendance that your stadium's capacity allows you to have.

Right, which shows another reason that cumulative attendance numbers between conferences isn’t a good measure for this conversation.  If you’re really fixated on attendance, which is the least important marker anyway, then the best measure would be percent capacity/sellouts.  Viewership is many times more important than attendance anyway so again not the best chart.

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

I'm just gonna say that adding SDSU and BYU breaks the Pac 12's monopoly on Power 5  schools in the Mountain, Pacific timezones....

Food for thought that might want to get pushed to the Big 12 boards. ;)

17 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Hogwash

BYU has 2 main things they will fight for:

1 No Sunday play and I don't see that as very large issue.  It's not like the don't want other conference schools to play on Sunday, only they will not play on Sunday.  Actually it opens up more chances at Sunday time slots for the rest of the conference.

2 Rebroadcasting rights, they spent over $100 million on their broadcasting facility and they want to use it as much as possible.

I'm on the side of wanting BYU to join the Big12 and felt it was a good fit (I've never wanted the Pac, a really, really bad fit).  I also like the idea of BYU being there from the start to help rebuild the Big12, it shows way more commitment that way.

BYU is doing just fine as an Independent and their athletic revenue has continued to grow each year.  I could be wrong but since going Independent they seem to be doing way more upgrades and improvements (at least 1 a year).

I did this revenue breakdown last night:

BYU's last full year in the MWC- $36,695,623

1/2 year (Spring) MWC & 1/2 year (Fall) Independent- $45,465,068, that's a $8,769,445 is that because BYU went from a MWC schedule to a weakened WAC schedule?  Or is it because maybe BYU got a really nice media rights deal with ESPN.  I tend to believe it was mainly their new ESPN contract and we should forget they were no longer getting the MWC media money after going Independent,

BYU's 1st full year Independent- $53,033,500, this is a difference of $16,337,877 from BYU's last full year in the MWC and BYU still has Idaho and New Mexico St on their schedule.  When BYU signed their media rights deal with ESPN to go Independent Tom Holmoe said in the press conference that the contract would be backloaded and BYU would receive more money as their schedules got better.

BYU's 2nd full year Independent- $54,644,578 a small increase ($1.6 million) from the 1st full year.

BYU's 3rd full year Independent- $60,124,096, BYU has now had time to build a better schedule and now the difference between the last full year in the MWC and 3rd full year of Independence is $23,428,473.

BYU's 4th full year Independent- $59,032,406, BYU drops back a little bit from the 3rd year, but I would almost bet that 3rd year included the new video boards and sound system for LES.  So if the 3rd year was more like $57 million that would fall more in line with a $2 million to $3 million yearly gain.

BYU's 5th full year Independent- $62,563,279, roughly a $3.5 million gain from the year before.

BYU's 6th full year Independent- $67,733,712, roughly a $4 million gain from the year before.

BYU's 7th full year Independent- $79,644,919, almost a $12 million gain from the year before, but seams like the Marriott Center Annex cost around $9 million and was likely pay for this year.  If you take off that $9 million that would make the year total around the $70 million range a would be roughly a $3 million gain from the year before.

BYU's 8th full year Independent- $72,622,845, taking off the $9 million for the Marriott Center Annex that would mean another $2 million gain from the year before.

BYU's 9th full year Independent- $75,233,084, roughly a $2.6 million gain from the year before and a difference of $38,537,461 from their last full year in the MWC.

$38,537,461 is a very large difference, even taking yearly facilities upgrades/donations, better schedules/higher attendance revenue, bowl revenue, and few other things into account BYU's current media rights would still have to be much larger than $4 million to $8 million (like many want to believe).  I find it interesting that over the last number years BYU's revenue roughly went up by an average of $3 million a year.

56 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Right, which shows another reason that cumulative attendance numbers between conferences isn’t a good measure for this conversation.  If you’re really fixated on attendance, which is the least important marker anyway, then the best measure would be percent capacity/sellouts.  Viewership is many times more important than attendance anyway so again not the best chart.

No it's not. The majority of income of most teams is not TV. 

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Wrong, it is a very big marker as is the stadium size.  But just for fun using the numbers in my post here is the percent capacity:

Iowa St- 97.2%

Texas Tech- 88.3% (without Texas or Oklahoma)

West Virginia- 93.3%

Oklahoma St- 98.7%

Kansas St- 97.6%

Kansas- 72.1%

TCU- 93.0%

Baylor- 100.8%

Want to put up the AAC percent capacity and we can compare?

Just like stadium capacity makes a difference, the more it can hold the more revenue you can earn through attendance and easier it is to bring in P5 schools OOC for home and home deals.