e-zone99

AAC Board

On 7/1/2021 at 2:44 PM, NorCalCoug said:

Some on this board are putting a lot of confidence in Craig Thompson to pull a rabbit out of his hat next negotiation.  I don’t know where that confidence comes from given the history of tv negotiations he’s spearheaded.  Good luck with that.

You forget that Boise's say in the media negotiations is worth the other 11 combined.  Boise has cut throat Tromp as President and a great new AD.  Boise won't let Hair +++++ this up, yet everybody here will still be pissed at Boise for "robbing" them 180k a year.

45 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You forget that Boise's say in the media negotiations is worth the other 11 combined.  Boise has cut throat Tromp as President and a great new AD.  Boise won't let Hair +++++ this up, yet everybody here will still be pissed at Boise for "robbing" them 180k a year.

That’s why we’re still with ESPN 

1 minute ago, Pokes Forever said:

That’s why we’re still with ESPN 

Boise is why we are with Fox.  We were great partners and decided not to exercise our contractual veto rights.

You are welcome btw.

• Sad 1
8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise is why we are with Fox.  We were great partners and decided not to exercise our contractual veto rights.

You are welcome btw.

:lol:TBSU BS

23 hours ago, e-zone99 said:

Well I have spent some time over on AAC Board the last few days.  Talk about delusional fans, most see the AAC raiding the Big12,

Follow this logic: on a thread titled "Big 12 accuses ESPN of promising a large contract to AAC if they raid Big 12", Cubanbull1 posts (4th page)

"Here is what will probably happen. UT and OU pay 160 million early exit fees and leave after 2021 or 2022 seasons. The Left over 8 get 20 million each and then merge with AAC for 20-25 million a year from ESPN. Best deal for those not going anywhere."

He also makes the very next post:

"Well FOX was already not paying for their champ game with UT and OU so doubt that they would offer 20+ million for the leftovers."

Is this what they call "Fuzzy Math"?  So according to this poster the Big12 leftovers will not have little value and will need to merge with the AAC, so they can then get a contract worth $20 to $25 million.  I'm have  hard time following this type of logic.  The leftover 8 have so little value that they need to merge with the AAC who pays an average of $7 million a year in order to make $20 to $25 million a year.

My math says 11 x 7 = $77 million, so in order to average $7 million per current AAC member it would take $77 million.  By adding 8 Big12 schools and getting $20 million per: 19 x 20 = $380 million; $380 million - $77 million = $303 million; So if adding the 8 Big12 school gives the AAC a $303 million bump or in other words each school would bring an average value of $37,875,000 per (303 / 8 = 37.875).  The $25 million number is even more delusional at $49,750,000 per.  Yet the AAC will be raiding the Big12 according to them....

Without going into the financial delusions, most football fans no nothing of finances, they're not far from wrong that a number of R8 schools could end up in the AAC in the long run.  Some could end up in the MWC.  There aren't that many seats at the table and most....MOST of the R8 are G5 caliber schools.  They're from small markets, without a national following. They have regional appeal and many don't even dominate their region. Hello ISU.  Hello OK st. Hello Kst AND KU.  Some aren't even worth considering as candidates for P5 slots.  Hello TT!  Is WVU attractive to the ACC?  They could have added them a few years ago and chose not to.

As much as the R8 fan base doesn't want to hear it, they should prepare for the inevitability that most of the will end up in the MWC  or the AAC.

And no, they aren't greater than the sum of their parts.  Staying together just means they'll create the G6.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Without going into the financial delusions, most football fans no nothing of finances, they're not far from wrong that a number of R8 schools could end up in the AAC in the long run.  Some could end up in the MWC.  There aren't that many seats at the table and most....MOST of the R8 are G5 caliber schools.  They're from small markets, without a national following. They have regional appeal and many don't even dominate their region. Hello ISU.  Hello OK st. Hello Kst AND KU.  Some aren't even worth considering as candidates for P5 slots.  Hello TT!  Is WVU attractive to the ACC?  They could have added them a few years ago and chose not to.

As much as the R8 fan base doesn't want to hear it, they should prepare for the inevitability that most of the will end up in the MWC  or the AAC.

And no, they aren't greater than the sum of their parts.  Staying together just means they'll create the G6.

all of those programs are worth more than any in the AAC or MWC programs in the AAC or MWC would jump to get in with any of the Big 12 members not the other way around

23 minutes ago, Someone said:

all of those programs are worth more than any in the AAC or MWC programs in the AAC or MWC would jump to get in with any of the Big 12 members not the other way around

They're the ugly friends of the hot chick.  The hot chick is gone. Now, they're just ugly.

They have no local markets to speak of and the only national profile they had was utterly dependent on the hot chick.

They have some basketball chops but this isn't about basketball.

4 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

They're the ugly friends of the hot chick.  The hot chick is gone. Now, they're just ugly.

They have no local markets to speak of and the only national profile they had was utterly dependent on the hot chick.

They may be ugly but they still have more money than the men chasing them.

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Someone said:

Break it down for me.  Without referencing current TV money.

Why is Texas Tech a more valuable TV property than Boise State

Why is Kansas State, ISU or OK St a more valuable TV property than SDSU

We'll start with those then we'll move on to RSF's dumpster fire.

6 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Bitterness can be so entertaining...

• Cheers 1
1 minute ago, FresnoFacts said:

They may be ugly but they still have more money than the men chasing them.

Past performance is no guarantee of future success. They'll be without their earners.

Tell my why WVU is more valuable than Temple or UCF

4 minutes ago, RSF said:

Bitterness can be so entertaining...

I don't care enough to be bitter.  Just trying to figure out if anyone is applying any sort of critical thinking skills.

Tell me what is the intrinsic value of TCU?  How many fans in Texas care enough to watch TCU if the outcome doesn't impact UT or OK's fortunes.

How may "T-Shirt" fans does TCU have?

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Past performance is no guarantee of future success. They'll be without their earners.

Tell my why WVU is more valuable than Temple or UCF

When you have any success, get back to us.  When you can average more than 40k consistently, get back to us.  When anybody cares enough to put you on in prime time, get back to us.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

When you have any success, get back to us.  When you can average more than 40k consistently, get back to us.

So, you can't answer.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

I just did.

No you didn't but that's okay. The commissioners of the other leagues and the TV execs won't be able to answer these questions either.  So you're in fast company.

2 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

No you didn't but that's okay. The commissioners of the other leagues and the TV execs won't be able to answer these questions either.  So you're in fast company.

I can explain it you, but I cant help you understand.

Clearly.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

I can explain it you, but I cant help you understand.

Clearly.

You haven't even tried because you can't.

Clearly

Assuming all Texas residents are crazy rabid college football fans, how many are TCU fans?

• Haha 1