e-zone99

AAC Board

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Utah and USC should be good, but don't hold much expectation for ASU and UCLA is not far behind in that department.  Who is supposed to be good besides Cincy this year for the AAC?

Temple and usf are supposed to be bad, ecu is supposed to be better, but who knows with them.  The rest are supposed to be pretty good.  The wild cards are SMU and Tulsa.  SMU has been on the rise, Tulsa has what’s expected to be one of the best collective offensive and defensive lines in the country.  Both could be very good or just good.  

• Haha 1
On 6/30/2021 at 10:51 AM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Lol! Seriously I don’t know what to expect this year because we’re exiting a rebuild but yes I would say those teams would be low hanging fruit for any of the not terrible aac teams most years.  

Are we talking about the same UCF team that was embarrassed by BYU last season? A team Utah has smoked for over a decade straight. 

We should set up a game. We have a few conditions for FCS teams. You will be coming to SLC for a 1 and done. You'll get your body bag paycheck like the rest of the cupcakes. 

Like I said earlier a few hundred fans on the ACC board chirping doesn't mean anything.  Again, if the ACC was such a powerhouse, you think the TV contract would be on a P5 level?

6 minutes ago, utenation said:

Are we talking about the same UCF team that was embarrassed by BYU last season? A team Utah has smoked for over a decade straight. 

We should set up a game. We have a few conditions for FCS teams. You will be coming to SLC for a 1 and done. You'll get your body bag paycheck like the rest of the cupcakes. 

Like I said earlier a few hundred fans on the ACC board chirping doesn't mean anything.  Again, if the ACC was such a powerhouse, you think the TV contract would be on a P5 level?

This is always amusing to me.  

On 6/28/2021 at 8:18 PM, Koji Vu said:

AAC is locked in their deal for 10 years. MWC will renegotiate to a better deal in a few years. 

Confucius once famously said "MWC TV deal will look better than AAC's for 4 years, then when AAC deal is renegotiated it will look better than MWC's for next 4 years and so on. In final analysis, both always suck balls."

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Confucius once famously said "MWC TV deal will look better than AAC's for 4 years, then when AAC deal is renegotiated it will look better than MWC's for next 4 years and so on. In final analysis, both always suck balls."

Some on this board are putting a lot of confidence in Craig Thompson to pull a rabbit out of his hat next negotiation.  I don’t know where that confidence comes from given the history of tv negotiations he’s spearheaded.  Good luck with that.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, utenation said:

Utah is staying in its rut it created until the end, enjoy crowing over beating byu.  May you forever be in contention for the ‘one and only’ rose bowl.  

50 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

It is very optimistic to assume that not only will the MWC get a significant raise in the next deal but to get one for north of 10 mil/season, which it would have to in order to equal the aac’s by then.

14 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It is very optimistic to assume that not only will the MWC get a significant raise in the next deal but to get one for north of 10 mil/season, which it would have to in order to equal the aac’s by then.

Math is hard for you isnt it?

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Confucius also said "P6 is like catching clouds. Impossible."

35 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Confucius also said "P6 is like catching clouds. Impossible."

First of all, just like the acronym BCS fell by the wayside, so too will the acronym P5. But it should not be forgotten that under the BCS, there were effectively SIX "power" or "automatic qualifier" conferences.

The champion of the Aresco Athletic Conference as currently composed will never be given an automatic slot in the College Football Playoff because it contains too much dreck. People point out how every one of the P5s contains at least one turd. However, Vandy is the only perpetual bottom feeder in the SEC. The B12 and ACC are much the same with only Kansas and Cuse being annual football mouth breathers. The B1G has three Vandys: Ill, Purdon't and Rutgers, but it's as much a basketball conference as a football conference. (Let's ignore the P12 for now because its future as an auto qualifier/power/whatever is up in the air.)

The Aresco Conference? It has too much going against it. (1) ND and the ACC excepted, no AQ/power/etc. conference has members which don't participate in all sports and Navy will never be in the AAC for all sports nor should it be. (2) Tusla, Too-lame and ECU bring absolutely nothing athletically except big crowds at the latter school's football games.

Therefore, although another Big East/aka Best of the Rest conference could conceivably come to the CFP, as long as the AAC keeps dragging those three anchors around, it won't be that BOR conference.

First of all, just like the acronym BCS fell by the wayside, so too will the acronym P5. But it should not be forgotten that under the BCS, there were effectively SIX "power" or "automatic qualifier" conferences.

The champion of the Aresco Athletic Conference as currently composed will never be given an automatic slot in the College Football Playoff because it contains too much dreck. People point out how every one of the P5s contains at least one turd. However, Vandy is the only perpetual bottom feeder in the SEC. The B12 and ACC are much the same with only Kansas and Cuse being annual football mouth breathers. The B1G has three Vandys: Ill, Purdon't and Rutgers, but it's as much a basketball conference as a football conference. (Let's ignore the P12 for now because its future as an auto qualifier/power/whatever is up in the air.)

The Aresco Conference? It has too much going against it. (1) ND and the ACC excepted, no AQ/power/etc. conference has members which don't participate in all sports and Navy will never be in the AAC for all sports nor should it be. (2) Tusla, Too-lame and ECU bring absolutely nothing athletically except big crowds at the latter school's football games.

Therefore, although another Big East/aka Best of the Rest conference could conceivably come to the CFP, as long as the AAC keeps dragging those three anchors around, it won't be that BOR conference.

I think you’re a little late to the party. That said you’re correct the p5 moniker was short lived.

• Haha 1

In all other sports there never ceased to be a P6, since the Big East is clearly on par with the power conferences. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I’ll bite, what are you driveling on about now?

And reading comprehension...

7 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I’ll bite, what are you driveling on about now?

he is pointing out that you do not understand what the AAC TV deal is

it is $1 billion paid out over 12 years

the deal AVERAGES just under $7 million per school per year for 12 years

the AAC TV deal will probably never pay out $10 million, but if it does then it would pay that out in year 12

the deal scales

here is about how the scale most likely looks

1 $4.25
2 $4.5
3 $5.25  
4 $5.5
5 $6.25   
6 $6.5
7 $7.25   
8 $7.5
9 $8.25   
10 $8.5
11 $9.25  
12 $9.5

so there is no way the AAC TV deal as it is structured now will come close to paying $10 million especially in year 5 or 6 unless the AAC teams are actually going to make less money in later years

so year 1 and year 12 added together = $13.75 million / 2 = $6.875 so that is pretty much right at the $6.94 million average of the $1 billion deal over 12 years for 12 teams

you can add year 2 and year 11 and get the same thing $13.75 / 2 = $6.875.......and it works that way for every other pair of years

On 7/1/2021 at 3:08 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Utah is staying in its rut it created until the end, enjoy crowing over beating byu.  May you forever be in contention for the ‘one and only’ rose bowl.  

LOL.. If this is a rut, what would you call the performance of ANY team in the AAC?  BTW, how does UCF compare on these rankings? I must have missed their status..

https://www.deseret.com/2019/11/6/20951623/utah-has-been-in-college-football-playoff-rankings-more-than-most-teams-in-nation

Well I have spent some time over on AAC Board the last few days.  Talk about delusional fans, most see the AAC raiding the Big12,

Follow this logic: on a thread titled "Big 12 accuses ESPN of promising a large contract to AAC if they raid Big 12", Cubanbull1 posts (4th page)

"Here is what will probably happen. UT and OU pay 160 million early exit fees and leave after 2021 or 2022 seasons. The Left over 8 get 20 million each and then merge with AAC for 20-25 million a year from ESPN. Best deal for those not going anywhere."

He also makes the very next post:

"Well FOX was already not paying for their champ game with UT and OU so doubt that they would offer 20+ million for the leftovers."

Is this what they call "Fuzzy Math"?  So according to this poster the Big12 leftovers will not have little value and will need to merge with the AAC, so they can then get a contract worth $20 to $25 million.  I'm have  hard time following this type of logic.  The leftover 8 have so little value that they need to merge with the AAC who pays an average of $7 million a year in order to make $20 to $25 million a year.

My math says 11 x 7 = $77 million, so in order to average $7 million per current AAC member it would take $77 million.  By adding 8 Big12 schools and getting $20 million per: 19 x 20 = $380 million; $380 million - $77 million = $303 million; So if adding the 8 Big12 school gives the AAC a $303 million bump or in other words each school would bring an average value of $37,875,000 per (303 / 8 = 37.875).  The $25 million number is even more delusional at $49,750,000 per.  Yet the AAC will be raiding the Big12 according to them....

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, e-zone99 said:

Well I have spent some time over on AAC Board the last few days.  Talk about delusional fans, most see the AAC raiding the Big12,

Follow this logic: on a thread titled "Big 12 accuses ESPN of promising a large contract to AAC if they raid Big 12", Cubanbull1 posts (4th page)

"Here is what will probably happen. UT and OU pay 160 million early exit fees and leave after 2021 or 2022 seasons. The Left over 8 get 20 million each and then merge with AAC for 20-25 million a year from ESPN. Best deal for those not going anywhere."

"Well FOX was already not paying for their champ game with UT and OU so doubt that they would offer 20+ million for the leftovers."

Is this what they call "Fuzzy Math"?  So according to this poster the Big12 leftovers will not have little value and will need to merge with the AAC, so they can then get a contract worth $20 to $25 million.  I'm have  hard time following this type of logic.  The leftover 8 have so little value that they need to merge with the AAC who pays an average of $7 million a year in order to make $20 to $25 million a year.

My math says 11 x 7 = $77 million, so in order to average $7 million per current AAC member it would take $77 million.  By adding 8 Big12 schools and getting $20 million per: 19 x 20 = $380 million; $380 million - $77 million = $303 million; So if adding the 8 Big12 school gives the AAC a $303 million bump or in other words each school would bring an average value of $37,875,000 per (303 / 8 = 37.875).  The $25 million number is even more delusional at $49,750,000 per.  Yet the AAC will be raiding the Big12 according to them....

That board is full of morons.  What's worse than their consistent idiocy is their thin skin.  Trolling is an automatic ban-able offense lmao.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That board is full of morons.  What's worse than their consistent idiocy is their thin skin.  Trolling is an automatic ban-able offense lmao.

Mug needs to buy it and straighten that shit out.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, e-zone99 said:

yea it starts out with them being too stupid to even know the difference between what media rights pay and what a full conference share is and where the revenues come from that make up a full conference share

they are not even intelligent enough to know that ESPN does not pay the Big 12 $40 million per year on the media deal even though they know that ESPN and Fox share the media deal about equally in cost

then they are too stupid to know that out of the $40 million or so (on average) that the Big 12 will earn per member per year over the final 4 years about $17 million of that comes from money that is not a part of the media contract