Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Toyota 4 Runner.

I have a 2014 SR5, bought it when it was a year old with less than 10k miles on it. I could sell it today and make $2k over what I purchased it for. Great vehicle, especially off road and in the winter. Plenty of room, and has the third row when I have to haul the family. MPG isn't great, I average 17, with mostly in-city commuter driving. I've not had a single issue with my 4Runner, and routine maintenance doesn't break the bank. Whenever the time comes to get a new SUV, I'm going with the TRD Pro.

4 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

I love Toyota's. My first car was a Corolla and I put 300k on that thing, sold it for $500 and saw it driving one day about 8 months after that. I knew it was my car because I'd put an odd dent in the fender backing into a pole once. 

I bought one of the original Corollas in the late 60s when they first came out in the US. It needed a valve job at 40,000 miles and a second one at 80,000 miles. I didn’t abuse it. Must have been a design defect or I got a lemon. It was yellow. 

My wife has a 2007 Acura. Best car we’ve ever owned. You can’t hear the engine running. Smooth acceleration and driving and no major problems. I drive a 2010 Honda CRV. It’s an old ladies car, but gets good gas mileage, and hasn’t required any repairs. I previously had a Jeep Cherokee that had more than its share of significant repairs. 

What I’d really like is a Jeep Wrangler. I test drove one. Great for off roading, but it seemed stiff on the highway. Gas mileage isn’t the best either as I recall. 

On 6/18/2021 at 11:00 AM, Bob said:

Lol. Aren’t you like 45, single and spend your days skiing alone? 

35, dating a beautiful woman, and your damn right I like to be in the mountains by myself. Aren't you like 32 and scared about the fact you're a gay millennial?

I think, therefore I'm.

On 6/18/2021 at 2:24 PM, baileyake said:

I have a 2014 SR5, bought it when it was a year old with less than 10k miles on it. I could sell it today and make $2k over what I purchased it for. Great vehicle, especially off road and in the winter. Plenty of room, and has the third row when I have to haul the family. MPG isn't great, I average 17, with mostly in-city commuter driving. I've not had a single issue with my 4Runner, and routine maintenance doesn't break the bank. Whenever the time comes to get a new SUV, I'm going with the TRD Pro.

Holy shit, I had no idea they offered 3rd row, had to look that up.  The third row looks like a jump seat, that can’t be comfortable for long hauls.  

1 hour ago, ClevelandBrown said:

35, dating a beautiful woman, and your damn right I like to be in the mountains by myself. Aren't you like 32 and scared about the fact you're a gay millennial?

There’s no way Bob isn’t in his mid to late 50’s, right?!

We have one, a 2018 SR5 Premium with third row seats, and it’s been one of the best cars I’ve ever owned. Great size for my family of 4 for local driving and family road trips, and the third row comes in handy when needed. We considered the Highlander but the interior cab space felt much smaller.

40 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

They got a lot of shit from the 4Runner die hards when they updated the front end in 2012 or 2013.  

Every base will do that i imagine. Just look at the BMW crowd with those new front grills (that i understand though, lol). Even though the 911 has barely changed over the generations, everyone went crazy when they switched from the air cooled to water cooled engines.  Humans hate change.

23 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Every base will do that i imagine. Just look at the BMW crowd with those new front grills (that i understand though, lol). Even though the 911 has barely changed over the generations, everyone went crazy when they switched from the air cooled to water cooled engines.  Humans hate change.

I think the biggest thing was that they just added a different bumper and grill when everyone was expecting a full refresh.  

I drove a tacoma the other day.  First Toyota I had driven actually.  I found the driver seating uncomfortable.  Floor too high compared to the seat.  Seemed legs were stretched out in front more and less knee bend.  A personal preference thing as the owner absolutely loved the truck and found it comfortable to drive.

They sure are popular in Hawaii.

11 minutes ago, Billings said:

I drove a tacoma the other day.  First Toyota I had driven actually.  I found the driver seating uncomfortable.  Floor too high compared to the seat.  Seemed legs were stretched out in front more and less knee bend.  A personal preference thing as the owner absolutely loved the truck and found it comfortable to drive.

They sure are popular in Hawaii.

That's an understatement lol