Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Empty dealer car lots - fuggen nuts

Just bought some parts at my local Toyota dealer, lot is damn near empty of new cars, on the showroom floor they have a 2020 Corvette Stingray 3LT, $107,000. Weird to see a Chevy on the showroom floor of a Toyota dealership.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Went to the grocery stores and the shelves are overstocked with Lysol spray and wipes, sanitizing wipes and @tailingpermit...err I mean toilet paper. Funny how things changed.

From the '08 recession, a couple of dealerships in my area closed down permanently. One is still vacant over a decade later. It is used as a Xmas three lot during the holidays.

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

Shit , I just made a different post about if I should get a 4 Runner. Maybe I should see what the dealership has in stock , lol 

Most likely little or nothing. I'm wondering about a 2022 Tundra Crew Cab with a six and a half foot bed.  Apparently they're no longer going to offer a V8, but the new turbo V6 will have more horsepower and torque than the previous V8. Rumor they're also going to offer it in hybrid.

110926run_defense710.jpg

32 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Went to the grocery stores and the shelves are overstocked with Lysol spray and wipes, sanitizing wipes and @tailingpermit...err I mean toilet paper. Funny how things changed.

From the '08 recession, a couple of dealerships in my area closed down permanently. One is still vacant over a decade later. It is used as a Xmas three lot during the holidays.

Haha, I've got three cases (125 rolls) of mountain money in attic.

110926run_defense710.jpg

29 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

From the advertisements it looks like Breitling is now selling direct.  

Well they probably aren't selling much when having to be next to Omega and Rolex ;).

Seriously though, that is a nice service but sometimes you have to try the watch on first.

8 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Well they probably aren't selling much when having to be next to Omega and Rolex ;).

Seriously though, that is a nice service but sometimes you have to try the watch on first.

Eh, they have a free 30 day return. 

10 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Eh, they have a free 30 day return. 

I'm always scared of those. You hear too many stories of the dealer or seller saying it wasn't returned in the same condition as it was sent and it ends up becoming a nightmare situation.

9 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

I'm always scared of those. You hear too many stories of the dealer or seller saying it wasn't returned in the same condition as it was sent and it ends up becoming a nightmare situation.

Right. They want you to only open the box, but not to remove the watch. Make up your mind before removing the watch from the box.

Been going back and forth on whether it was a good thing or a bad thing that I bought a new car in Feb 2020. Looks like maybe it was a good thing, cuz if we hadn't pulled the trigger then we would be looking right about now.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.