Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecjeff

The "Jimmy Kimmel" LA Bowl, MWC vs. Pac-12

I don’t know who this Kimmel guy is, but if he’s got a network show and they want to support the Bowl I’m in.

Even though the Lobos aren’t a lock to play in the game. 😺 I had plans to go, I want to see the stadium and don’t care for the NFL. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

Kimmel, 53, attended UNLV, a Mountain West school, and Arizona State, a Pac-12 school. Kimmel will work with community partners One For All, Boys and Girls Club LA Harbor and Boys and Girls Club LA Metro, along with additional Los Angeles charities, according to a news release.

What could this exposure do for college football?

Chris Vannini, college football staff writer: The history of college football is full of bowl names with sponsors much more ridiculous than a talk show host. Kimmel will certainly bring a lot more attention than would otherwise be given to a random mid-December bowl game. His late-night talk show gets millions of viewers, after all. His show will certainly tie into the game when it comes around.

This is a new bowl game, originally planned to debut last year before the pandemic eliminated it from the slate. Few will get as much mainstream attention as this one now.

What are the strangest bowl names of all time?

Vannini: Who could forget the Beef O'Brady's Bowl or the Poulan Weed-Eater Independence Bowl? There are nothing but good memories about the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl and the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

One year, we had the Bitcoin Bowl. A Chicago suburb sponsored the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl!

Even the historic Fiesta Bowl was briefly sponsored by BattleFrog. I'm still not sure what that was.

We currently have a Cheez-It Bowl, and we love it. Bizarre postseason bowl names are what college football is all about.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

13 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Why couldn’t this be an after Christmas Bowl?  Are they using the same “excuse” as Vegas?

Go look at the schedule and tell us which bowl it would replace.

A 1st year bowl has a primetime slot on ABC, and you're complaining.

BTW...your 'best bowl' doesnt even have a bloody time slot yet.

Sheesh.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Can't stand Kimmel but this is really good for the league IMO. It's a national show and Jimmy will pimp the game with player/coach visits, bits etc.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

9 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Can't stand Kimmel but this is really good for the league IMO. It's a national show and Jimmy will pimp the game with player/coach visits, bits etc.

Kiimmel’s rating are nowhere to be seen. Trying to up his ratings before they cancel his show.

20 minutes ago, RSF said:

Go look at the schedule and tell us which bowl it would replace.

A 1st year bowl has a primetime slot on ABC, and you're complaining.

BTW...your 'best bowl' doesnt even have a bloody time slot yet.

Sheesh.

New Year’s Eve.  

1 hour ago, MWC Tex said:

New Year’s Eve.  

Oh really? Like what time?  11pm ET? The playoff games are that day (they have contractual time slot exclusivity), and the early slot (which would be 8-9:30am PT) already has 2 P5/vP5 games.

Friday, Dec 31, 2021
Bowl Location Time (ET) / TV Tickets
Capital One Orange Bowl
Semifinal Game
Hard Rock Stadium
Miami Gardens, FL
3:30/7:30pm ET
ESPN
Buy Tickets
Goodyear Cotton Bowl
Semifinal Game
AT&T Stadium
Arlington, TX
ESPN
Buy Tickets
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
ACC vs. SEC
TIAA Bank Field
Jacksonville, FL
11:00am ET
ESPN
Buy Tickets
Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl
ACC vs. Pac-12
Sun Bowl Stadium
El Paso, TX
12:30pm ET
CBS
Buy Tickets
Saturday, Jan 1, 2022

7 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Kiimmel’s rating are nowhere to be seen. Trying to up his ratings before they cancel his show.

Not really.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/late-night-ratings-late-show-wins-season-fifth-consecutive-year-1234772290/

Using full-season Live+7 ratings from Nielsen, Colbert comfortably won the spot with a total average of 2.95 million viewers – also the first time ever the CBS show has had a five-season winning streak. But for the first time in its 18-year history, Jimmy Kimmel Live! beat NBC’s The Tonight Show in total viewers. The ABC show beat the NBC show 1.75M-1.54M across all viewers.

At 11:30 p.m., the interesting competition is in the demos.

Using Live+7, across viewers aged 18-49, all three shows score a 0.3, but The Late Show wins with 430,000 viewers compared with The Tonight Show’s 345,000 and Jimmy Kimmel Live!’s 342,000.

When you use Live+3, which Deadline understands is the metric all the late-night shows use to sell ads, there’s very little between ABC, CBS and NBC.

3 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

December 18 is my wife’s birthday. If SJSU wins the conference again and plays in this game I will have to start prepping for my imminent divorce.

The Beers on me at Sofi. 🍻

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

32 minutes ago, lobo-tomy said:

The Beers on me at Sofi. 🍻

10 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

I'll take that. They are probably $15 each.

I attended a rams practice at sofi last week and I can confirm that beers are $15

1 hour ago, RSF said:

Oh really? Like what time?  11pm ET? The playoff games are that day (they have contractual time slot exclusivity), and the early slot (which would be 8-9:30am PT) already has 2 P5/vP5 games.

Friday, Dec 31, 2021
Bowl Location Time (ET) / TV Tickets
Capital One Orange Bowl
Semifinal Game
Hard Rock Stadium
Miami Gardens, FL
ESPN
Buy Tickets
Goodyear Cotton Bowl
Semifinal Game
AT&T Stadium
Arlington, TX
ESPN
Buy Tickets
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
ACC vs. SEC
TIAA Bank Field
Jacksonville, FL
11:00am ET
ESPN
Buy Tickets
Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl
ACC vs. Pac-12
Sun Bowl Stadium
El Paso, TX
12:30pm ET
CBS
Buy Tickets
Saturday, Jan 1, 2022

Probably at 3pm as it has been for the past 6 years.  On CBS Sports

Just now, MWC Tex said:

Probably at 3pm as it has been for the past 6 years.  On CBS Sports

You need to read my post again.