Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

Does any fcs conference have a worse stadium situation than the MW? I know some cases are temporary but this is ridiculous

4 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

That's not a high school stadium, just a stadium that a high school plays in.

That's not to say there aren't some massive high school stadiums in Texas...

Frisco ISD helped pay for it.  And the city owns it.  And with 10 high schools in Frisco it gets plenty of use.  That's just one example.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

32 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Please post images of said HS stadiums

image.png.87df9aaeebbeeece65130407018c9a50.png

Allen Eagle Stadium seats 18,000 (the school is the 2nd largest in Texas with 5600 students) at a cost of $60M.  

Wyoming's not only seats 29,000, but their 2010 Stadium Club and Suites addition costed more to build than Allen's entire complex - so that gives you some insight into the quality.  Most of the other big Texas stadiums are super old and don't have media boxes let alone any type of fan suites.

I know one thing, if its not going to be BSU taking the MW this year, I'm on team Choo, Choo!

They're so ensconced in scoreboard protection it's insane. 

I can only wish them continued success for all the shit they take...

1-choo-choo-motherfucker-i-like-trains-6

New-Signature.jpg

12 minutes ago, RSF said:

Frisco ISD helped pay for it.  And the city owns it.  And with 10 high schools in Frisco it gets plenty of use.  That's just one example.

It was built as a soccer-specific stadium / concert venue that happens to be used by various area high schools. There's about a dozen things I'd call it before "high school football stadium".

You'd have a better argument calling Albertson's stadium a lake since it's blue and geese shit in it

Whatever makes you happy, chief.

Anyways....

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

20 hours ago, RSF said:

He aint completely wrong - 9 of the 10 largest HS stadiums in the country are in Texas.  That includes Toyota Park in Frisco - home of the Frisco Bowl, FC Dallas, and Frisco HS football.  It's more of a 'people who live glass houses' situation.

And how many of those stadiums cost over $200,000,000 to build? Just because they jam a lot of fans in them doesn't mean they compare in ANY WAY to a college venue like Canvas or the upcoming Aztec Stadium or even War Memorial. It's a stupid argument.

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

20 hours ago, RSF said:

Toyota Stadium was built for the FC Dallas. Just because Frisco schools play there doesn't make it a "high school stadium". That would be like saying Allegiant Stadium is a college football stadium because UNLV plays there.

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

21 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Allen Eagle Stadium seats 18,000 (the school is the 2nd largest in Texas with 5600 students) at a cost of $60M.  

Wyoming's not only seats 29,000, but their 2010 Stadium Club and Suites addition costed more to build than Allen's entire complex - so that gives you some insight into the quality.  Most of the other big Texas stadiums are super old and don't have media boxes let alone any type of fan suites.

But that's still a pretty damn nice HS stadium! 

19 minutes ago, Ram1554 said:

New Mexico does have great food, but nothing beats the funnel cakes at Wyoming’s stadium. 

They must be something if they are better than New Mexican honey-filled Sopapillas. 

On 6/15/2021 at 9:49 PM, UofMTigers said:

nope, first REALLY rich dude in Memphis built it. Clarence Saunders founded Piggly Wiggly which was the first major grocery chain and he designed it for his wife and kids.

today it's a museum, planetarium, and IMax plus you can tour the mansion.

That’s a nice neighborhood between the University and the Liberty Bowl. I’ve never been there (I want to visit) but why does Memphis have such a bad reputation.  Seems like a lot of cool stuff in Memphis (music scene etc...).

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 6/16/2021 at 7:21 AM, WYO1016 said:

Props to CSU for Canvas. That's a well done stadium.

I'm obviously biased, but there's no better place to watch a game than The War.

Aerial photos of Campus and War Memorial Stadium, during the University of Wyoming vs. Oregon football game

Aug 31, 2019; Laramie, WY, USA; Crowd for the game between the Wyoming Cowboys and the Missouri Tigers at War Memorial Stadium. The Cowboys beat the Tigers 37-31. Mandatory Credit: Troy Babbitt-UW Media-Athletics

War Memorial Stadium

WYO has a beautiful campus.  Not to many people make it up to Laramie, so they’ve never seen it. You need those nice digs to survive the winter there. Ive never been to a football game there but it’s on the list. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

1 hour ago, Ram1554 said:

New Mexico does have great food, but nothing beats the funnel cakes at Wyoming’s stadium. 

I'm confused. You're a CSU fan, so I can forgive your ignorance on topics, but you are implying something good about UW, which indicate you're not a CSU fan, but those funnel cakes... if they can make a Ram say something positive about UW, then funnel cake = world peace if made available to the world. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

23 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That’s just insane for a HS stadium. Is that on a high school campus?

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

4 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

WYO has a beautiful campus.  Not to many people make it up to Laramie, so they’ve never seen it. You need those nice digs to survive the winter there. Ive never been to a football game there but it’s on the list. 

I've always got a cold beer waiting for any visiting fans. Hit me up if you ever make it out to Laramie :cheers:

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

8 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

I've always got a cold beer waiting for any visiting fans. Hit me up if you ever make it out to Laramie :cheers:

Sounds good. Thanks for the offer. I’ve been to Laramie 3-4 times but always during the summer.  I’ll make it out to a game sometime soon when SJSU plays the Cowboys. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

44 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

That’s just insane for a HS stadium. Is that on a high school campus?

Across the street from the HS. 

60 million for a 18k stadium - which is a similar price tag some colleges are spending for much larger buildings.  UCF spent the current equivalent of 70mil on a 44k stadium.  Hence, the 'Texas HS stadium' comparison that seems to be escaping a few people.

1 hour ago, RSF said:

Across the street from the HS. 

60 million for a 18k stadium - which is a similar price tag some colleges are spending for much larger buildings.  UCF spent the current equivalent of 70mil on a 44k stadium.  Hence, the 'Texas HS stadium' comparison that seems to be escaping a few people.

$70 mil won’t buy you much in CA.  SJSU’s new football complex looks like it may boom to $80mil now with the current inflation.  A new 44k seat stadium in SJ would probably cost $400 mil plus. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

On 6/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, soupslam1 said:

Boise State’s stadium will be nice once it’s finished by wrapping the south and north end zone seating around to match the east and west stands to push attendance to around 45,000. Lowering the field bringing the stands closer to the field would make it even better adding another 5,000 seats. If we had a Phil Knight it would have been done decades ago. 

East side renovations and east side luxury seating will be next.  We will lose some capacity, maybe 2-3k, but will generate more revenue and increase the fan experience and aesthetics.  Then we can enclose the stadium.  Somebody on the Corral years ago shared the blueprints at the time.  It will be nice.

Our stadium does the most important things well.  Generates revenue and is far and away the loudest in the conference.

9 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

That’s a nice neighborhood between the University and the Liberty Bowl. I’ve never been there (I want to visit) but why does Memphis have such a bad reputation.  Seems like a lot of cool stuff in Memphis (music scene etc...).

poverty is the main issue. when you have little money it's hard to do better than a HS diploma (if that) leaving many working MW jobs. working those kind of jobs means you can only live in the bad parts of town where everyone has a crappy education and a crappy job plus folks tend to look like their neighbors (if you catch my drift). that leaves many to turn to selling drugs to make money which leads to shootings and neighborhood blight. it's like the deck is totally stacked against you if you come from poverty.

Memphis has SO much going for it...St Jude, FedEx, AutoZone, International Paper, Nike, Terminix, the UofM, Stax, Graceland, Sun Studios, Beale St, Overton Square, the Memphis Zoo, Memphis in May...but to fix the crime problem we must fix the poverty and education issues first.

mem skyline sig.jpeg