Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

Does any fcs conference have a worse stadium situation than the MW? I know some cases are temporary but this is ridiculous

Lets see

Last I checked SJSU stadium just had a big grass field on one side. I take it that renovation project is not completed yet. So one of the better teams in the MW will be playing in an embarrassing stadium this year (not that it was all that great to start with).

SDSU doesn't have a stadium. They are borrowing one that is over 100 miles away from their campus. 

Hawaii/State of Hawaii let their stadium get in such bad condition it was basically red tagged. Now they are playing on a ridiculous stadium for who knows how long.

Fresno had to shut down a large section not to long ago because of pipe damage. Our stadium is also falling apart. BUT it basically would cost just as much or more to repair (especially if that forces them to make it up to current ADA/other codes) as it would to build a new stadium. So they will let it continue to fall apart until it also gets red tagged like what happen in Hawaii. 

BSU- our "crown jewel" is playing in an ugly erector set stadium. Wish with all their success they just would have built a new stadium instead of putting lipstick on a pig. 

UNLV is playing in an NFL stadium. Personally I am always against a college team playing in a NFL stadium regardless of how nice it might be. UNLV is clearly a second class citizen and playing in a stadium that is way to big.

I am sure some of the other schools also have issues. And yes it will improve when SDSU finishes their stadium/Hawaii's gets built/SJSU finishes the remodel but right know it is terrible

CSU and Wyoming are in very good shape.  AFA is old and not the most comfortable, but certainly sound and still a good venue.  UNM could be better, but I'd put it on a level with AFA.  Nothing fancy, but still a solid place to watch a football game.  I've never been to Maverik stadium in Logan, but I also don't recall hearing anything bad about it.  Didn't they just do a nice upgrade.  I'll ditto that for Reno, never been there but it looks good on TV.

Sounds like a west coast problem to me.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

CSU and Wyoming are in very good shape.  AFA is old and not the most comfortable, but certainly sound and still a good venue.  UNM could be better, but I'd put it on a level with AFA.  Nothing fancy, but still a solid place to watch a football game.  I've never been to Maverik stadium in Logan, but I also don't recall hearing anything bad about it.  Didn't they just do a nice upgrade.  I'll ditto that for Reno, never been there but it looks good on TV.

Sounds like a west coast problem to me.

UNM's stadium gets a new rug (artificiall turf), this year. Upgraded lighting and sound system, and still has one of the biggest scoreboards in the conference. Other upgrades being done as well to the locker rooms, and a new strength training facility is currently under construction, and tailgating will return to what it was like in past years this year.  Lobo Stadium is old, but at least UNM isn't neglecting it. But still, UNM needs a 'Sugar Daddy' so we can get a new stadium for the future invite to the Big12.  :P:hookah:

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Let’s give the MW SEC some love

Wyoming- Funnel cakes ‘nuff said. 
CSU - weed and beer and snacks for the munchies and your stadium isn’t paid off yet? 
AFA - solid great location 

USU - Never gonna have big empty spaces in that stadium.

Dream Style(?) stadium. (UNM)You can put your own jalapeños in your nachos under the press box. Boom beat that y’all. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

Well, UCF's cheap stadium is already rusting.  Tulsa plays in an old HS stadium.  Temple and Tulane play in NFL stadiums.  SMU and Tulane also built stadiums on the cheap.  Memphis and Cincy's are old.

P6 indeed.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 minutes ago, lobo-tomy said:

Let’s give the MW SEC some love

Wyoming- Funnel cakes ‘nuff said. 
CSU - weed and beer and snacks for the munchies and your stadium isn’t paid off yet? 
AFA - solid great location 

USU - Never gonna have big empty spaces in that stadium.

Dream Style(?) stadium. (UNM)You can put your own jalapeños in your nachos under the press box. Boom beat that y’all. 

The Dream Style deal is no more. The Pit is just 'The Pit', and Lobo Stadium is still 'University Stadium'.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

14 minutes ago, RSF said:

Well, UCF's cheap stadium is already rusting.  Tulsa plays in an old HS stadium.  Temple and Tulane play in NFL stadiums.  SMU and Tulane also built stadiums on the cheap.  Memphis and Cincy's are old.

P6 indeed.

Need to give UCF some slack on the rust.  Hell, it's right there on the beach.

2 hours ago, RSF said:

P6 indeed.

I'm very proud of the work done to the Liberty Bowl. 38 million spent over 9 years.

this ugly run down parking lot:

9651.jpg

became Tiger Lane for 19 million dollars:

Tiger%20Lane%20-%20aerial_0.jpg?w=600

Then they upgraded the locker rooms:

083118_FB_LockerRooms_MS_18.jpg

the Tiny Tron as we called it...

LibBo3.jpg

was replaced with this:

59c1bc2f2ce41.image.jpg?resize=1200,741

this tiny section of chair back seating you see here:

memphis-stadium-775x465.jpg

was WAY expanded offering over 5000 chair back seats and lowering capacity to 58,300

Liberty-Bowl-0936.jpg?mtime=201705091428

plus lots more...I love watching games there.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

3 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I'm very proud of the work done to the Liberty Bowl. 38 million spent over 9 years.

this run down parking lot:

9651.jpg

became Tiger Lane for 19 million dollars:

Tiger%20Lane%20-%20aerial_0.jpg?w=600

Then they upgraded the locker rooms:

083118_FB_LockerRooms_MS_18.jpg

the Tiny Tron as we called it...

LibBo3.jpg

was replaced with this:

59c1bc2f2ce41.image.jpg?resize=1200,741

this tiny section of chair back seating you see hear:

memphis-stadium-775x465.jpg

was WAY expanded offering over 5000 chair back seats and lowering capacity to 58,300

Liberty-Bowl-0936.jpg?mtime=201705091428

plus lots more...I love watching games there.

I like Liberty Bowl.  Unique design that just works.

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

Hawaii/State of Hawaii let their stadium get in such bad condition it was basically red tagged. Now they are playing on a ridiculous stadium for who knows how long.

I agree, the UH situation is an embarrassment.  Both the Governor and Legislature dropped the ball by letting Aloha Stadium deteriorate to the point of unusability before even picking a development team to build the replacement.  And knowing that it takes forever to complete public works projects in the Islands, there’s a significant possibility the Warriors will be stuck playing in their temporary on-campus shoebox stadium for longer than the “expected” three seasons.  The only comfort I take in what happened - and it’s small comfort - is that it wasn’t the university itself that screwed up.  UH and the student-athletes and the fans are all victims in this mess.

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

Lets see

Last I checked SJSU stadium just had a big grass field on one side. I take it that renovation project is not completed yet. So one of the better teams in the MW will be playing in an embarrassing stadium this year (not that it was all that great to start with).

SDSU doesn't have a stadium. They are borrowing one that is over 100 miles away from their campus. 

Fresno had to shut down a large section not to long ago because of pipe damage. Our stadium is also falling apart. BUT it basically would cost just as much or more to repair (especially if that forces them to make it up to current ADA/other codes) as it would to build a new stadium. So they will let it continue to fall apart until it also gets red tagged like what happen in Hawaii. 

BSU    UNR- has an ugly erector set stadium. Wish with all their success they just would have built a new stadium instead of putting lipstick on a pig. 

UNLV is playing in an NFL stadium. Personally I am always against a college team playing in a NFL stadium regardless of how nice it might be. UNLV is clearly a second class citizen and playing in a stadium that is way to big.

I am sure some of the other schools also have issues. And yes it will improve when SDSU finishes their stadium/Hawaii's gets built/SJSU finishes the remodel but right know it is terrible

I've said it before, most college stadiums are shitboxes, even the famous ones.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

a rundown of the Sunbelt conference situation.

Now do the MWC stadiums!