halfmanhalfbronco

Three time national champ, Allie Ostrander, in a though fight. Could use your thoughts.

34 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I know there are a lot of Ostrander fans here, many from outside of the Boise community who may not have read this, so thought I would share.

Kind of fcked up that the video about the eating disorder is above a video about what she eats. 

Hope she gets the help she needs, such an amazing Bronco. 

F4A21D1B-21D2-429E-8F14-8FAF63CECC33.png

Just now, tailingpermit said:

Kind of +++++ed up that the video about the eating disorder is above a video about what she eats. 

Hope she gets the help she needs, such an amazing Bronco. 

F4A21D1B-21D2-429E-8F14-8FAF63CECC33.png

She is one of my all time favorite Broncos.  Infectious personality, ultimate teammate, a humble confidence.  A fantastic student is an understatement, one prof said she was the best student he ever had.  Not just student athlete.  A Bronco legend.

She was also one of the best basketball players in Alaska, even at her tiny size.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

She is one of my all time favorite Broncos.  Infectious personality, ultimate teammate, a humble confidence.  A fantastic student is an understatement, one prof said she was the best student he ever had.  Not just student athlete.  A Bronco legend.

She was also one of the best basketball players in Alaska, even at her tiny size.

The nicest thing a Boise prof has ever said to me was, “Jesus, I thought we got rid of you last year.”  Marty Most.  He was a great prof.  

• Haha 2

My mom spent several years quite a while ago trying to help a young lady overcome an eating disorder.  The gal would not believe that she was skinny.  It was a mental health issue.  She looked in the mirror and saw fat.  It eventually killed her.  I'm really glad that Allie is getting help and facing this head on.  I'll pray for her success.

• Cheers 1
1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Wow she is very inspirational in the video.  Can’t imagine how difficult this is to not only tackle but share with the world.  

Yeah, she mentioned hoping it would be of some help to other runners.  Distance running and eating disorders, especially with women, is if not prevalent, far from rare.  It's a thing in the community.  As proud of her now as when she won her last national title.

I really hope she can get this under control and live a full life..some of you might remember Karen Carpenter, a reporter called her 'Richard's chubby little sister', and a few years later she died from anorexia. This is an extremely hard disorder to overcome, I hope she can do it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1