Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Border Mess

2 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I just don’t understand why in say 1998 when a 4 times the amount apprehensions took place it wasn’t a catastrophic crisis.. But now it is. I’m not saying there aren’t a million issues with immigration but that’s always seemed odd to me. The wars in Serbia and such took up 100x the airtime on the news than any border crisis in the 90’s.

You were not having 4 times the amount of apprehensions in 1998 as you are now, though.  We are now having similar or higher per month and the types pose a faaar greater strain.  Since they are all claiming asylum and the amount of kids alone is waaaay higher.  And yeah, the last few months are as high as anytime in the 90's and 80's but the logistics make it FAR FAR FARE more complicated than just sending them back to Mexico.

How do you get it is not similar?   

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You were not having 4 times the amount of apprehensions in 1998 as you are now, though.  We are now having similar or higher per month and the types pose a faaar greater strain.  Since they are all claiming asylum and the amount of kids alone is waaaay higher.  And yeah, the last few months are as high as anytime in the 90's and 80's but the logistics make it FAR FAR FARE more complicated than just sending them back to Mexico.

Operation Moar Catholics is commencing. Drunk Irish Agent Joe Biden is succeeding with his papist plot.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Turning the subject in a slightly bit different direction, but I don't think I got an answer to a recent question here.  Why is the NT migration situation likely to get better throughout this this decade, after the post-Trump re-surge, regardless of policy?

From what I could tell from working as a little kid on my uncle's potato farm in the summer of 1962 and from speaking with one of my former secretaries in the aughts, for the most part the bracero program worked very well.

My uncle had about four small cottages on his property which housed two Mexican workers each and those guys would live there something like half the year. Although I worked alongside them doing certain things, we really couldn't communicate because back then, I spoke zero Spanish and they barely spoke English. However, they seemed pleased to be there. My former secretary was born in California just after the bracero program was eliminated so all she knew about it was what she heard from her dad. IIRC, her dad had worked half the year in the states for a decade or so and was allowed to remain and bring his wife here when the program ended. His opinion was the Mexican government "stole" a bunch of money which should have become his under terms of its agreement with the American government.

The other idea I've mentioned is based on the Marshall Plan with Germany and Japan following WWII.

On 6/12/2021 at 3:38 PM, sactowndog said:

I don’t think that works if people’s basic safety is at risk given the gang problem.  People have to feel safe first.   And police there aren’t safe because the gangs hold their families hostage.  we need a creative solution with a set of young men who can take the country back.  And let’s face it freedom is won and maintained at the point of a gun.  

I would look for 20-50,000 young men and bring they and their families to the United States.  I would give these men advanced military training to make them elite fighters and then I would send them back into the Northern Triangle.  They would be paid as if they were in the US military, their families would be safe and they would be the seed of a new more professional DOD and DOJ for these countries.   

Let’s face it, if not for the professionalism of our DOJ and DOD.... we could well be living in an authoritarian state today. 

How do you vett these 20-50 thousand young men? Doing something like this could work, or it could blow up in our face. If you do this the training needs to be tough in order to weed out the turds. Marine Corps style boot camp, then either Marine Corps or Army Infantry school, then Marine Recon or Army Ranger school. Pass those and it’s on to Special Forces training from either of the services. Each step along the way needs to have serious psychological evals, more background checks, and a deep dive into each recruit’s motivations. The attrition rate will be pretty bad, but it’s the only way I would trust a program like this.

35 minutes ago, sean327 said:

How do you vett these 20-50 thousand young men? Doing something like this could work, or it could blow up in our face. If you do this the training needs to be tough in order to weed out the turds. Marine Corps style boot camp, then either Marine Corps or Army Infantry school, then Marine Recon or Army Ranger school. Pass those and it’s on to Special Forces training from either of the services. Each step along the way needs to have serious psychological evals, more background checks, and a deep dive into each recruit’s motivations. The attrition rate will be pretty bad, but it’s the only way I would trust a program like this.

Also we’d need Americans imbedded so we could see if there was any funny business going on like the Mexican police force is now.  

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

can we afford to have 50k special forces???

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Why does @soupslam1 feel the need to reminds us that he hates "Mexicans" (I put Mexicans in quotation marks because it is likely they are all Mexican to him)? You have made it clear that you plenty of times, @soupslam1, that you left for Idaho because CA got too Mexican for you. You know, ID has a border with Canada, right? Why not focus on ID-Canadian border relations.?

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

Sean, I would be smart enough to leave the program design to men like you.  If it weren’t for the culture and training of our armed services we could well be living in an autocratic state ourselves.  Luckily our DOD made it clear they wouldn’t go along.   

And you are right their would be attrition, but if you are fighting for the life of your family, if your option is sending your 5 year old to be left alone on a border.... it’s amazing how even the least of us can rise to the challenge.   

38 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

Also we’d need Americans imbedded so we could see if there was any funny business going on like the Mexican police force is now.  

No you don’t.  Because their families are safe in the US.  Any report of behavior leading to a dishonorable discharge gets you and your family sent back.   Men are at their best when they are fighting for others 

33 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

No you don’t.  Because their families are safe in the US.  Any report of behavior leading to a dishonorable discharge gets you and your family sent back.   Men are at their best when they are fighting for others 

Money talks and people are greedy… I don’t know if there is a good answer to this but I’d prefer some American advisors to help keep things on the legal side.

1 hour ago, Wyoguns said:

Money talks and people are greedy… I don’t know if there is a good answer to this but I’d prefer some American advisors to help keep things on the legal side.

Perhaps but for it to work those young men would need to literally be the “founding fathers” of their own country.   Never again should a 5 year old be left alone at the border.  

14 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Can we afford to have 100k abandoned children???

probably a lot more easily than 50k special forces!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

15 hours ago, happycamper said:

can we afford to have 50k special forces???

The salary is negligible. The real issue is attempting to train that many at once - logistically I just don't see how it is possible.

14 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

The salary is negligible. The real issue is attempting to train that many at once - logistically I just don't see how it is possible.

yes! training and support and operating! It probably takes 5-6 people in uniform to support a single special forces operator at a minimum and each soldier costs at least 150k/year to the government in just benefits.