Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeighSayer

MWC vs AAC

11 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

11 years (and counting) in the WCC convincing you now?

I don't care about the WCC that much. St Mary's and Gonzaga are fun to play but the rest of the league is pretty unexciting overall. Pepperdine and SFU have been good sometimes. I just feel like there's so much bad blood here with the front range schools, Hair, and the fact that you'd have to bloat this place more to add BYU just doesn't make it a good fit. BYU is finally getting what they're worth this contract and they'd have to give that up as well. Independence has stabilized, despite it being dumb.

8 hours ago, Headbutt said:

No, that ship has sailed.

I think it's more likely BYU, SDSU, and CSU go to the American.  Maybe Boise has a change of heart if BYU goes as well.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

20 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say nothing. Let's compare G5s in the NY6 bowl game.

Unless I'm mistaken, the SBC and CUSA have never had a team ranked high enough to qualify for that game, Although the MAC has managed to get that done, other than PJ Fleck's directional school, those MAC participants have fallen flat on their faces in that game. The MW? We should thank our lucky stars for Boise. The AAC, otoh, has acquitted itself pretty well with regard to the NY6 bowl.

As much as I bag on the MW, right now I think recruiting has been ratcheted up enough that the conference is going to close the gap with the AAC over the next few years. If that occurs, unless the AAC is raided by the B12 or unless the AAC decides to raid the MW by creating an all-sports western division and thereby a Best of the Rest conference, the ACC and the MW will be so head and shoulders better than the other group conferences that any AAC-MW regular season games will have playoff implications. 

Btw, in case others might have missed it, Mike Aresco HATES the 12-team playoff system. Which confirms to me that Craig Thompson and actually did something right for a change.

I think Coastal was 12 last year, but I doubt they let that happen if the playoffs were on the line.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg