Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

OT: Euro 2021 Thread: Who Ya Got?

Semi matchups set with Italy-Spain and England-Denmark. England have a little bit of an advantage as they get to play any remaining games in London. The Three Lions displayed their depth with two players getting starts today (Mount and Sancho) and not playing their best player from the previous match (Jack Grealish).

5 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Semi matchups set with Italy-Spain and England-Denmark. England have a little bit of an advantage as they get to play any remaining games in London. The Three Lions displayed their depth with two players getting starts today (Mount and Sancho) and not playing their best player from the previous match (Jack Grealish).

I was digging Messi dishing off at the Copa. 

2 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Spain had their chances. Tying goal did look like Spain a decade back, but overall (lack of) finishing cost them.  

I was happy with them making the semis. Never thought they would beat Italy so they actually surprised me by looking like the better team.

18 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Italy beats Spain on penalties. Next up, England vs Denmark tomorrow.

Fantastic match between Spain and Italy. Spain were very good and looked to have the impetus after tying the match 1-1 in the 80th minute. For some reason they played a bit more conservatively from then on. Ultimately it cost them because they lost on penalties. Dani Olmo was the best player on the pitch and he sent his penalty out of Wembley. Morata scored a beautiful goal to tie the match and then badly missed his penalty. Italy were deserved winners.

36 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Fantastic match between Spain and Italy. Spain were very good and looked to have the impetus after tying the match 1-1 in the 80th minute. For some reason they played a bit more conservatively from then on. Ultimately it cost them because they lost on penalties. Dani Olmo was the best player on the pitch and he sent his penalty out of Wembley. Morata scored a beautiful goal to tie the match and then badly missed his penalty. Italy were deserved winners.

Definitely was a good one after the first half. Rooting for Italy to win, unless Denmark somehow beats England in London...

well, well, well...

Danmark overhovedet?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I'm not talking smack or complaining - I'm being 100% real with you - there should be an award for best flop pf the week every week and a special one for the cup.  It should be recognized by giving the winner a trophy that cannot stand upright and constantly lays on its side - like the reverse of a sippy cup.  Again, 100% serious,

Schmeichel stopped a Kane PK, but Kane put in the rebound. 2-1 15 min left.  Even the English PBP guy for ESPN just said 'England got lucky'. 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

46 minutes ago, Bob said:

Hate seeing matches being decided by penalties like that. That is my biggest gripe with soccer. That would be like a  technical foul in basketball being worth 37 points

Agree on that 1st sentence. Except, as stated before, when you get deep in the attack as often as England did today, things happen. I’m not sure it was a good call, but it was definitely one w/in the bounds of reason. All of England’s possession and where it pushed high so much — probably deserving. It doesn’t always work that way — see Spain yesterday. Those elements help take soccer to the edge of the extreme emotions.  Great tournament. Looking forward to the final. 

In the last month I've been betting most of the Euro and Copa games and also some MLS.

Small time stuff mostly $5 per game almost exclusively on the "draw"; which usually pays 2.5-3.5 to 1. I was definitely well ahead of the game (one day I hit 4 of 7 in MLS) ...until last night. I bet $5 on all 8 MLS games; hitting 2 would have been about break even...0 for 8, -$40 :pullhair:

21 hours ago, RSF said:

Schmeichel stopped a Kane PK, but Kane put in the rebound. 2-1 15 min left.  Even the English PBP guy for ESPN just said 'England got lucky'. 

From a Denmark fan perspective, it's like "Own goal, questionable penalty, blocked penalty, lasered goalie...good game England!"

England did have a lot of opportunity all game and their defense is phenomenal (Denmark with only 6 shots!), but I was pulling for Denmark!

22 hours ago, Bob said:

Hate seeing matches being decided by penalties like that. That is my biggest gripe with soccer. That would be like a  technical foul in basketball being worth 37 points

It was not a foul.  BS call

I guess this isn't the Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard English side anymore.  The next generation is here.

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

I guess this isn't the Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard English side anymore.  The next generation is here.

"Back in my day..." :oldman:

I'm with you though, I didn't even know half of the players on the current Spain squad. I miss Iniesta , Xavi, and Villa.