Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

OT: Euro 2021 Thread: Who Ya Got?

5 hours ago, Bob said:

My pick, England, is looking good.

England’s next match is in Italy on Saturday vs. Ukraine. WIn that and they would be back in London for semi’s and then finals if they keep winning.

2 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

England have an easy path to the finals. The other side of the bracket have Spain, Italy, and Belgium.  Even though this is their worst side in decades, Im going for Spain to take it all.

Love Spain and confess that I do not follow except sometimes cramming for big world tourneys. Not even this time, but I see Spain having big trouble in the back line against anything creative or explosive. 

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Coiombia in the Copa de America.  I don't follow Euro fútbol.

Edi Cavani Masterclass incoming tomorrow.

12700A13-2223-46D4-9769-D6D8D93BAA31.jpeg

9 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

Love Spain and confess that I do not follow except sometimes cramming for big world tourneys. Not even this time, but I see Spain having big trouble in the back line against anything creative or explosive. 

Most of reasoning is due to passion, I follow them pretty closely starting with the 2 Euro wins sandwiching the WC in South Africa with the Barça team. Got to see them play live and fail in Brazil. Then that bs game against Russia in Russia, etc. Even went to every Rapids game here in Denver when they played NYC FC just to see David Villa play.

With France out though, who else is creative/explosive? Hazard? Kane? Lol. I don't think any of the teams left have too much up front anymore. It definitely is a long shot, but I think it's a long shot for all the teams left.

43 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Most of reasoning is due to passion, I follow them pretty closely starting with the 2 Euro wins sandwiching the WC in South Africa with the Barça team. Got to see them play live and fail in Brazil. Then that bs game against Russia in Russia, etc. Even went to every Rapids game here in Denver when they played NYC FC just to see David Villa play.

With France out though, who else is creative/explosive? Hazard? Kane? Lol. I don't think any of the teams left have too much up front anymore. It definitely is a long shot, but I think it's a long shot for all the teams left.

You are way up on me. I loved the peak tica taka of Spain in the last decade. Such a beautiful expression of a team game w/oppositional goals on a rectangular 2.5 dimension playing space.  

The Croatia game just seemed to expose a back line that wasn’t as organized or physical as it should be. They really lost containment on the back side too many times. Looking forward to the Swiss game in a few hours. 

26 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

You are way up on me. I loved the peak tica taka of Spain in the last decade. Such a beautiful expression of a team game w/oppositional goals on a rectangular 2.5 dimension playing space.  

The Croatia game just seemed to expose a back line that wasn’t as organized or physical as it should be. They really lost containment on the back side too many times. Looking forward to the Swiss game in a few hours. 

They are definitely missing Ramos and Pique in the back and they'll probably find some way to lose like always, but I'm always optimistic :)

Heartbreaking loss for the Swiss. Sommer stood on his head all game long, and then they stunk it up in penalties, DESPITE two more saves from Sommer and a post shot by a Spaniard. Just terrible. 

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

Looks like Spain gets the Italians. Italy won the last meeting at Eurocup (2016) 2-0. But Spain dominated in Euro 2012 finals 4-0. Hopefully a good game.

Spain looked a bit pedestrian today in their win over Switzerland. Their lack of a quality striker continues to bite them. Italy were solid against Belgium but look to have lost their best player in the tourney (Spinnazola) to injury. 

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Heartbreaking loss for the Swiss. Sommer stood on his head all game long, and then they stunk it up in penalties, DESPITE two more saves from Sommer and a post shot by a Spaniard. Just terrible. 

A Russian missile was fired after their radar picked up an unidentified object launched from within the stadium.

44 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Spain looked a bit pedestrian today in their win over Switzerland. Their lack of a quality striker continues to bite them. Italy were solid against Belgium but look to have lost their best player in the tourney (Spinnazola) to injury. 

Ya lack of attacking force has been their story for several years now. Italy definitely looks like the better team.

2 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Looks like Spain gets the Italians. Italy won the last meeting at Eurocup (2016) 2-0. But Spain dominated in Euro 2012 finals 4-0. Hopefully a good game.

Spain is nowhere near their 2008-2012 level, but Italy might be less of a favorite with an apparent injury to their stud Spinazola. Should be an excellent game. As long as someone beats England...