Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

OT: Euro 2021 Thread: Who Ya Got?

On 6/14/2021 at 4:56 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

According to the doctor, his pulse had stopped on the field. He was revived with a defibrillator. 

He was released from the hospital and visited his teammates before heading home.  Lucky fellow to be alive.

5 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

England and Scotland in the rain at Wembley Stadium.  That looks like fun.

Old football ⚽ rivalry in the world!

10 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Anyone watching Portugal vs Germany? Have a question about Portugal’s goal. 

I was pist I missed it. We were driving to Ventura. I hoping to make it in time to catch the 2nd half. 

England-Germany today with the winner having a great path all the way to the final. England historically have struggled with the Germans in knockout games but they will be in London today which should help. 

Yesterday’s matches between Croatia-Spain and France-Switzerland were fantastic. Hopefully England-Germany comes close to those two in entertainment value.

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

England-Germany today with the winner having a great path all the way to the final. England historically have struggled with the Germans in knockout games but they will be in London today which should help. 

Yesterday’s matches between Croatia-Spain and France-Switzerland were fantastic. Hopefully England-Germany comes close to those two in entertainment value.

I didn't get to see the Croatia-Spain match, but France-Switzerland was great. That last save on Mbappe in PKs was a thing of beauty.

11 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I didn't get to see the Croatia-Spain match, but France-Switzerland was great. That last save on Mbappe in PKs was a thing of beauty.

I was shocked that the Swiss were able to come back against a very stout French defense with two absolutely great goals in the final 10 minutes. As for the PK’s, there’s a reason why teams want to go first. The pressure on the final penalty taker is immense. Mbappe’s miss came as a complete surprise; he’s class.

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

One of the best back-to-back world soccer game finishes that I can recall this early in the morning.

4 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Heading to the  bar for the second half here in a bit with my Germany kit.

44 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Easier to look good when every game so far has been at home.

My money is on Italy, but Spain has looked much better the past couple games too.

With the surprising departure of Holland, Belgium is looking the best.