Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

OT: Euro 2021 Thread: Who Ya Got?

Christian Eriksen of Denmark collapses on the field during Denmark/Finland.  Given CPR on the field.  No word on his condition.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Shame on the UEFA broadcast for continuing to show him being given CPR and zooming in on his wife's face during the on-field care.

I can't remember the last time I felt that sick/concerned watching live TV.  So glad to hear he's apparently on a path to recovery.

Here's to Denmark winning the whole damn thing.

21 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Well, being relatively new to following futbol, and since all I've really watched is the PL, I'll pull for England. Although I hear France is the team to beat. 

France definitely the team to beat. Loaded with talent and lots of success on the world stage.  Portugal, Germany, and Italy are solid threats as are Belgium and England.  I have always followed England who are currently loaded with tremendous young, attacking talent. 

On 6/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, sebasour said:

Probably the scariest things I've ever seen on live TV

Luckily it appears he's okay

According to the doctor, his pulse had stopped on the field. He was revived with a defibrillator. 

France, Portugal and Holland look the top contenders.

On 6/13/2021 at 7:24 AM, dshawfan said:

Well, being relatively new to following futbol, and since all I've really watched is the PL, I'll pull for England. Although I hear France is the team to beat. 

Who is your PL team? Any team other than Man City FC, is the wrong answer!

On 6/15/2021 at 11:07 PM, DoubleBlueGold said:

Who is your PL team? Any team other than Man City FC, is the wrong answer!

My younger brother has been a life long fan of futbol, and cast his lot w Man United many years ago, so being a good older brother, I chose City….he hates me now 😂

On 6/14/2021 at 4:53 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

France definitely the team to beat. Loaded with talent and lots of success on the world stage.  Portugal, Germany, and Italy are solid threats as are Belgium and England.  I have always followed England who are currently loaded with tremendous young, attacking talent. 

Caught a bit of the replay of France vs Germany. Saw a play by Mbape, where he jelly legged 3 defenders, and bent the shot just inside the far post. Goal was disallowed, but to see him do that was just amazing. He’s scary good! 

37 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

Caught a bit of the replay of France vs Germany. Saw a play by Mbape, where he jelly legged 3 defenders, and bent the shot just inside the far post. Goal was disallowed, but to see him do that was just amazing. He’s scary good! 

France with a 1-0 lead are absolute killers because of Mbappe. They can sit back and defend, then play long balls and take advantage of Mbappe’s speed and skills.

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

France with a 1-0 lead are absolute killers because of Mbappe. They can sit back and defend, then play long balls and take advantage of Mbappe’s speed and skills.

If Pogba and Mbappe were on the same club team they'd win the Champions League every year. That long passing and speed combination is scary for anyone wearing a different shirt than them.

Man City's De Bruyne gives Belgium the lead over Denmark.