Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Police Officer Flips Pregnant Woman's Car While Attempting PIT Maneuver

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Wow, that sounds like a real legitimate study. 

pOlIcE wOnT HaRm yOu iF YoU lIsTen

Police abuse, Roslin points out, is an open secret. In 1991, sociologist Leonor Johnson presented to the U.S. House of Representatives Select Committee on Children, Youth and Families, suggesting that 360,000 of the then 900,000 law enforcement officers in the U.S. were likely perpetrating acts of abuse. After a Los Angeles Police Department officer murdered his wife and committed suicide in the late ’90s, a review of domestic abuse allegations brought against officers showed that between 1990 and 1997, 227 alleged cases of domestic violence were brought against police officers, only 91 were sustained and only 4 resulted in conviction of criminal charges. Of the four convictions, only one officer was suspended from duty. He was asked to take three weeks off.

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

pOlIcE wOnT HaRm yOu iF YoU lIsTen

Police abuse, Roslin points out, is an open secret. In 1991, sociologist Leonor Johnson presented to the U.S. House of Representatives Select Committee on Children, Youth and Families, suggesting that 360,000 of the then 900,000 law enforcement officers in the U.S. were likely perpetrating acts of abuse. After a Los Angeles Police Department officer murdered his wife and committed suicide in the late ’90s, a review of domestic abuse allegations brought against officers showed that between 1990 and 1997, 227 alleged cases of domestic violence were brought against police officers, only 91 were sustained and only 4 resulted in conviction of criminal charges. Of the four convictions, only one officer was suspended from duty. He was asked to take three weeks off.

Not sure why you have this big hard on for the police based on anecdotal media stories. IMO the police are like any other profession, there are assholes and idiots that manage to keep their jobs. Your irrational authority complex attitude toward cops is more likely going to result in problems for you than me who takes them as just another profession that chooses to do a shitty job. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Not sure why you have this big hard on for the police based on anecdotal media stories. IMO the police are like any other profession, there are assholes and idiots that manage to keep their jobs. Your irrational attitude toward cops is more likely going to result in problems for you than me who takes them as just another profession that chooses to do a shitty job. 

https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED338997.pdf

This is not a media story.  

Why do cops beat their family members at 15X the rate of the average citizen?  

I'm respectful in all my interactions with police.  A smart mouth could mean your life, or a broken bone, or trumped up legal charges, so it's the smart thing to do.

I see cops as a necessary evil because there are so many dumb shits in society. My encounters with police have been limited. I’ve probably been stopped for tickets about ten times in my life all of which I bear responsibility and none of which resulted in any kind of altercation. When I get stopped I don’t think oh shit I might get shot or beaten up. 

Based on my experience I don’t have a problem with guys having to do what I consider to be a shitty job. Others obviously have had some really bad experiences that suck. If I had a bad experience I would probably feel different. :shrug:

57 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You sound like your dad was a cop and beat your sorry ass every day. :hahaha:

52 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes, the fact 40% of cops beat their wife and kids is a really funny thing

https://money.yahoo.com/data-suggests-40-percent-cops-145601125.html

49 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Wow, that sounds like a legitimate study. 

If there ever was a reason to call for something stronger than our idiot button, soupforbrain's posts here would warrant it. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Every cop is a pig.

No such thing as a good cop.  

There are man. I'm sorry your life experience has given you the impression there aren't any good cops, because there are plenty.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

15 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I see cops as a necessary evil because there are so many dumb shits in society. My encounters with police have been limited. I’ve probably been stopped for tickets about ten times in my life all of which I bear responsibility and none of which resulted in any kind of altercation. When I get stopped I don’t think oh shit I might get shot or beaten up. 

Based on my experience I don’t have a problem with guys having to do what I consider to be a shitty job. Others obviously have had some really bad experiences that suck. If I had a bad experience I would probably feel different. :shrug:

Yes, and like hmhb and I, you're also a white man. 

That said, perhaps we should be looking into ways to increase the qualifications necessary to become a law enforcement officer in this country. 

14 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

There are man. I'm sorry your life experience has given you the impression there aren't any good cops, because there are plenty.

I mean, I'm privileged by my skin color and gender, and I've had a grand total of one positive interaction with a member of law enforcement. That was when I got pulled over at 16 because the DMV +++++ed up and hadn't given my parents the registration sticker for my car because of a paperwork issue. Mind you, my car was only two months overdue, so him pulling me over for it in the first place was suspect, but I'll count the actual interaction as positive. 

My wife's ex is a former sheriff's deputy, and he left the profession because of the toxicity within the LEO community for stuff like this and worse. His brother was a deputy in another county, and he did the same thing about a year later. 

They work a shit job, and they have to deal with the worst of the worst. That said, it doesn't mean that they should treat everyone they encounter as though they're the worst of the worst. Which, makes them the worst of the worst in actuality and practice. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

You sound like your dad was a cop and beat your sorry ass every day. :hahaha:

aside from bad language, i'm about as boringly Mormon as they come.  i never did anything stupid as a kid except speed.

but this isn't about me. 

it's not even about you!

it's about how what SHOULD be an honorable job and position as peacekeeper has transformed into authoritay loving bad seeds who refuse to prosecute and punish their own.  it's about power going to the heads of a collective organization and a pervasive and acidic fear eroding any sense of courage or nobility of what the profession could be.  instead of accepting their role and the risks involved, they USE the risks involved to excuse themselves of the most disgusting crimes.  the leadership down to the beat cop is rotten and needs drastic re-arranging.

6 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

There are good people that are cops.  No cops can be good at a job that is inherently not good.  

Every cop is poorly trained.  Ever cop was poorly vetted before becoming a cop.  Every cop is part of a larger culture that is broken and are guilty by association.  Every cop is part of a culture and training that control is key, after there is control, you can do the rest.

Mother Theresa could become a cop (if alive).  She would be a bad cop.

13 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

aside from bad language, i'm about as boringly Mormon as they come.  i never did anything stupid as a kid except speed.

but this isn't about me. 

it's not even about you!

it's about how what SHOULD be an honorable job and position as peacekeeper has transformed into authoritay loving bad seeds who refuse to prosecute and punish their own.  it's about power going to the heads of a collective organization and a pervasive and acidic fear eroding any sense of courage or nobility of what the profession could be.  instead of accepting their role and the risks involved, they USE the risks involved to excuse themselves of the most disgusting crimes.  the leadership down to the beat cop is rotten and needs drastic re-arranging.

That’s where we differ. I don’t believe the problem is as pervasive as you do. I think the media over project any bad police altercation and portray it as the norm. I respect the police in general that choose to do a shitty job most of us aren’t qualified or don’t want to do. Like any profession, those that do a bad job or abuse their power need to be weeded out. 

@soupslam1

if you've ever worked in an industrial warehouse/manufacturing plant, no one says 

"ah, well, Tim sure didn't deserve to get impaled by that forklift, and Bob should be trained on the forklift better. but y'know, we have a lot of forklifts coming and going in this warehouse and Tim's the only guy who died.  so, we'll try to train Bob a little harder and make sure everyone else follows their safety rules"

everyone wants 0 safety accidents.  even 1 is too many.  we strive for 0 because we know anything else than that perpetual fight for accident free zones means accidents will happen at a greater rate than if there were no safety measures and training.

we already freak out when people break the law by punishing them.  we go after them, we arrest, gather evidence, prosecute, and jail them.  but when cops frick their jobs up, there's just no justice.  

55 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

Well, meth is a helluva drug,

Cops do this stuff, shoot people, and punch and kick detained people, etc. because their egos were frustrated.  It's that simple and it's base human nature.  It's like a parent that loses it and smacks their kid when their ultimate authority is challenged.  

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I mean, I'm privileged by my skin color and gender, and I've had a grand total of one positive interaction with a member of law enforcement. That was when I got pulled over at 16 because the DMV +++++ed up and hadn't given my parents the registration sticker for my car because of a paperwork issue. Mind you, my car was only two months overdue, so him pulling me over for it in the first place was suspect, but I'll count the actual interaction as positive. 

My wife's ex is a former sheriff's deputy, and he left the profession because of the toxicity within the LEO community for stuff like this and worse. His brother was a deputy in another county, and he did the same thing about a year later. 

They work a shit job, and they have to deal with the worst of the worst. That said, it doesn't mean that they should treat everyone they encounter as though they're the worst of the worst. Which, makes them the worst of the worst in actuality and practice. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There are good people that are cops.  No cops can be good at a job that is inherently not good.  

Every cop is poorly trained.  Ever cop was poorly vetted before becoming a cop.  Every cop is part of a larger culture that is broken and are guilty by association.  Every cop is part of a culture and training that control is key, after there is control, you can do the rest.

Mother Theresa could become a cop (if alive).  She would be a bad cop.

Half, you're mistake is the assumption that all LEAs are equally trained; you could not be further from the truth.

Your assumption also errs in the premise that training programs are fixed; since the death of George Floyd, every. single. agency in the County of San Diego has stopped using carotid restraints. This necessitates an immediate change in training.

Look at what happened with Baltimore PD. They transformed their training, their culture, an the very relationship the LEA has with the community it serves.

These changes happen. They have been long overdue, and for every agency undergoing a cultural shift by design, there are surely dozens in Podunk tons and backwater states that are still entrenched in the same bullshit modalities that give rise to such wonderful displays as Officer C*ntymonkey in the OP literally flipping' a b¡tch.

I'll shift gears into allegory now and tell you both a couple stories about the aforementioned good friend in the CHP.

*****Story Time*****

Included in the law that legalized recreational weed was a provision that made it a ticketable offense to smoke a joint while driving (akin to having an open container). The very first month it went into effect, my friend pulled over two drivers who were smoking a joint, each time with a different partner, though each time with the same result.

Each time, he ticketed the driver for smoking a joint, and each time had them step outside the vehicle to undergo a FST. 

And in each instance, my friend came to the conclusion that neither driver was an impediment to public safety and let them go with a ticket. 

Now, most Chippies are high and dry, humurlous f*cks who would unintentionally suck a brick off a wall with their ass if they were to lean against it.  And in each instance, his partner wanted to take them back to the station to have them piss/blood tested.

And in each instance, my friend pulled rank, informing each partner that their duty was to protect and serve, and that the driver did not pose a threat to anyone.

Now, skip ahead to a few weeks ago...

A BMW traveling at a high rate of speed weaving and out of moderate traffic rear-ends a car that tried to get out of his way by changing lanes. The BMW hits the car in the 1-lane, and the car angels into the k-rail and flips - injury accident. Multiple witnesses.

My buddy has the driver of the BMW exit the vehicle after he smells alcohol from inside the car and on his breath. While he's trying to explain what he's going to be doing (conducing a FST), the guy's gf has also exited the car and is filming with her phone. Both are saying the same thing - "You're just doing this because I'm/he's Mexican! You're RACIST!"

To which my friend replies, "uh, no? I'm just doing my job because you were racing through traffic and hit another car?"

Yet the bullshit continues... "Racist derp derp! Just because Mexican derp derp!" He has to continue to explain, has to continue to ask the woman to back up and return to the car, all because this diptshit decided to drive drunk and in doing so caused an accident  that resulted in injuries to another person.

Idk how he kept his cool. My friend hates this shit and has to deal with it all. the. time. No one wants to own their shit. 

When we were going out to bars and people would ask him what he did, he would tell them he was a garbage man. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg