Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

LA Sheriff to increase CCW permits

In all honesty, I can think of situations where the government is completely corrupt or inept where something like the second amendment makes sense.  I could see it being very useful in places like the northern triangle of Central America.  "Stand your Ground" could be very useful in communities combating extortionists and gangsters.

That being said, the level of guns in the USA is completely unnecessary.  The idea was a good idea a wild and lawless frontier where outlaws could take over and we were under constant threat from foreign invaders but that isn't how the USA is currently.  Unfortunately the framers didn't forsee us being the richest, most democratic, and most powerful country in the world and we are stuck with no way out.  Had they put in a "trigger" mechanism to reduce the availability of guns based on conditions on the ground that would have made more sense.  Instead we have centuries of peace yet nobody bothered to disarm any of the soldiers.

Posted Image

9 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

You’re missing the point. The government should offer every citizen a gun, a safe, and a security system free of charge. We can seize Jeff bezos’s assets to make it happen.

And why should Jeff Bezos foot the Bill?  

11 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

You’re missing the point. The government should offer every citizen a gun, a safe, and a security system free of charge. We can seize Jeff bezos’s assets to make it happen.

We also have a right not to be deprived of property without due process. You think Bezos doesn't deserve that right. 

You are a fool. 

16 hours ago, sean327 said:

We’ve had Constitutional Carry in Arizona since 2010. Everyone like you claimed it would turn us into the Wild West. It’s been quite the opposite. 

Is that how Loughner got a gun to shoot Congresswoman Giffords in the face?  Guns with no background checks!  Very successful!  

Posted Image

11 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

With the trans community it is about empowerment.  I would figure the same for women.  Why Trans, single women and African Americans are the fastest growing population of gun owners.

A good friend of mine who is trans says the same joke all the time "The only thing you need to worry about in my pants is the snub nose"

Your friend should get a better gun. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

5 hours ago, Akkula said:

Fair indeed.  

Perhaps being charged with a crime may be extreme but perhaps we should just treat them like a lot of felons get treated and revoke the right to hold a firearm if you are proven unable to properly secure it.  Maybe just 10 years without said firearm or something but you get to keep your freedom.  You just get a time out and toys taken away since you have proven you are not a "responsible gun owner."  What would happen to the militia armory guard if he was just "losing his guns" and getting robbed all the time?

I bet you think women who get raped should not be allowed to wear skirts or tube tops as well.

17 hours ago, azgreg said:

Douchebags? Really?

KXIX4JuxNIe%2BQI%2B9dwttIqKGSPwetJO3bxWq

Total douchbags. If you want to carry for your own protection, I'm OK with that but conceal the handgun. These guys? They seem to be carrying to try to convince others that they really DON'T have tiny penises.

As to the L.A. County Sheriff, there hasn't been an incumbent voted out of office in something like 50 years. Hell, James Baca never left office until he became senile and last I heard the guy was in state prison as is his undersheriff. However, Villanueva is probably 50/50 to get reelected. The L.A. Times hates him because he rehired two high-level buddies that were fired by Baca for incompetence, the Board of Supervisors hate him because he's criticized them once too often (a pox on both their houses), and the deputies union apparently hates him because newly-elected "soft on crime" DA George Gascon is another friend of his.

17 hours ago, CV147 said:

Good. Even better would be to remove the requirement for a concealed weapons permit altogether.

Constitutional carry is where they need to be.

Any permit, really, is just the government taking away a right and then charging you money for it to be returned. It's discriminatory against those in lower incomes, and against people of color.

Criminals don't care about a permit, and law-abiding citizens shouldn't have to either.

I'm happy for the law-abiding residents of LA County and wish Bill "Ruby Ridge" Gore would follow suit here in the SDC.

But that being said, that's a hard 'no' to the idea of doing away with CCW permits. Just, no. As someone who used to provide training to county LEAs, including a weaps class, there are too may NDs from idiots who actually spend mandatory range time to qualify multiple times a year to begin tossing dynamite into the gene pool. 

Check people out, verify they aren't card carrying members of either ISIS or Vanilla ISIS, and in the absence of a valid reason not to issue and some cursory mandated safety course/test, shall issue should rule the day. 

Arming every single f*cktard with a Yosemite Sam complex with a pocket pistol doesn't make the world any safer, just more trigger happy.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

BTW, quick note to Cali residents - if you or a lived one have a legitimate reason to fear for your safety or well-being, your wife is better off with a handgun in her purse than a knife - provided she has an actual reason to be concerned for her well-being, the former will be charged as a misdemeanor, while the latter is an automatic felony with a minimum 5-year sentence regardless of the circumstance.

17 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Here is where I’ve changed my tune on guns. In an ideal world, no one, not even cops, would have them. We don’t live in that world. So fine. Everyone can have a gun. I don’t care. But rights come with responsibilities. If your gun is used to commit a crime you get the maximum sentence. If you let someone borrow your gun and they accidentally kill someone with it, you both go down for involuntary manslaughter with the maximum penalty. If someone steals your gun and uses it to hold up a liquor store, you go down for armed robbery along with the perpetrator. If your aggro teen that you’ve been verbally abusing his whole life under the guise of “discipline” and “tough love” takes your gun to school and murders a bunch of his classmates, you’re culpable.

I think this is a fair compromise. 

@Jeffkills  I nominate this clown for the Troll Derby.  His recent work is enough to make him a front runner.

Barack Obama

4 hours ago, Akkula said:

Is that how Loughner got a gun to shoot Congresswoman Giffords in the face?  Guns with no background checks!  Very successful!  

We still have background checks. They never went away. No one is saying we should get rid of background checks. 

3 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

@Jeffkills  I nominate this clown for the Troll Derby.  His recent work is enough to make him a front runner.

I second the nomination.

8 hours ago, Akkula said:

In all honesty, I can think of situations where the government is completely corrupt or inept where something like the second amendment makes sense.  I could see it being very useful in places like the northern triangle of Central America.  "Stand your Ground" could be very useful in communities combating extortionists and gangsters.

That being said, the level of guns in the USA is completely unnecessary.  The idea was a good idea a wild and lawless frontier where outlaws could take over and we were under constant threat from foreign invaders but that isn't how the USA is currently.  Unfortunately the framers didn't forsee us being the richest, most democratic, and most powerful country in the world and we are stuck with no way out.  Had they put in a "trigger" mechanism to reduce the availability of guns based on conditions on the ground that would have made more sense.  Instead we have centuries of peace yet nobody bothered to disarm any of the soldiers.

What’s this we? You live in Costa Rica. There is no we that includes you anymore.

14 minutes ago, sean327 said:

We still have background checks. They never went away. No one is saying we should get rid of background checks. 

Just out of curiosity, then why the idiot button on my post? I'm essentially saying the same thing - if you pass a BI, you should get a CCW, period.

Just now, TheSanDiegan said:

Just out of curiosity, then why the idiot button on my post? I'm essentially saying the same thing - if you pass a BI, you should get a CCW, period.

Why should I have to get a permit from the government to exercise my Constitutional Right? Now do you understand the idiot button? 

1 minute ago, sean327 said:

Why should I have to get a permit from the government to exercise my Constitutional Right? Now do you understand the idiot button? 

Then wtf is the point of - and whotf is conducting - background checks? Now do you understand my question?

2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Then wtf is the point of - and whotf is conducting - background checks? Now do you understand my question?

I got a background check when I bought my weapon. Why should I have to pay a fee to get another background check so I can exercise my Constitutional Right? I understood your stupid question. CCW Permits are nothing more than a revenue generation scheme that also doubles as an excuse to infringe on a Constitutional Right. 

20 minutes ago, sean327 said:

... CCW Permits are nothing more than a revenue generation scheme that also doubles as an excuse to infringe on a Constitutional Right. 

They are also a phucking joke.  I have zero doubt you could pass the shooting portion of the ccw course with a blindfold on. 

Barack Obama