Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

LA Sheriff to increase CCW permits

2 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I’m not following. Are you implying that our society is so +++++ed up and violent that women and minorities need guns to survive? I almost agree. 

I don’t hate guns. That’s inaccurate. 

I strongly disagree with the idea that a person should be able to own a gun but also take zero responsibility for what happens with said gun. 

That’s all. 

But you’ve got me thinking now. What if I said that this law I’ve proposed only applies to white men? There. Fixed it. 

We get it dude.  You want a prison state.  The more people in chains, the happier you are.  Who cares if it is a poor single mom that got robbed.  Lock her up!

Pig.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We get it dude.  You want a prison state.  The more people in chains, the happier you are.  Who cares if it is a poor single mom that got robbed.  Lock her up!

Pig.

You got me to adjust my position. Poor single moms are off the hook. Take the W.

2 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

You got me to adjust my position. Poor single moms are off the hook. Take the W.

So who is on the hook?  What about a single woman who was carrying in her purse but got slipped drugs at the bar, was subsequently raped, and the side arm in her purse was stolen?

Lock her up and throw away the key?  That will teach her.  She should have known better than to be drugged, raped and robbed!!!!

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So who is on the hook?  What about a single woman who was carrying in her purse but got slipped drugs at the bar, was subsequently raped, and the side arm in her purse was stolen?

Lock her up and throw away the key?  That will teach her.  She should have known better than to be drugged, raped and robbed!!!!

I told you. White men. That’s it. 

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I told you. White men. That’s it. 

Ok.  The white man suffering from transitioning to his perceived gender.  Trans people are the most at risk in the country to be victims of crime.  This white "man" who is not sure if he is a man or not, but knows the statistical risks, dresses in drag but carries a fire arm.  He is beaten in an ally, has his purse stolen, that had his gun.  Lock him up for life?  Throw away the key?

What about the white man, let us say 19, whos mother left an abusive husband, a man that kicked the shit out of her.  He wants to be a good son, so he carries a .357 because who knows when violent drunk dad will be back.  He told mom he was going to kill her, and dad always makes good on his word.  He and mom go on a much needed vacation.  In the meantime dad breaks into the home, steals the gun and uses it on mom.

White boy should be locked away forever?

Ok.  The white man suffering from transitioning to his perceived gender.  Trans people are the most at risk in the country to be victims of crime.  This white "man" who is not sure if he is a man or not, but knows the statistical risks, dresses in drag but carries a fire arm.  He is beaten in an ally, has his purse stolen, that had his gun.  Lock him up for life?  Throw away the key?

Ugh. Ok fine. Cis-gendered, able-bodied, straight, middle-class white men. 

Like I said above, I’m getting tired of waiting around for the government to oppress us. Let’s go already. This is what I voted for, and if I don’t get it, I’ll be forced to donate to AOC and the squad. They’ll get this shit done. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What about the white man, let us say 19, whos mother left an abusive husband, a man that kicked the shit out of her.  He wants to be a good son, so he carries a .357 because who knows when violent drunk dad will be back.  He told mom he was going to kill her, and dad always makes good on his word.  He and mom go on a much needed vacation.  In the meantime dad breaks into the home, steals the gun from the gun safe he knows the code to, and kills mom.  

Whit boy should be locked away forever?

I think you’re pointing out a lot of scenarios that make gun ownership problematic.

Just now, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Ugh. Ok fine. Cis-gendered, able-bodied, straight, middle-class white men. 

Like I said above, I’m getting tired of waiting around for the government to oppress us. Let’s go already. This is what I voted for, and if I don’t get it, I’ll be forced to donate to AOC and the squad. They’ll get this shit done. 

See above post.

I think you’re pointing out a lot of scenarios that make gun ownership problematic.

No, not really.  You said any cis white man who is a victim of robbery and that robbery leads to a death should be incarcerated for life...

BTW...super racist.

See above post.

You’ve heard of Chekhov’s gun right? It’s the idea that you don’t introduce a gun in the first act unless you’re planning on having it fired in the third. 

Lot of third acts taking place in American life. That’s all I’m saying.

You’ve heard of Chekhov’s gun right? It’s the idea that you don’t introduce a gun in the first act unless you’re planning on having it fired in the third. 

Lot of third acts taking place in American life. That’s all I’m saying.

No what you are saying is that law abiding citizens should be jailed for life for no other reason than being victims of a crime.

You love you some police state.

Ever get the anti vax concentration camp figured out?

46 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

You own the gun to prevent your own victimization. I know I’ve heard that. People like me who don’t own guns are sitting ducks, just waiting to be beaten and abused by scary people who want my catalytic converter. This is the worldview I’ve been asked to accept.

Who said carrying a gun will prevent anything? 

It may or may not give you a fighting chance in certain circumstances.  That's it.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

4 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Who said carrying a gun will prevent anything? 

It may or may not give you a fighting chance in certain circumstances.  That's it.

With the trans community it is about empowerment.  I would figure the same for women.  Why Trans, single women and African Americans are the fastest growing population of gun owners.

A good friend of mine who is trans says the same joke all the time "The only thing you need to worry about in my pants is the snub nose"

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No what you are saying is that law abiding citizens should be jailed for life for no other reason than being victims of a crime.

You love you some police state.

Ever get the anti vax concentration camp figured out?

Concentration camp? Far from it. I say we seize bill gates assets and buy them a resort. 

Listen, it’s been fun debating implausible scenarios with you, but I gotta go to bed. 

You have a great sense of humor except when this topic comes up. You take it all very personally. Nothing I - or anyone for that matter - say is ever going to impact your ability to own a gun. Ever. So it’s sort of like a millionaire taking it personally when a homeless person makes fun of their suit. Like, bruh, this suit costs more than you’d make in a hundred lifetimes. Society values my contributions so much more than yours that you don’t even deserve a home while I’ve got one on each coast. The cops will literally arrest you for sitting there if I call them. I won this game.

Gun enthusiasts have won the game. It’s over. All I have left at this point is gallows humor. The violence inherent in American life is such that I have no reaction to it anymore. Statistics mean nothing. Eulogies for children mean nothing. A six-year-old got shot to death in the backseat of his moms car near where I live in a road rage incident a couple weeks ago, and you know what the community did? Supported a local donut shop that was donating its profits to the family. Then when the perp got arrested they all celebrated like it was over, like we’d accomplished something. Somebody shot a child because they were mad at his mom for cutting them off, which I’m sure she didn’t even know she’d done it, and our reaction is a bloodthirsty search for vengeance…and donuts. We are broken. I’ve accepted it. You all have what you want, so just enjoy it. 

2 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

You can carry it. You just better be prepared to use it. That’s all.

Let’s set some damn precedent. I’m getting bored waiting around for the government tyranny I’ve been promised.

I don’t get it. So if someone much bigger than you knows you are legally carrying and walks up to you and says with balled up fists, “I am going to punch you in the face and take your gun.” Are you saying that you must now draw your weapon and shoot this person to prevent them from taking possession of said gun due to the culpability you could face if the gun falls into the wrong hands?

This argument makes absolutely no sense. I have to think you are just masterfully trolling in this thread.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We get it dude.  Your white privilege is SHINNING through.  You hate black people,  We FUGGEN GET IT.  You hate minorities and the poor.

Keep your racist shit to yourself from now on.  Fuggen bigot.

Ok turbo, tone it down with the racist racist racist accusations. It’s littttttle over the top. 

41 minutes ago, KayakArmada said:

Ok turbo, tone it down with the racist racist racist accusations. It’s littttttle over the top. 

Learn the lay of the land before you start calling people out "turbo".  Everybody here knows these posts are in fun  and having fun with the poster I am engaging with.  Not serious.  The entire conversation is TIC, with neither of us being all that serious and mostly poking and prodding.

Get a feel around here mr "turbo".

Seriously, you should read a bit get a feeling for this place.

The entire exchange was mostly TIC, with some parts being real feelings....

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Concentration camp? Far from it. I say we seize bill gates assets and buy them a resort. 

Listen, it’s been fun debating implausible scenarios with you, but I gotta go to bed. 

You have a great sense of humor except when this topic comes up. You take it all very personally. Nothing I - or anyone for that matter - say is ever going to impact your ability to own a gun. Ever. So it’s sort of like a millionaire taking it personally when a homeless person makes fun of their suit. Like, bruh, this suit costs more than you’d make in a hundred lifetimes. Society values my contributions so much more than yours that you don’t even deserve a home while I’ve got one on each coast. The cops will literally arrest you for sitting there if I call them. I won this game.

Gun enthusiasts have won the game. It’s over. All I have left at this point is gallows humor. The violence inherent in American life is such that I have no reaction to it anymore. Statistics mean nothing. Eulogies for children mean nothing. A six-year-old got shot to death in the backseat of his moms car near where I live in a road rage incident a couple weeks ago, and you know what the community did? Supported a local donut shop that was donating its profits to the family. Then when the perp got arrested they all celebrated like it was over, like we’d accomplished something. Somebody shot a child because they were mad at his mom for cutting them off, which I’m sure she didn’t even know she’d done it, and our reaction is a bloodthirsty search for vengeance…and donuts. We are broken. I’ve accepted it. You all have what you want, so just enjoy it. 

TLDR....

First couple sentences were nonsense word salad...no point reading the rest.

11 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Here is where I’ve changed my tune on guns. In an ideal world, no one, not even cops, would have them. We don’t live in that world. So fine. Everyone can have a gun. I don’t care. But rights come with responsibilities. If your gun is used to commit a crime you get the maximum sentence. If you let someone borrow your gun and they accidentally kill someone with it, you both go down for involuntary manslaughter with the maximum penalty. If someone steals your gun and uses it to hold up a liquor store, you go down for armed robbery along with the perpetrator. If your aggro teen that you’ve been verbally abusing his whole life under the guise of “discipline” and “tough love” takes your gun to school and murders a bunch of his classmates, you’re culpable.

I think this is a fair compromise. 

Fair indeed.  

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So basically what you are saying is that guns should be in a gun safe at all times, in order to have a gun.  Can't be on your person, you could get held up and robbed.  Can't be in your car.  Somebody could break a window.

Seems...really dumb.

Perhaps being charged with a crime may be extreme but perhaps we should just treat them like a lot of felons get treated and revoke the right to hold a firearm if you are proven unable to properly secure it.  Maybe just 10 years without said firearm or something but you get to keep your freedom.  You just get a time out and toys taken away since you have proven you are not a "responsible gun owner."  What would happen to the militia armory guard if he was just "losing his guns" and getting robbed all the time?

Posted Image