Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jalapeno

Big Sky on ESPN+

I think it's debatable whether the MWC media rights deal is better than what the Big Sky has coming.  The money is probably better but it will be easier for the Big Sky schools to sell recruits on exposure compared to the MWC schools imo.

Just another slow offseason thread...carry on.

15 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

I think it's debatable whether the MWC media rights deal is better than what the Big Sky has coming.  The money is probably better but it will be easier for the Big Sky schools to sell recruits on exposure compared to the MWC schools imo.

Just another slow offseason thread...carry on.

lol, nah.

It’s all on ESPN plus. Probably cheaper to watch weber st than BYU. I have to spend $70 to watch all BYU games plus the free BYU app. Unfortunately I have to pay $100 if I want BYUtv on the same platform. I go with the $70 YouTubetv.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

1 hour ago, robe said:

It’s all on ESPN plus. Probably cheaper to watch weber st than BYU. I have to spend $70 to watch all BYU games plus the free BYU app. Unfortunately I have to pay $100 if I want BYUtv on the same platform. I go with the $70 YouTubetv.

ESPN+ is now $59.99...per year.  It's pretty much the go to app for FCS football this upcoming season and only the CAA is missing due to their contract with FloSports.  You got some C-USA, Sun Belt, AAC, MAC, and Big 12 stuff there.  There will be even some SEC stuff there this fall due to the SEC's new ESPN contract but that will be when the SEC schools play FCS teams.

NHL games will be on ESPN+ even live except if you have a team in your market.  Ditto for MLS games.

The value of ESPN+ is just insane.  I'm not bothering with a cable TV subscription this fall.

6 hours ago, robe said:

$100 bones? How much little house on the prairie can one person stomach?!

6 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

ESPN+ is now $59.99...per year.  It's pretty much the go to app for FCS football this upcoming season and only the CAA is missing due to their contract with FloSports.  You got some C-USA, Sun Belt, AAC, MAC, and Big 12 stuff there.  There will be even some SEC stuff there this fall due to the SEC's new ESPN contract but that will be when the SEC schools play FCS teams.

NHL games will be on ESPN+ even live except if you have a team in your market.  Ditto for MLS games.

The value of ESPN+ is just insane.  I'm not bothering with a cable TV subscription this fall.

maybe if you follow FCS football the value is good.

On 6/11/2021 at 1:54 PM, Jalapeno said:

Not bad but if BYU joined the AAC. I’d have to shell out $75 plus $60 for ESPN+ for the one football game and a handful of basketball games. Sweet deal for FCS and smaller conference though. 

23 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

$100 bones? How much little house on the prairie can one person stomach?!

YouTubeTv doesn’t have it on its line up. So I’d have to shell out more money for Dish or direct TV. The problem with the BYUtv app is you can’t pause. You can’t watch it until the game is completely over unless you want to be live. 

I think there is another streaming services for $25 that might have BYU TV and allow me to start the game when I want. I’d prefer to pay BYUTV something for more options. 

I just watch sports on it. I have too many damn subscriptions of other things. 

On 6/11/2021 at 7:40 PM, Billings said:

maybe if you follow FCS football the value is good.

Followed FCS last spring and will keep going on that so ESPN+ is a heck of a deal for that.

On 6/12/2021 at 5:22 PM, robe said:

Not bad but if BYU joined the AAC. I’d have to shell out $75 plus $60 for ESPN+ for the one football game and a handful of basketball games. Sweet deal for FCS and smaller conference though. 

ESPN+ is great for those FCS conferences and smaller conferences.  What you can watch on ESPN+ is just mind blowing.  I'm not going with cable TV this fall and will watch college football via the OTA channels or ESPN+.  NFL games will be on ESPN+ come 2022 as well.

ESPN has been super smart with how they've built up ESPN+.

Especially for those of us in rural areas, streaming has been a Godsend. I just believe that this form of accessing media will be the dominant way we will order programming in the near future and ESPN has already put together a streaming platform that is unmatched in the sports genre. They just put the Ultimate Fighter on there now, which is the show that popularized the UFC.

I suspect that ESPN College Gameday will someday be moved to exclusively ESPN+.

3mxsBs3.jpg

Pluto TV and Root Sports did a pretty good job.  Sadly, I wasn't able to stream these games while I was in Germany due to GDPR regulations.  

The teams in the BSC are just hoping this additional exposure will benefit in recruiting and funding.