Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Crazy things that happened to you recently.

So, this old lady I met after she filed an FCC complaint against the company I worked for, had a crazy request.  My job was to smooth things over with those who complained to the FCC or BBB, this gave me wide leeway, including exchanging phone numbers, social media accounts.  I would then type out a published resolution for each complaint.  This lady, we royally screwed, so I went above and beyond to make things right, including giving her about $1000 in equipment and another $300 in service.  Apparently I did such a good job she felt comfortable enough to ask me to help find her kidney, a year later.

image.png.7c1138352c9016873bcd394b909c7a89.png

I politely told her I would not know where to find a kidney.  Her response was, "figured you of all people would know where *insert relative name* might have some luck, she has cash"

Do I really give off a "I could score some organs" vibe?

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Post all the bizarre things that happen in your day to day life here that are not thread worthy.

Just saw someone finishing up taking a shit in broad daylight today on my way into work after lunch. @Joe from WY and @Rebels18 were talking shit about who’s cities were literally shittier from people shitting in the streets not even a week ago on here. FML Spokane.

Go Zags.

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Just saw someone finishing up taking a shit in broad daylight today on my way into work after lunch. @Joe from WY and @Rebels18 were talking shit about who’s cities were literally shittier from people shitting in the streets not even a week ago on here. FML Spokane.

Go Zags.

Hopefully it was a healthy movement.

19 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Where do i even start? Jfc. Take your pic. The better question would be "what normal has happened to you lately" to which the answer would be, "not much".

For Joe it should be "what is crazier than usual".

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Post all the bizarre things that happen in your day to day life here that are not thread worthy.

This human condition is a strange bird and this could be a fun distraction.

Dude...I live in Florida. 

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Go Zags.

Spokane calls that Tuesday

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

But @halfmanhalfbroncoI like the premise of the thread.  It could be fun.

I'll throw one out from this weekend. There was a concert series called Gulf Coast Jam down the road from here in Panama City I was attending.  Weekend long deal ....the county sheriff's have a warrant out for this guy who flies a seaplane. See him all the time flying over the beach...he does these crazy dives. Imagine being on a roller coaster. At the apex and then straight down and straight back up again. Well he was buzzing the concert at what the cops said was below 300 feet. Which is against the law I guess..not sure how patrol guys  know this or can measure it but.....they want him for questioning. 

What happened to me wasn't necessarily crazy, but it really pissed me off. In January, my mother-in-law passed away and she left all of her assets including the house to my wife and I. I was living in Bakersfield at the time and the house was a million times better than the little apartment we were living in, so we packed up and moved. I kept my job at the school I was working at, but that meant I had to commute nearly 120 miles round trip every day. I managed to finish off the year and I started looking for other schools to transfer to that was closer to our home in Visalia. There was a school I subbed at for several years prior that had an opening for my field. I submitted an application and I got a call the next week from the administration for an interview. I went in and knocked the interview out of the park. I knew there were a lot of applicants, but I had a good rapport with the students and staff at the school so I was hoping that might give me an edge. A week later I heard nothing, then my master teacher who works at the school called and informed me that they hired the vice principal's daughter who has zero full time classroom experience and is not even finished with the credential program. It was straight up nepotism and I felt betrayed that I went in with the administration looking at me dead in the face knowing they had already made their decision before even interviewing me.    

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

2 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

What happened to me wasn't necessarily crazy, but it really pissed me off. In January, my mother-in-law passed away and she left all of her assets including the house to my wife and I. I was living in Bakersfield at the time and the house was a million times better than the little apartment we were living in, so we packed up and moved. I kept my job at the school I was working at, but that meant I had to commute nearly 120 miles round trip every day. I managed to finish off the year and I started looking for other schools to transfer to that was closer to our home in Visalia. There was a school I subbed at for several years prior that had an opening for my field. I submitted an application and I got a call the next week from the administration for an interview. I went in and knocked the interview out of the park. I knew there were a lot of applicants, but I had a good rapport with the students and staff at the school so I was hoping that might give me an edge. A week later I heard nothing, then my master teacher who works at the school called and informed me that they hired the vice principal's daughter who has zero full time classroom experience and is not even finished with the credential program. It was straight up nepotism and I felt betrayed that I went in with the administration looking at me dead in the face knowing they had already made their decision before even interviewing me.    

+++++ that.  Sorry friend.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

+++++ that.  Sorry friend.

Thanks, there are a lot of boomer teachers retiring due to COVID fatigue, so I'm sure something will turn up during the summer. Honestly, just typing that out made me feel better. This happened about a month ago and I'm still miffed about it.  

3 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Thanks, there are a lot of boomer teachers retiring due to COVID fatigue, so I'm sure something will turn up during the summer. Honestly, just typing that out made me feel better. This happened about a month ago and I'm still miffed about it.  

Glad you had a chance to type it out...That is really +++++ed up, not saying that just because you are a member here.  That is really +++++ed...

Pardon the language, but they clearly had the hire in mind, and credentials had no play.  The interviews were for show.  You have every right to be pissed.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Glad you had a chance to type it out...That is really +++++ed up, not saying that just because you are a member here.  That is really +++++ed...

I agree and there are several other teachers on campus who have their own grievances against the admin. It will be a fireworks show at the next board meeting.  

A book that was given to me 20 years ago, that I never looked at until recently, turned out to be a first edition with a signed note from the author. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

That is bullshit!  Unfortunately it happens all the time.  I have a similar story from a couple of years ago involving a job I applied for and another dude got it because his father in law was in school board etc.... long story

8 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Nepotism in education is about as common as saltwater in oceans it seems. 

Seems like they always have interviews set up as kabuki theatre just to show they went through the process with their person in mind the whole time, they just had to have a "process" to pretend they actually, well, check the boxes.