Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

12 Team CFB playoff ?

LOL, I agree with the Pac-12 Commish. The Pac-12 SHOULD go to the playoffs every year.... 

However, they SHOULD still earn their way in. They have 30 million dollars (or more) reasons why they SHOULD not be out ranked by TWO G5 conference champs.  :lol:

14 hours ago, e-zone99 said:

So what are all the good reasons why BYU should join the AAC? 

I trust my connections to BYU a lot more more than you and there is a reason why BYU only has outs in future schedule contracts if they are invited to a P5 conference and not for joining a G5 conference.

The reasons have already been stated, and while I’m not trying to get between you and your connection’s discussions the math doesn’t seem to be there the way you listed above.  The negotiations are already underway, it’s just a matter of timing and there’s still a couple years until things have to happen so the urgency isn’t there yet.  It’s not about any one conference and it’s not just about byu, everyone is talking.  This is the last chance for byu to improve their position for a long time and I can assure you they are being proactive.   

8 hours ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

Pac-12 seeks automatic bid for all Power Five conference champions in proposed 12-team College Football Playoff

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2021/6/18/22540638/pac-12-seeks-automatic-bid-for-power-five-conference-champions-in-12-team-college-football-playoff?_gl=1*dtkx4q*

Can you imagine the conversation taking place amongst the commissioners when they said that? The burden is on them to field better programs and they’ve been told this by the people that matter.  The fact they even posted that statement shows they’re on an island. 

23 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Can you imagine the conversation taking place amongst the commissioners when they said that? The burden is on them to field better programs and they’ve been told this by the people that matter.  The fact they even posted that statement shows they’re on an island. 

The MWC/G5 teams are hungry to eat.  Like some cannibalistic surviver on the deserted island.  The guys in the back of the pack are a bit nervous. 

Hungry Ready To Eat GIF

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The reasons have already been stated, and while I’m not trying to get between you and your connection’s discussions the math doesn’t seem to be there the way you listed above.  The negotiations are already underway, it’s just a matter of timing and there’s still a couple years until things have to happen so the urgency isn’t there yet.  It’s not about any one conference and it’s not just about byu, everyone is talking.  This is the last chance for byu to improve their position for a long time and I can assure you they are being proactive.   

What negotiations are under way?  I'll tell you this is you can count on, BYU will wait until 2025 and the Big12's new media rights negotiations.

11 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

What negotiations are under way?  I'll tell you this is you can count on, BYU will wait until 2025 and the Big12's new media rights negotiations.

That’s what was said in the sentences immediately following the bolded statement you quoted.  As far as byu/big 12 goes, it would be best to look forward and not backwards on that front.  

4 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Every time I see this I think of how much better this P-11 of yours would be if UNLV and New Mexico was replaces with Fresno State and Nevada.

Anyway, carry on....

Shows your intelligence level.  Not surprising.

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

UNLV has been a basement dweller in this conference. Go to the WAC or something.

When we leave, you will be left behind in the WAC.  Enjoy us while you have us, won’t be for long.  Cream rises to the top and every donkey has its day.  Good luck going forward you will need it.

I’m conflicted on this one; on one hand, if the PAC didnt say something about the p5 and auto births given their circumstances I’d say someone should be fired.  Then again the way the Sunbelt(!) shaded them then Aresco came in and spilled the beans and how the other p5 conferences left the PAC out to dry makes them look so weak and left behind.  If I were the big 12 I’d swoop in and try to take a couple of their members.  

15 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

When we leave, you will be left behind in the WAC.  Enjoy us while you have us, won’t be for long.  Cream rises to the top and every donkey has its day.  Good luck going forward you will need it.

UNLV's cream went sour long ago.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

What? They don't even have beach front property.

OK in all seriousness. Morgantown I haven't been too. Have been to Huntington and done the Point Pleasant Mothman Tour. But not to the northern part of WV.

But I have been to Stillwater.......No. Just no. There are literally towns around there that have been abandoned, water and dirt that can kill you, and you're close to Tulsa which is another shit town. 

It depends on who the pac teams moving would be.  Morgantown is nice.  Stillwater I get your concern but it’s relatively close to OKC which is nicer than many places, Certainly not a top destination but it comes down to personal preference.  If I had to choose between Stillwater/OKC and Tempe/Phx I’d choose the former, as that part of Arizona is the definition of a wasteland to me and more centralized and has natural water.

At a meeting in Dallas Tuesday morning, the College Football Playoff’s Board of Managers, a group of 11 university presidents and chancellors, formally authorized conference commissioners to proceed with their proposed 12-team Playoff format.

Discussions are expected to be held this summer between the CFP, the New Year’s Six bowls and television partner ESPN to determine the feasibility of implementing an expanded bracket earlier than 2026, when their current contracts expire. CFP executive director Bill Hancock has previously said the soonest the format could change is the 2023 season. Final approval would likely come this fall.

“The board has authorized the management committee to begin a summer review phase that will engage other important voices in this matter," Mississippi State president and chairman of the CFP Board of Managers said in a statement. He added that they would consult with the bowls and broadcast partner to determine "the feasibility of the 12-team proposal."

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.