Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grandjean87

Lucinda Williams

9 hours ago, gold-n-brown said:

I wore out her album "Car wheels on a gravel road".

That was a helluva an album.  I listened to it a ton when it came out on my spin bike cross training for my last ultra with knees deteriorating such that I had to limit my running.  I saw Lucinda in the early '00s.  Probably at her rocking peak.  Came out w/a head blasting version of Drunken Angel and never let up.   Later she had some great, haunting songs and some solid collaborations She had a stoke a couple years back, but is still going.  I tend to hear Lucinda on KBSU Radio's Saturday formats.

18 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

Ok @gold-n-brownan @Old_SD_Dude favorite LW songs?  This one was about her mother's death and the TV show "House" used it to end one of their episodes.  Some movie used it, too. I just lost two HS classmates to sudden deaths.  Seems to fit my mood.

I like Righteously a lot. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Ask me again in a year and it will probably change. Obviously love all of car wheels.

Changed the locks. Those three days and love the guitar in Pineola.

I remember how you are a fan of Jerry Jeff and Snider.   You have a good taste in music my friend.

22 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

Ok @gold-n-brownan @Old_SD_Dude favorite LW songs?  This one was about her mother's death and the TV show "House" used it to end one of their episodes.  Some movie used it, too. I just lost two HS classmates to sudden deaths.  Seems to fit my mood.

1 hour ago, gold-n-brown said:

Ask me again in a year and it will probably change. Obviously love all of car wheels.

Changed the locks. Those three days and love the guitar in Pineola.

I remember how you are a fan of Jerry Jeff and Snider.   You have a good taste in music my friend.

I first heard of Lucinda when she shared an Austin City Limits bill with Guy Clark.  I had a tape of her eponymous '88 album.  Lots of great songs on that.  Passionate Kisses, I Just Wanted to See You So Bad, Side of the Road, Locks, and more.  That concert I saw her was one of the better ones I've enjoyed. 

Jerry Jeff was my touchstone. I got to a lot of music through his tree branches.