grandjean87

You're Stuck With Us

21 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

If that 6 + 6  CFP proposal passes, the MWC is really stuck w/us.

Seems like it's a foregone conclusion now. Still are we even sure those P5 teams are gonna take a 12-1 BSU or Nevada if a 13-0 SMU or Toledo is already in? I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure the argument will be made that a 11-3 North Carolina or 8-4 Ole Miss is more deserving.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Seems like it's a foregone conclusion now. Still are we even sure those P5 teams are gonna take a 12-1 BSU or Nevada if a 13-0 SMU or Toledo is already in? I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure the argument will be made that a 11-3 North Carolina or 8-4 Ole Miss is more deserving.

The G5's will never be on equal footing with the P5 for the playoffs.  They'd rather we just have our own playoff system and not even bother with us.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

The G5's will never be on equal footing with the P5 for the playoffs.  They'd rather we just have our own playoff system and not even bother with us.  

That's a fact.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

What’s your take on the 1987 war drama cult classic full metal jacket?

Only watch the first half. Once they get to Nam, turn it off.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, King Spartan said:

Only watch the first half. Once they get to Nam, turn it off.

You do that and you don't find out how to shoot women and children.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
24 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

You do that and you don't find out how to shoot women and children.

You also learn that Ann Margret isn't coming.

On 6/10/2021 at 3:01 PM, Ibanez said:

It seems to me as though they won’t really have a choice. It’s about standings and polls, not what TPTB want to happen. If Coastal Carolina and Boise are both higher than, say, the Pac-12 champ, that’s that.

3 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

It seems to me as though they won’t really have a choice. It’s about standings and polls, not what TPTB want to happen. If Coastal Carolina and Boise are both higher than, say, the Pac-12 champ, that’s that.

I agree with you. But we all saw how Cincinnati gat screwed last year in the rankings. An Ohio State team that didn't play jumped them after a Cincinnati win. I honestly think they would feel pressured to purposely keep teams out of the top 12.

Let's say Boise State beats Michigan State, Oregon State, BYU, and UCF in 2023 and goes undefeated on conference or loses one conference game to a 9-3 SJSU. I honestly feel like the Broncos would get left out. Do you think they deserve a top 12 ranking of they won the conference championship game but lost the one game?

I feel like in this new system, G5 teams will always hang around the 10-15 ranking while being undefeated or with one loss. But late in the season if a #9th or #10th ranked UCF loses to Tulsa like they always do, I guarantee you UCF is ranked 16th or 17th on the next ranking. Fair or not. If a 8-1 LSU that's ranked #8 loses to Ole Miss, they drop to #13 or #14. Just so it gives them a fighting chance to get back in the playoff.

• Like 1
On 6/10/2021 at 4:05 PM, Ibanez said:

No thanks.

Ibanez, you seem a lot more bitter and grumpy lately.  Did you have an extra bowl of bitch flakes this morning or what?

• Haha 5
6 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Ibanez, you seem a lot more bitter and grumpy lately.  Did you have an extra bowl of bitch flakes this morning or what?

Boise's application was denied so now they never really wanted it and are better off where they are...it's kinda like when you lose out on a big recruit.

8 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Boise's application was denied so now they never really wanted it and are better off where they are...it's kinda like when you lose out on a big recruit.

Uhh no. A deal didn't get worked out with football only and Boise State stayed put. What is it with you AAC fans thinking you all have all of this power over BYU, the MWC, and teams in the bottom half of the P5.

Being on the MWC has its perks. We don't have to travel to those family friends shit holes like Memphis.

12 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Really? That's what you came up with? Travel 9 miles west and borrow a personality from a Cougar fan.

• Facepalm 1
On 6/10/2021 at 5:06 PM, King Spartan said:

You also learn that Ann Margret isn't coming.

I'm told Elvis knew how to make that happen...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

And because I know AAC fans live in their own bubble 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/boise-state-american-athletic-conference-evaluating-broncos-joining-league-as-12th-football-member/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

17 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Let's say Boise State loses one conference game to a 9-3 SJSU.

I like how you're thinking here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 6/12/2021 at 11:35 AM, Ibanez said:

Really? That's what you came up with? Travel 9 miles west and borrow a personality from a Cougar fan.

Wow, she's touchy .

• Haha 1