Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grandjean87

You're Stuck With Us

15 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

How is an unproven asst with no HC experience an improvement over a guy who just got hired by a SEC school?

Auburn hiring Harsin was hilarious.  Even funnier than Otz getting hired away from UNLV.  

Avalos was in line for P5 HC jobs, having been a finalist at several P5 schools.   Not such a micro manager, players are more excited than I have ever seen them since they have been in Boise.  Total home run hire.  Harsin is leaving him the most untalented (under developed might be more correct) roster Boise has had in two decades, so it may take some time.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Auburn hiring Harsin was hilarious.  Even funnier than Otz getting hired away from UNLV.  

Avalos was in line for P5 HC jobs, having been a finalist at several P5 schools.   Not such a micro manager, players are more excited than I have ever seen them since they have been in Boise.  Total home run hire.  Harsin is leaving him the most untalented roster Boise has had in two decades, so it may take some time.

BH getting a SEC job may have been a head scratcher, but it was nothing like Otz getting hired by ISU. 

At least Harsin won at this level. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

BH getting a SEC job may have been a head scratcher, but it was nothing like Otz getting hired by ISU. 

At least Harsin won at this level. 

I will always root for Harsin, once a Bronco always a Bronco.  But it is nice to see coaches and players having fun again.  The "fun" part seemed to be lacking too often under Harsin.  He had two different personalities.  Bryan, and Hars.  Bryan was no fun, and frankly a dick.

I think a change was needed for everybody, and I am super happy he gets to set his family up with generational wealth.  

Real talk though.  I really enjoy the MWC.  It's fun, competitive across multiple sports, with schools my grandfather never dreamed of being associated with when he was chair of the theater department.

The fact Boise is in a conference with schools like Fresno, the AFA, CSU, Wyoming, UNM, SDSU etc...is a testament to how far the program and school has come. From a JC, to here, with you all, is something to be proud of.

You are still our bitches, but I am proud you are our bitches.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I will always root for Harsin, once a Bronco always a Bronco.  But it is nice to see coaches and players having fun again.  The "fun" part seemed to be lacking too often under Harsin.  He had two different personalities.  Bryan, and Hars.  Bryan was no fun, and frankly a dick.

I think a change was needed for everybody, and I am super happy he gets to set his family up with generational wealth.  

Brian Polian was a fun coach. So was Dave Rice.

Good luck with that.

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Brian Polian was a fun coach. So was Dave Rice.

Good luck with that.

So was Saint Pete.  Avalos has a nasty side, but it is not his persona.  We saw that when he was DC here.  

He is just more predictable and not likely to scream at his assistants calling them mother +++++ers in front of players during games, like Bryan did.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So was Saint Pete.  Avalos has a nasty side, but it is not his persona.  We saw that when he was DC here.  

He is just more predictable and not likely to scream at his assistants calling them mother +++++ers in front of players during games, like Bryan did.

I didn't know BH was that kind of A-hole.  No wonder you prefer AA, even if some of it is just homer optimism. 

I'm curious to see how Harsin does.  I'm guessing not as well as Pete, even with SEC resources.

Barack Obama

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No progress?  Our football success has done wonders for our school.  I'm very happy with being ranked in the top 25 more often than not, and think our new coach is a big improvement.  Good times.  Fun games.  Growing school and city.  The schools best years are ahead of it.

What are your early thoughts on the game against UCF?

7 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I didn't know BH was that kind of A-hole.  No wonder you prefer AA, even if some of it is just homer optimism. 

I'm curious to see how Harsin does.  I'm guessing not as well as Pete, even with SEC resources.

I expect him to get 4 years of that sweet sweet money.  Enough to set up his family for life.

And yeah, Harsin was a control freak, and would rage frequently at his coordinators, in front of players.

So when I say Andy is "fun again" I mean there is not a giant cloud of terror hovering over the players and coaches.

3 hours ago, nvspuds said:

No doubt Fox likes you the most..That is fine..It does nothing to negate how much Boise hates being in this conference, though..

I'd argue that entirely irrelevant. Who cares about how much anybody likes each other? It's not about "liking" each other. This is business. 

At the end of the day, the only important thing is if both sides benefit from the association.

And at the moment (and likely for at least a few more years) everyone gets something out of this. How much BSU loves or hates the conference or how much the conference loves or hates them really isn't important.

28 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I think he’ll do well this year. Good coordinators (Bobo and Mason) and a lot of top 15 recruiting classes to work with. But he’s got a Boise-level ‘22 class, which is a bad sign.

21 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I'd argue that entirely irrelevant. Who cares about how much anybody likes each other? It's not about "liking" each other. This is business. 

At the end of the day, the only important thing is if both sides benefit from the association.

And at the moment (and likely for at least a few more years) everyone gets something out of this. How much BSU loves or hates the conference or how much the conference loves or hates them really isn't important.

I agree..I was just surprised that Boise didn't leave when they bolted the 1st time and even more surprised they didn't leave this time..

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

I agree..I was just surprised that Boise didn't leave when they bolted the 1st time and even more surprised they didn't leave this time..

If someone other than the Big Sky would have taken their oly's, they'd be gone.

Once the Big West turned them down, it was pretty much over. 

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If someone other than the Big Sky would have taken their oly's, they'd be gone.

Once the Big West turned them down, it was pretty much over. 

We don't know how deep those talks were.  As halfman put it, Boise might have just kicked the tires.  Which could mean nothing more than a two minute phone of AD Dickey catching up with the conference commissioner, who was the #3 figure in the MWC offices before leaving in summer of 2020. 

36 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

We don't know how deep those talks were.  As halfman put it, Boise might have just kicked the tires.  Which could mean nothing more than a two minute phone of AD Dickey catching up with the conference commissioner, who was the #3 figure in the MWC offices before leaving in summer of 2020. 

Probably not very deep.  They want no part of Boise's oly sports. 

All the 'western division' nonsense was always just some Boise fans trolling.

Barack Obama

On 6/8/2021 at 11:13 AM, Ibanez said:

Like I said you useless ++++ rag, I've been right more often than not. You just live in denial because this forum is all you have in your wasted life. Put me on ignore If you don't wanna here what you have to say. You're worthless and have absolutely no use to anyone, especially me. +++++ off somewhere.

You ever met @Steve Aztec? I see a lot of similarities.  

On 6/8/2021 at 10:14 AM, Ibanez said:

Awwww, it's not a negative reflection on your daddy Aresco. You don't have to come in here and defend your honor. As I've said before, Boise State could of went to the AAC at any time. Financially it didn't make sense.

If Boise State joined as a football only member they would of got around $7 million. The rest of the AAC teams under ESPN would of got $9.2. Doesn't take a math teacher to figure out staying on the MWC and getting $5.7 made more sense.

Plus UCF will be in the Big 12 soon according to the UCF fan base.(Little clue: The won't.)

Did you know that, similarly, @Steve Aztec was an insider with tons of information about San Diego State football.  In fact, he was instrumental in San Diego State’s mascot change.  I’d like to see such instrumental MWC football insiders come together.  Maybe you can reach out to him for a podcast?

4 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I asked a simple question. If you don't have an answer then why comment? And I've been on a few podcast already. And to clarify they were fan podcast. Nothing big.

A podcast with you and @Steve Azteccould be huge for MWC football! I could see a National following.  It could even stray into other areas such as military movie and film review.  

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Serious question. If it was just Boise fans trolling, then how come journalist have talked about it since late last year? How come the same teams kept getting brought up? Is everyone lying?

There has never been any doubt that Boise wants to leave..While you have admitted to just being a troll there has been plenty other sources. I am still surprised Boise hasn't left yet.  

What you don't want to understand is even if Boise takes a few schools with them, the MW will continue.  

5 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I have no doubt the MWC would be fine. But because of location the MWC doesn't really have anyone to add of teams left. They would probably be stronger not adding anyone.

But there are no saints on this conference. If any team could go to a stronger conference they would.  At the end of the day everyone is looking after themselves.

My problem is everyone is cussing at me while Jeff has his finger up his ass and calling me a bunch of shit when I was talking about this happening months ago. I wasn't trying to brag or throw a "Gotcha" at anyone. I simply said for now on of anyone wanted to talk to me about this topic to PM me and that's what I've done. I quit bringing it to the board because of the constant attacks. After a while you get over it and cuss back. And then fake ass Jeff takes up for them.

This board is gonna go to Hell without Mug. But it is what it is.

Dude you admitted that you were making stuff up to win the troll contest..  You had no inside info that wasn't already out there.  You are lashing out at people but you don't have to do that.  This isn't on Jeff or Mug..It is all you..You made the choice..You can make a better one..