Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grandjean87

You're Stuck With Us

1 minute ago, jdgaucho said:

...which is why I said the AAC needed "to sweeten the pot for the Big West, WCC or WAC to take them in for other sports"

In the original arrangement prior to the Big East split, SDSU was guaranteed (4?) basketball games by the Big East to help soften the RPI / NET hit.  I think the AAC could have done that for Boise.  Offered to chip in a couple games for each BW, WAC or WCC member, or cover their travel subsidy if applicable.  That sorta thing.  Maybe the AAC did. I suspect they did not.

something like Tulsa, WSU, SMU, and Houston will make themselves available OOC for Boise to play every year as they're the closest teams...Id be fine with that.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

You guys would get the Big 12 invite before Boise. Academics actually matter to the P5.

No on the former, and it depends on the conference with the latter.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

34 minutes ago, King Spartan said:

If you're going to leave, leave us for the Big 12. The AAC is a lateral move.

The only way the AAC move would be an "upgrade" would be if we took 2 others with us, formed an all west division, for all sports, and it ALSO triggered a contract renegotiation"

Even then it would leave me feeling sick to my stomach.  I love this place.  Rooting for UCF, Cinci and Memphis would make me feel dirty.  No fun.

7 minutes ago, RSF said:

No on the former, and it depends on the conference with the latter.

Yeah, I don't think the Big 12 would quibble about Boise's academic standing if Boise brought enough to the table.  We do not.  That simple.  In 20 years when Boise has a metro of 1.5 million or so, and if we have similar football success as the last 20 years, I could see it.

11 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Lol.  First of all, Dennis Dodd is a hack, he gets zero inside information at the cfb level anymore-blacklisted.  Second, this is old news.  Boise hasn’t been on the radar outside of ‘full western expansion’ for years. There’s only been a singular target for one-team expansion for nearly as long and the aac can wait them out due to the playoff format changing. 

It wasn’t hard to see if you were paying attention that the AAC wanted Boise-only, football-only. That didn’t work for Boise. Not THAT dramatic in the end.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

1 hour ago, bornsilverandblue said:

It wasn’t hard to see if you were paying attention that the AAC wanted Boise-only, football-only. That didn’t work for Boise. Not THAT dramatic in the end.

The singular target was BYU, not Boise, but agree that the writing was on the wall and anticlimactic.  The fb-only thing never had mutual legs; any new members must bring basketball-it’s too valuable.

2 hours ago, quickdraw said:

What does BS-U offer at all to earn the extra cash? Nothing!

This was a BS deal done by a panicked MWC leadership, meaning University Presidents. Now it is all about paying for an old Delorean. It prompted a lot of attention at one time but now it just promptes a bored shrug. Eh

If Boise State were to leave the conference, you’d find out what we “do” when the MWC tries to negotiate their next TV contract. We bring a national audience that “earns” the willingness from the networks to elevate the dollars above C-USA levels. Two decades of consistent winning commands national respect…your program should try it. :rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Same tired response but this isn’t 2014 anymore. Quit living in the past.

Still true today. Again, your opinion will matter once UNLV starts carrying the flag for this conference…until then, it’s just sour grapes.

1 hour ago, NeighSayer said:

Still true today. Again, your opinion will matter once UNLV starts carrying the flag for this conference…until then, it’s just sour grapes.

Right now, it's SJSU who is carrying the flag.  And it is theirs until someone takes it from them.

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The singular target was BYU, not Boise, but agree that the writing was on the wall and anticlimactic.  The fb-only thing never had mutual legs; any new members must bring basketball-it’s too valuable.

UCF, the largest university in the country - still a G5 school.  That’s got to piss you off, right?

I have yet to drive into the campus, but holy fcking shit!  It’s like they give out UCF license plate holders for free here.  

On 6/7/2021 at 7:52 PM, Koji Vu said:

So long, Mr. Leverage. It was good knowing you; don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

Unfortunately for any Aztec who wants out, it means SDSU is stuck here too. 

4 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Right now, it's SJSU who is carrying the flag.  And it is theirs until someone takes it from them.

I’m talking TV value. Hats off to the Spartans for one nice year…10 more like that and they’ll start approaching Boise State territory.

5 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

UCF, the largest university in the country - still a G5 school.  That’s got to piss you off, right?

I have yet to drive into the campus, but holy fcking shit!  It’s like they give out UCF license plate holders for free here.  

ASU is the largest

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law

On 6/8/2021 at 2:09 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

FWIW, it Boise was willing to put their sports in the Big Sky, the would have been in the AAC last year.

Things work out for a reason.  Glad to be here among peer institutions.

Yeah, because we're not that retarded to actually try to play football in the AAC.

Splitting our sports is the cherry on top of a POS pie we didn't want/need any part of...

@ESPN, let's talk (BSU+BYU) - a la carte.

New-Signature.jpg

9 hours ago, NeighSayer said:

You are absolutely correct. That extra $1.8 million should go to the conference champion every year because they will have earned it. BS-U as any kind of a National program was almost a decade ago. Since then it’s all been about  prima donna  coaches and fans. You are a legend in your own minds.

7 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Yeah, because we're not that retarded to actually try to play football in the AAC.

Splitting our sports is the cherry on top of a POS pie we didn't want/need any part of...

@ESPN, let's talk (BSU+BYU) - a la carte.

We’re all pullin for you. If there is anything we’re can do to grease the skids as BS-U is headed out the door just let us know. Looks like a match made in heaven. You’d command the entire, partial portion of the intermountain west.

9 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

You are absolutely correct. That extra $1.8 million should go to the conference champion every year because they will have earned it. BS-U as any kind of a National program was almost a decade ago. Since then it’s all been about  prima donna  coaches and fans. You are a legend in your own minds.

0906bsufbmar03entrance

New-Signature.jpg