Bob

Great article

Just now, bornontheblue said:

You realize that the virus is not just floating around by itself. It’s contained in snot and spit droplets that are much heavier than the virus and forcefully projected out when. We talk, breathe, so g etc. The droplets  can be contained by a cloth mask. Contained to  your own nasty face. 

Why is is this so hard to get through to some  people . 

Furthermore, even if they aren't, the velocity of your breath that the droplets ride on is reduced by the mask. It will never eliminate the virus but if they decrease infection rates, great! Based on case studies, they do; based on state by state comparison, it's tough to say. Regardless, still a better idea than manically washing your hands like the first recommendations 

11 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Furthermore, even if they aren't, the velocity of your breath that the droplets ride on is reduced by the mask. It will never eliminate the virus but if they decrease infection rates, great! Based on case studies, they do; based on state by state comparison, it's tough to say. Regardless, still a better idea than manically washing your hands like the first recommendations 

Lol, I washed my hands so much In The first couple of months of the pandemic that my skin got cracked and started bleeding. The early days of the pandemic were unreal . 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, happycamper said:

This is the video that convinced me that masks work 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2
  • Facepalm 1
1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Lol, I washed my hands so much In The first couple of months of the pandemic that my skin got cracked and started bleeding. The early days of the pandemic were unreal . 

Same! It turns out singing "Ragtime cowboy joe" in my head is about the right amount of time so it made the hand washing a little less boring B)

59 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

You realize that the virus is not just floating around by itself. It’s contained in snot and spit droplets that are much heavier than the virus and forcefully projected out when. We talk, breathe, so g etc. The droplets  can be contained by a cloth mask. Contained to  your own nasty face. 

Why is is this so hard to get through to some  people . 

We’ll have to agree to disagree. Why is it so hard for some people to understand the virus is smaller than the pores in a cloth mask and it’s impossible for all of them to be captured.

• Cheers 1
  • Idiot 1
9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. Why is it so hard for some people to understand the virus is smaller than the pores in a cloth mask and it’s impossible for all of them to be captured.

I don’t disagree with your last statement. Masks  are not touted  as being 100% effective , nor should they be. They are effective at lowering risk. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

I don’t disagree with your last statement. Masks  are not touted  as being 100% effective , nor should they be. They are effective at lowering risk. 

14 months into masks, and we still have to say this. Oh well. Point is more or less moot now.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

14 months into masks, and we still have to say this. Oh well. Point is more or less moot now.

You shouldn't be surprised.   Early on, there were people who believed you could catch the corona virus from drinking corona beer.  Sales of Corona actually dropped because of that rumor.   It took some explaining to convince people that drinking corona beer was as safe as ever.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2
11 minutes ago, Pasco Bronco said:

All  the conspiracy theory anti vaxxers would feel right at home here in Benton and Franklin counties

" I was born in a free country I don't have to wear no stupid masks!!!"

Some areas went full Nazi on the mask wearing.  Do you remember the news story where a father was at a park with his young daughter, pushing her on a swing?  He wasn't wearing a mask and if IIRC, he was arrested.  I think he and his daughter were the only people at the park.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Some areas went full Nazi on the mask wearing.  Do you remember the news story where a father was at a park with his young daughter, pushing her on a swing?  He wasn't wearing a mask and if IIRC, he was arrested.  I think he and his daughter were the only people at the park.

Sorry, but after the past four years, I'm just not in the mood for you Trump supporters victim games right now.

2 minutes ago, Pasco Bronco said:

Sorry, but after the past four years, I'm just not in the mood for you Trump supporters victim games right now.

Jesus dude, is everything Trump related to you?  No one is playing the victim.  We're talking about masks, give the Trump shit a rest, you phucking idiot.

• Like 1
  • Idiot 1
7 minutes ago, Pasco Bronco said:

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Jesus dude, is everything Trump related to you?  No one is playing the victim.  We're talking about masks, give the Trump shit a rest, you phucking idiot.

He’s got a dozen posts and doesn’t have time for you Trump supporters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

He’s got a dozen posts and doesn’t have time for you Trump supporters. 

24 years of dealing with the White Trash Taliban is enough for one lifetime.

On 6/7/2021 at 1:53 PM, happycamper said:

bob they did empirical testing of exhalations with masks lol why are you comparing it to smoke? 

Because the particle sizes are the same

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Bob said:

Because the particle sizes are the same

smoke=breathing

instead of breathing=breathing?

jfc

• Like 1

Why are masks the hill some people have chosen to die on?  Is fighting mask mandates really equivalent to fighting tyranny?  These are the same idiots who cheered on the magatards that stormed the Capitol wanting to keep their dicktator in power.  MaSkS aRe TyRanNy herp derp. 

On 6/7/2021 at 8:07 AM, Bob said:

I follow the science

On 6/7/2021 at 8:19 AM, WYO1016 said:

I love Bob he’s great. 
“I follow the science”

Science based evidence is provided 

“not that science!  It’s fake science!  I only trust the memes and YouTube video science!” 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

Nobody in Boise wears them anywhere now. I’m vaccinated so I don’t give a shit really but I do hope we don’t see a spike.

You won't

• Like 1