Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this the NEW MWC board?

Where are the interesting and some times absurd realignment posts,
where are the UNLV vs UNR posts, the Boise vs everyone posts, the strange and often humorous PH posts, the Half and Half pomposity (I sincerely hope he is not ill or deceased) posts and the "Hair" is incompetent posts?

Even the few well thought out and researched posts that we occasionally saw on this site are missing.

Please tell me this is not the future of this board.

Note: I am blaming no one in particular and hope the converse will pick up at least by FB season but the current condition can not continue.

If some of you disagree with me please comment.

I forgot the many and often interesting Stunner and Warbow posts, I think I miss those the most.

Not a lot for us to get hyped about lately.

MWC had one team post season in baseball that went out immediately.

MWC was a two bid league in basketball and both teams eliminated in first round.

MWC struggles in football and is falling among other mid major conferences.  Plus, the fan support keeps dropping in the west for football.  

The gap between the P5 and everyone else is real.  

Several schools don't pull their weight as far as competing and facilities (UNLV, SJSU, UNM).

And there are a few recent MWC decisions that turned out to be damaging (not going all in for Gonzaga and playing football late during COVID).  

Silver lining:  There is reason to be hopeful with some coaching changes within the league in basketball:shrug:

San José State got good in football. So that eliminated about 10-15% of the content.

A bunch of members took their ball and went home with the change of ownership. So there are going to a lot fewer threads triggering the anti BYU ppl, or about 30%.

I don't post food reviews anymore, there's another 5% or so that's gone and no return in sight.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

Lobos fans still need about two more years of success by Danny and Rocky, before we can start chirpin again. ITMT, we'll just sit back and read. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

6 hours ago, 1066 said:

Anyone who brings up realignment will be called a sock.

Even though, Mark Blaudchun (@Blauds) at Sports Illustrated said this week that Boise State, SDSU, and Colorado State are going to the AAC.

What's the point in starting newsy topics on this board - only to watch the threads turn into name-calling the messenger?

3mxsBs3.jpg

7 hours ago, 1066 said:

where are the UNLV vs UNR posts, the Boise vs everyone posts, the strange and often humorous PH posts, the Half and Half pomposity (I sincerely hope he is not ill or deceased) posts and the "Hair" is incompetent posts?

Even the few well thought out and researched posts that we occasionally saw on this site are missing.

Note: I am blaming no one in particular and hope the converse will pick up at least by FB season but the current condition can not continue.

I forgot the many and often interesting Stunner and Warbow posts, I think I miss those the most.

You just need to take a cruise on over to the non-sports side of the board. It’s straight keyboard commando academy going on over there. More swoll and flexing going on than a larping convention. 

I’d also recommend a stop by the UNLV off-season thread and any of UNLV to the AAC/PAC 12 threads. 

7 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

San José State got good in football. So that eliminated about 10-15% of the content.

A bunch of members took their ball and went home with the change of ownership. So there are going to a lot fewer threads triggering the anti BYU ppl, or about 30%.

I don't post food reviews anymore, there's another 5% or so that's gone and no return in sight.

BSUTOP25 and who else? I want to see a list to justify your claim. Maybe Warbow?  Lots of people have stuff going on in the summer and it’s off and on with them. 

kat.jpg

7 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

#1. San Jose staying good is dubious.

#2. BYU honks are scared?

#3. Your food reviews sucked.

Dont be a pussy. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Not much happening now unless you like the NBA or MLB and I’m not a big fan of either. 

College baseball regionals are pretty fun to watch.  Super regionals next weekend.  Then Omaha. 

14 hours ago, 1066 said:

@ph90702 is alive & well on the General Discussion Board.

8 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Anyone who brings up realignment will be called a sock.

Even though, Mark Blaudchun (@Blauds) at Sports Illustrated said this week that Boise State, SDSU, and Colorado State are going to the AAC.

What's the point in starting newsy topics on this board - only to watch the threads turn into name-calling the messenger?

What's this Mark Blaudschum's connection to Sports Illustrated?

As for as I can tell, he's a bloger for Fan Nation I TMG Sports with 2,700 Twitter followers, that used to write for the Dallas Morning News & Boston Globe.

13 hours ago, son of a gun said:

I blame the sheep.

In Fresno, that's called blaming the victim. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

11 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Lobos fans still need about two more years of success by Danny and Rocky, before we can start chirpin again. ITMT, we'll just sit back and read. 

Nah they are going to get some schools this year. Trust me. Rocky has a hard on for Boise so I guarantee he’s going to throw some crazy stuff their way and their defense will be prepared. 

41 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

In Fresno, that's called blaming the victim. 

The folks with The Boot are victims?

37 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

The folks with The Boot are victims?

The only boots sheep wear in fresno are +++++ me boots. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.