Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

USMNT In The Nations League

27 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

So what are the requirements to "cap tie" a player?

FIFA drafted some new rules last year about the requirements for a player to switch between countries, and that has left some confusion about what is actually required to "cap tie" a player in the first place. The way I understand it, a player isn't tied to a country unless he plays for them in at least 1 "official" match, such as World Cup qualifiers, the just completed Nations League, etc. Friendly/exhibition games don't count.

7 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

FIFA drafted some new rules last year about the requirements for a player to switch between countries, and that has left some confusion about what is actually required to "cap tie" a player in the first place. The way I understand it, a player isn't tied to a country unless he plays for them in at least 1 "official" match, such as World Cup qualifiers, the just completed Nations League, etc. Friendly/exhibition games don't count.

The Nations League would have counted as a non friendly, but Musah didn't play. It's how we captied Dest

52 minutes ago, sebasour said:

The Nations League would have counted as a non friendly, but Musah didn't play. It's how we captied Dest

Yep. I saw some people (even the ESPN broadcast) saying that a player is cap tied if they play in 4+ friendlies, which I'm 99% sure isn't true

11 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Yep. I saw some people (even the ESPN broadcast) saying that a player is cap tied if they play in 4+ friendlies, which I'm 99% sure isn't true

Definitely not.  Gio Reyna - who also had options thru his grandfather - played in 6 friendlies before this past weekend.  And Musah himself has played in 6 friendlies for the US.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, dshawfan said:

Any chance we lose him? 

Doubt it. England isn't going to call him up in The September window, and we have 3 chances to cap tie him there

1 hour ago, dshawfan said:

Also, the atmosphere, is it always that out of control? Things flying out of the stands? Putting hands on the Official? Seemed bizarre to me.

Can be. Mexico fans are no strangers to filling the field with cups when they're not happy.  This my favorite example from it

13 hours ago, sebasour said:

Doubt it. England isn't going to call him up in The September window, and we have 3 chances to cap tie him there

Can be. Mexico fans are no strangers to filling the field with cups when they're not happy.  This my favorite example from it

Okay, watching England this morning versus Croatia......holy crap the English team is a who's who of the PL!