Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Rate Fauci On Being Dishonest and Corrupt

Fauci  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How Dishonest & Corrupt is Fauci?

8 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Why do democrats reflexively defend Fauci at this point?  Trump is gone.  And Faucis record on Covid is horrible, absolutely horrible.

Probably because the same people who are most aggressive in criticizing him are the same people who saw Trump’s performance last year and decided they wanted four more years of that. Fauci wasn’t perfect, but the criticism is pure partisanship, too. Not sure why anyone would feign surprise now that this would fall along partisan lines.

We all have our part to play in this little dance, I guess.

9 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Why do democrats reflexively defend Fauci at this point?  Trump is gone.  And Faucis record on Covid is horrible, absolutely horrible.

I disagree. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

12 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Who has a "good record" regarding Covid?  Everyone was doing the best they could with the information they had.  Mistakes were inevitable. 

We can Monday morning quarterback this thing to death and point fingers at everyone who had a say in how we handled it.  IMO, our response would have been similar no matter who was calling the shots.  

It really sucks that people can't drop the political teams shit during a phucking pandemic.  Just wearing or not wearing a mask became a dem vs GOP thing in some areas. 

We got a vaccine out pretty damn fast.  Some of our corporations stepped up and helped with getting masks and medical equipment to our hospitals.  Everyone who had a hand in the effort, including Trump, should be applauded.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

30 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Who has a "good record" regarding Covid?  Everyone was doing the best they could with the information they had.  Mistakes were inevitable. 

We can 'Monday morning quarterback this thing to death and point fingers at everyone who had a say in how we handled it.  IMO, our response would have been similar no matter who was calling the shots.  

It really sucks that people can't drop the political teams shit during a phucking pandemic.  Just wearing or not wearing a mask became a dem vs GOP thing in some areas. 

We got a vaccine out pretty damn fast.  Some of our corporations stepped up and helped with getting masks and medical equipment to our hospitals.  Everyone who had a hand in the effort, including Trump, should be applauded.

This to me is still amazing. 

8 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Me too. In the depths of the depression, fear and loathing of the late spring/early summer of 2020, I would routinely get into fights with my dad on the phone. Everything was breaking bad around me and he would call to argue about COVID since he'd watch TV over in the islands and then call me to argue about it; He kept telling me "they'll get a vaccine out. it'll work." and I kept telling him he was full of shit and that we were just doomed.

Well, he was right, much to my amazement. I'm very happy to be wrong in this situation.

Good story. I remember Fauci said somewhat early on that if all things go well we could have a vaccine by the end of year. I thought there was no chance. None. (And with all my infectious disease experience, who could doubt me?!) Now, six months in and life is largely going back to normal in the U.S. I'm in awe of it. 

12 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

We can Monday morning quarterback this thing to death and point fingers at everyone who had a say in how we handled it.  IMO, our response would have been similar no matter who was calling the shots.  

Ok, well everyone thought there was WMD too.  Is that seriously the argument?  That everyone else sucked too?

I could spend an hour typing up all his bad takes and contradictions.  Im not going to bother because Im not going to change anyones mind at this point.

I will say Fauci himself, is political as hell, he isnt some just the facts Dr.  Thats delusional.

You know the big Pharma scientists were working 24/7 to get the vaccine out. Huge kudos to them for likely saving millions of lives and returning to a semi normal life within a year in a process that normally takes 5-10 years. 

11 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Ok, well everyone thought there was WMD too.  Is that seriously the argument?  That everyone else sucked too?

I could spend an hour typing up all his bad takes and contradictions.  Im not going to bother because Im not going to change anyones mind at this point.

I will say Fauci himself, is political as hell, he isnt some just the facts Dr.  Thats delusional.

You're right. But it would be naive to think anyone who has lasted as long as he has in his current position atop a government agency could do so without knowing how to navigate politically. It would be doubly so naive to think he could hold that position while operating under the last administration, which sought to politicize and scapegoat literally everything. Especially the public health apparatus over the last year after it was clear that they themselves were inept.

None of these people are operating in a vacuum. The fact that you would draw the line at Fauci, describing him as a bad guy, while supporting Trump, even if you mildly critique him every now and again, takes a level of blind partisanship itself. I'm not lecturing. We're all guilty of it these days. Just making an observation. 

As for WMD, not sure how that is an apt comparison. That was based on faulty intelligence, and even after it was known that the intelligence was faulty the narrative continued. Fauci and much of the health apparatus might be guilty of indecisiveness and inconsistent messaging, but not peddling the same consistent garbage for years, IMO. 

On 6/3/2021 at 2:06 PM, smltwnrckr said:

I swear to Christ, this is the world we deserve. 

One side: Fauci is a hero!

One side: Fauci is a corrupt liar.

No sides (just a few people hollering in the wind): Why are public health officials in charge or real estate, dog walking or swing policies???

This is right. I didn't know it was right a year ago. But as this has gone on, this has been made clearer and clearer to me.

Of course, the answer to the question is that politicians can hide behind health officials, then scapegoat them when shit goes sideways.

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

You know the big Pharma scientists were working 24/7 to get the vaccine out. Huge kudos to them for likely saving millions of lives and returning to a semi normal life within a year in a process that normally takes 5-10 years. 

Yes, thank you Joe Biden for vaccinating the US. 

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Of course, the answer to the question is that politicians can hide behind health officials, then scapegoat them when shit goes sideways.

Again, if Trump wasn’t such a dumb fck at times - that’s how he would’ve handled Covid and been re-elected. 

Let the Dr.’s and scientist be the face and take the fall when they fck up and succeed.  They’re allowed to be wrong, politicians aren’t.  

6 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Again, if Trump wasn’t such a dumb fck at times - that’s how he would’ve handled Covid and been re-elected. 

Let the Dr.’s and scientist be the face and take the fall when they fck up and succeed.  They’re allowed to be wrong, politicians aren’t.  

I mean, he did scapegoat plenty. Just that few bought it. 

3 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

With Biden saying the travel ban was racist and xenophobic and he would not have done it,  Trump might have beat him on the Covid issue. 

IMO, Trump's comments and tweets is what did him in.  He made even his most ardent supporters cringe.  It's like the guy has a mild case of Turrets, complicated by a severe case of megalomania.

Barack Obama

10 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

With Biden saying the travel ban was racist and xenophobic and he would not have done it,  Trump might have beat him on the Covid issue. 

IMO, Trump's comments and tweets is what did him in.  He made even his most ardent supporters cringe.  It's like the guy has a mild case of Turrets, complicated by a severe case of megalomania.

Again, hand Covid off to Pence, Pence puts Fauci in charge and Trump stays in the background only getting FaceTime to puppet what the scientists say. 

Reelected, done deal. 

@retrofadeloses his shit for another 4 years.  

14 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Again, hand Covid off to Pence, Pence puts Fauci in charge and Trump stays in the background only getting FaceTime to puppet what the scientists say. 

Reelected, done deal. 

@retrofadeloses his shit for another 4 years.  

That, and stay the F off of twitter.

Barack Obama