Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Rate Fauci On Being Dishonest and Corrupt

Fauci  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How Dishonest & Corrupt is Fauci?

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

post the ones you find corrupt

You don’t have to read every single one. Just the ones that have important substance, and Fox has gone through them and done that. Or maybe you should just watch Fox and you’d learn something for a change. 

kat.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You don’t have to read every single one. Just the ones that have important substance, and Fox has gone through them and done that. Or maybe you should just watch Fox and you’d learn something for a change. 

okay. then post one or two of them. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

I swear to Christ, this is the world we deserve. 

One side: Fauci is a hero!

One side: Fauci is a corrupt liar.

No sides (just a few people hollering in the wind): Why are public health officials in charge or real estate, dog walking or swing policies???

I don't think Fauci is a hero.  I think he acted about how I would have expected somebody with his background to act, in his position.  Like I said up above, wish more voices were herd in the shaping of local policies.  Like to social science peoples everybody hates, and those economy peoples.  Mental health experts.  

Like I am sure there were people who could have modeled "this is how much isolation, depression, fear people can take before they flaunt restrictions.  Here is how it may vary per income.  Here per geographic region".  "With this knowledge hopefully you can time the needed government mandates to maximum impact".  Or something.

We sure graphed everything else.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I don't think Fauci is a hero.  I think he acted about how I would have expected somebody with his background to act, in his position.  Like I said up above, wish more voices were herd in the shaping of local policies.  Like to social science peoples everybody hates, and those economy peoples.  Mental health experts.  

Like I am sure there were people who could have modeled "this is how much isolation, depression, fear people can take before they flaunt restrictions.  Here is how it may vary per income.  Here per geographic region".  "With this knowledge hopefully you can time the needed government mandates to maximum impact".  Or something.

We sure graphed everything else.

Lol hearing from the social sciences is how we got “oh it’s for social justice, then +++++ dem anti-viral measures.” 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Lol hearing from the social sciences is how we got “oh it’s for social justice, then +++++ dem anti-viral measures.” 

Psychology, sociology.  I bet they would have at least told us to go out and get some sun with your hiking buddies and don't be afraid of sex with your girlfriend.  No reason to do reverse cowgirl with your masks on, etc..

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

...  No reason to do reverse cowgirl with your masks on, etc..

That depends entirely on the attractiveness, or lack thereof, of the girl.  Also on your level of inebriation.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Psychology, sociology.  I bet they would have at least told us to go out and get some sun with your hiking buddies and don't be afraid of sex with your girlfriend.  No reason to do reverse cowgirl with your masks on, etc..

you seem like the last fella on here to kink shame

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

29 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Activists on twitter and teachers unions don't make up all the social sciences. In fact, I bet a lot of the loudest of those voices dont even have an advanced degree in a social science or humanities field. 

There should have been people in the room with backgrounds outside of epidemiology talking about the social, psychological, personal, political and moral costs of using policy to fully implement CDC guidelines in a way that intrudes on every facet of a person's life and outlaws otherwise normal human behavior and activities. Someone should have been there to point out that 1) COVID will almost immediately become politicized along partisan lines and 2) people should be given some leeway to assess risk on their own. The first one completely bamboozled the medical scientists. The second one would have forced them to weigh the costs of their dictates. The people most qualified to speak to these things are in the social sciences and humanities. Economics, psychology, political science, history, anthropology, etc. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, it's easy to QB in hindsight.  So I can't really judge him tooooo much for looking at the pandemic and advising as you would expect him too in his role.  I wish experts in other important fields had been given larger voices in policy decisions around the country.  But again, easy to arm chair QB.  Fauci did an overall good job.  Nobody is perfect.  The mask thing sent a poor message but was still pretty meh.  Outside by the two people he came with.  Whatever.

Book deal thing is just tone deaf, man.

Yep.  A lot of hindsight going on.  A totally new virus and the science and docs error on the side of caution and that becomes lying and screwing up.  As we learned more that changed the advice and protocols and that became flip flopping to the far right.

I do agree messaging was confusing at times.

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

Activists on twitter and teachers unions don't make up all the social sciences. In fact, I bet a lot of the loudest of those voices even had an advanced degree in a social science or humanities field. 

There should have been people in the room with backgrounds outside of epidemiology talking about the social, psychological, personal, political and moral costs of using policy to fully implement CDC guidelines in a way that intrudes on every facet of a person's life and outlaws otherwise normal human behavior and activities. Someone should have been there to point out that 1) COVID will almost immediately become politicized along partisan lines and 2) people should be given some leeway to assess risk on their own. The first one completely bamboozled the medical scientists. The second one would have forced them to weigh the costs of their dictates. The people most qualified to speak to these things are in the social sciences and humanities. Economics, psychology, political science, history, anthropology, etc. 

Fauci isn't a bad guy.  He was/is doing the best he can with the information available to him.  You can't blame an epidemiologist for approaching the  problem from an epidemiologists point of view. But when you go from saying "Masks won't help," to, "We should wear two masks," you're going to lose some credibility.   

No one really knew what to do, regardless of their position.   Trump probably handled it as well as any other president would have. 

Hopefully, the lessons learned will serve us well when the next pandemic hits. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

Fauci isn't a bad guy.  He was/is doing the best he can with the information available to him.  You can't blame an epidemiologist for approaching the  problem from an epidemiologists point of view. But when you go from saying "Masks won't help," to, "We should wear two masks," you're going to lose some credibility.   

No one really knew what to do, regardless of their position.   Trump probably handled it as well as any other president would have. 

Hopefully, the lessons learned will serve us well when the next pandemic hits. 

I feel like we pretty much just had to re learn the same lessons as 1918. I'm pretty okay with that though if that means they're spaced 100 years apart tho 

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The guy liked the photo ops more than Trump and that’s saying something. He also lied about wearing a mask and was caught at a ball game yucking it up with two friends without a mask on. Personally I never paid much attention to him because he talked out of both sides of his mouth. He was a charlatan that loved the limelight very similar to Trump. He gave science a bad name. 

For a renowned epidemiologist his worldly advice of wearing a mask and social distancing was right up there with brushing your teeth everyday or you’ll get tooth decay. 

Well except he was social distancing and he was with his family.

15 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Well except he was social distancing and he was with his family.

shhh get your facts out of here

Fauci is not a bad guy, he’s not corrupt, he did the best he could. He should have been fired six months ago. He got outside of his lane too many times. You wouldn’t accept your doctor misleading you with good intentions and we shouldn’t have either.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

I feel like we pretty much just had to re learn the same lessons as 1918. I'm pretty okay with that though if that means they're spaced 100 years apart tho 

I wish.  We literally have to relitigate everything because twitter and youtube have made everybody think they know everything about everything and that they know more than scholars and scientists.  

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

Activists on twitter and teachers unions don't make up all the social sciences. In fact, I bet a lot of the loudest of those voices dont even have an advanced degree in a social science or humanities field. 

The credentialed avengers are no more immune to 1 than public health experts. Being bureaucrats, it’s hard to see that they would have been substantially better at 2 than what we got. Even if we did get some truly exceptional minds, because not just any sociologist or economist will do, the boss was a +++++ing joke. There is no getting around that when 1 is of utmost importance to him.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Fauci is not a bad guy, he’s not corrupt, he did the best he could. He should have been fired six months ago. He got outside of his lane too many times. You wouldn’t accept your doctor misleading you with good intentions and we shouldn’t have either.

That’s kind of what my take has been on him until the last few days with these emails coming out. I lost some respect for him when he came out and told people not to wear masks early on, and later admitted that he lied because he wanted first responders to get them first. How can you trust a guy that’s willing to lie too manipulate the masses, even if he thinks it’s for the good. Bad idea. 

But now that these emails are out, you can see the real Fauci. He’s done nothing but try to cover up the fact that he at NIH funded the Wuhan lab with GOF money in which they created Covid and a supercharged version of SARS. We’re talking US taxpayer money to pay China to create mega deadly pathogens, some of which have killed us and could in the future. Luckily the mega SARS didn’t get out or we’d be talking 20 to 30 million Americans dead. Fauci also says in his emails that he gives the money to the Chinese and trusts them with what they use it for. Very naive. 

Intelligence reports have stated that the Chinese government has tasked China’s best researchers to come up with a civilization ending pathogen that discriminates by race, basically making Chinese immune to it. I doubt technology to do so is advanced enough, but you’d be talking about an equivalent to WWIII for the US. Scary shit. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

I wish.  We literally have to relitigate everything because twitter and youtube have made everybody think they know everything about everything and that they know more than scholars and scientists.  

The problem is the scholars and the scientists, just like the media, are mostly political activists these days. You can’t trust what they say. Politics is deep into what used to be hard news with no bias. Everything is biased today. 

kat.jpg