Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecSU

Stanford FedSoc no likey free speech?

39 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/federalist-society-stanford.html

College campuses are totalling a haven for liberal values, amirite?

Its satire.

Plus, it doesn't cross any boundaries nor is it demeaning.

Poor College GQPers got their feelings hurt.

JFC

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Those left coast elites... I'm sure the media is to blame somehow for this.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

That flyer is a great example of trolling at it’s finest. You just have to sit back, have a beer and admire it.

33 minutes ago, sean327 said:

That flyer is a great example of trolling at it’s finest. You just have to sit back, have a beer and admire it.

Dude can be my lawyer any time. I might start a life of crime just so I can hire him.

When did Stanford become a bastion Conservative Wolves ?

I've been reading about Emily Wilder and how the Stanford College Republicans got her fired and basically cancelled because of her pro Palestinian views and tweets at Stanford.

the timing of Wilder’s firing was suspect to many, saying, it “happened after what critics call ‘bad faith trolling campaign’ to take down one of your staffers because she didn’t have the right point of view in college.” On May 17, the Stanford College Republicans homed in on Wilder’s Twitter account, criticizing the AP’s latest hire for tweets dating from her college days that the group said proved her to be an “anti-Israel agitator … who referred to the late Sheldon Adelson as a ‘naked mole rat.’”

https://www.thewrap.com/ap-defends-emily-wilder-ouster-posts-clear-bias-toward-one-side/

This devolved into a social media campaign that ultimately brought Ron Johnson and Faux News into the fray.

The Party that complains about Cancel Culture the most and loudest, cancels a young interns journalistic career.

smh

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, sean327 said:

Amazing, really.  Bravo kid, bravo.  You succesfully pissed of EVERYBODY for your own amusement.  Get this young man on mwcboard yesterday.

12 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

When did Stanford become a bastion Conservative Wolves ?

I've been reading about Emily Wilder and how the Stanford College Republicans got her fired and basically cancelled because of her pro Palestinian views and tweets at Stanford.

https://www.thewrap.com/ap-defends-emily-wilder-ouster-posts-clear-bias-toward-one-side/

This devolved into a social media campaign that ultimately brought Ron Johnson and Faux News into the fray.

The Party that complains about Cancel Culture the most and loudest, cancels a young interns journalistic career.

smh

I mean, the Hoover Institute is there. That's a pretty conservative place in academia. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

17 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The troll had to be a member of the Stanford band. 

Waving the dollar bills while mockingly performing the Trojan fight song at the USC game post Reggie Bush fiasco was pretty all time. gotta tip my hat to the horse manure farmers on that one

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif