Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

God Bless Joe Manchin

57 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

GOP is set up to win bigly in 2022, plenty of time for them to screw  that up though. If they lose it won’t be because they blocked Biden’s legislation that is for sure, that is what they are voted on to do. 

They are moving from MAGA to GACA

"Give America Covid Again" 2022:USFlag:

Posted Image

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

GOP is set up to win bigly in 2022, plenty of time for them to screw  that up though. If they lose it won’t be because they blocked Biden’s legislation that is for sure, that is what they are voted on to do. 

Only way I can see the Democrats winning is if Biden's approval is absurdly high

I keep waiting for the  Dems to grow some balls, and get down and dirty with the repubs... but they won't. They'll  continue to get kicked in the balls, and wonder why they can't get their agenda moving forward. It's hard when you have the trump party refusing to work with them,  but when you have people inside your own party that won't work with them, it's near impossible.

Biden should pull a trump on Manchin, and threaten to cut federal funding from his state until he gets in line. Dems need to walk in lock step, just like the repubs do.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I keep waiting for the  Dems to grow some balls, and get down and dirty with the repubs... but they won't. They'll  continue to get kicked in the balls, and wonder why they can't get their agenda moving forward. It's hard when you have the trump party refusing to work with them,  but when you have people inside your own party that won't work with them, it's near impossible.

Biden should pull a trump on Manchin, and threaten to cut federal funding from his state until he gets in line. Dems need to walk in lock step, just like the repubs do.

I think this so funny , and I empathize with you. The GOP went through the same Bullshit with  George and Jeb Bush , and Romney , and MCCain, and Boehner, and Paul Ryan, and Liz Cheney and so on. We had to decide are we just going to be satisfied with always losing graciously , or are we going to realize politics is a dirty game with a lot at stake and it’s time to fight. 

Schumer is so afraid of getting primaried he asks “what do you want Joe” last instead of first. The Democrats best hope is being in lockstep behind Manchin, not the other way around.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

23 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

All you have to do is basically run the same playbook as Trump, except less obnoxiously.  Let the public know every day that Republicans are your enemy and are obstructing.  You do this by making Republicans look like a bunch of pirates who are holding the country hostage and by making it painful for them to turn down gobs of money targeted at their district because they are more interested in carrying water for Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell than by helping real people. 

I cannot believe that Democrats are so stupid they cannot figure out how to take "populism" back from a bunch of trickle downers who just want to give tax cuts to the wealthy and corporations.  They have no actual agenda other than wanting to return an incompetent nitwit who let our country get overrun with covid and crashed our economy as the permanent "dear leader."  2022 should really be like shooting fish in a barrel if Democrats weren't so stupid. 

I mean, what are conjobs going to run on anyway?  Taking away the child tax payments and not making them permanent so they can give more tax cuts to the rich?  I just don't see how everyone is writing off 2022 for Democrats when the conjobs are a basket case. 

Posted Image

6 minutes ago, Akkula said:

All you have to do is basically run the same playbook as Trump, except less obnoxiously.  Let the public know every day that Republicans are your enemy and are obstructing.  You do this by making Republicans look like a bunch of pirates who are holding the country hostage and by making it painful for them to turn down gobs of money targeted at their district because they are more interested in carrying water for Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell than by helping real people. 

I cannot believe that Democrats are so stupid they cannot figure out how to take "populism" back from a bunch of trickle downers who just want to give tax cuts to the wealthy and corporations.  They have no actual agenda other than wanting to return an incompetent nitwit who let our country get overrun with covid and crashed our economy as the permanent "dear leader."  2022 should really be like shooting fish in a barrel if Democrats weren't so stupid. 

I mean, what are conjobs going to run on anyway?  Taking away the child tax payments and not making them permanent so they can give more tax cuts to the rich?  I just don't see how everyone is writing off 2022 for Democrats when the conjobs are a basket case. 

The Key to the GOP winning in 2022 is to keep AOC’s yap yapping. Keep the bi#*h talking. Make her the face of the Democrat party. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

The Key to the GOP winning in 2022 is to keep AOC’s yap yapping. Keep the bi#*h talking. Make her the face of the Democrat party. 

The key to the GOP winning is not self-destructing. Gaining House seats in a midterm election is usually a slam dunk.

5 minutes ago, Maji said:

The key to the GOP winning is not self-destructing. Gaining House seats in a midterm election is usually a slam dunk.

I’d probably vote for AOC if she made an only fans subscription.  @BSUTOP25 where  are you to back me up on this ! 

The senators up for re-election don't look good for for the cons.  I don't think the low information racists show up without Trump on the ballot.  I also think the voter suppression laws are going to backfire and drive up a bunch of black votes in the south and place like Arizona, Georgia, and Florida.

Arizona R+3 Mark Kelly 51.2% D
(2020 special)[d]
Lean D Battleground Lean D
Florida R+3 Marco Rubio 52.0% R Likely R Battleground Likely R
Georgia R+3 Raphael Warnock 51.0% D
(2020 special)[f]
Nevada EVEN Catherine Cortez Masto 47.1% D Likely D Battleground Lean D
New Hampshire EVEN Maggie Hassan 48.0% D Likely D Battleground Lean D
North Carolina R+3 Richard Burr
(retiring)
51.1% R Tossup Battleground Lean R
Pennsylvania R+2 Pat Toomey
(retiring)
48.8% R Tossup Battleground Tossup
Wisconsin R+2 Ron Johnson 50.2% R Lean R Battleground Lean R
Posted Image

11 minutes ago, Akkula said:

The senators up for re-election don't look good for for the cons.  I don't think the low information racists show up without Trump on the ballot.  I also think the voter suppression laws are going to backfire and drive up a bunch of black votes in the south and place like Arizona, Georgia, and Florida.

(2020 special)[d]
(2020 special)[f]
(retiring)
(retiring)

Lmfao if voter suppression laws do the opposite, what kind of laws are they anyway?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Schumer is so afraid of getting primaried he asks “what do you want Joe” last instead of first. The Democrats best hope is being in lockstep behind Manchin, not the other way around.

By the way, this artists full version of Hamilton is what I watched

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

By the way, this artists full version of Hamilton is what I watched

I just love the clip. Good job on the artist. Still, the performances are irreplaceable. Daveed Diggs’ Jefferson is everything.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I just love the clip. Good job on the artist. Still, the performances are irreplaceable. Daveed Diggs’ Jefferson is everything.

It does seem to come in handy, the clip, when dems scream at the unfairness of not being able to steamroll legislation with 50+1.  

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It does seem to come in handy, the clip, when dems scream at the unfairness of not being able to steamroll legislation with 50+1.  

It’s just timelessly true. It would play as well when McCain thumbs downed the Obamacare repeal or any other closely downed bill. The play isn’t big on political philosophy but it nails this part.

You need the votes.”

“No, we need bold strokes, we need this plan.”

No, you need to convince more folks.”

“Mitch McConnell won’t talk to me, that’s a nonstarter”

Ah, winning was easy, old man, governing’s harder”

“They’re being intransigent”

You have to find a compromise.”

“But they don’t have a plan, they just hate mine.”

Convince them otherwise.”

“And what happens if I don’t get congressional approval?”

I imagine they’ll call for your removal.”

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

(2020 special)[d]
(2020 special)[f]
(retiring)
(retiring)

I disagree. Arizona voted for Biden and Kelly, but the state skews more GOP than the nation. Same goes for Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Georgia, North Carolina, and even Nevada. Put simply, if the Democrats narrowly won Wisconsin in an environment where Biden easily won the popular vote, how will the Democrats fare in a midterm? If the national environment is GOP +5%, Pennsylvania would be expected to be even better for the GOP because of the state's skew.

Incumbency does help some. Biden’s also relatively popular atm. Still, not holding my breath. The data points to the GOP retaking the House. Redistricting (and gerrymandering, ofc) will help the GOP too. The Senate is up in the air, but I'd put it as Lean GOP.