Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Tate Martell to UNR?

6 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

How much eligibility does he have left?  Just one more season?

2-more-yrs

Two is good.  I don’t know why the guy doesn’t just commit to UNLV. His college career to date has been a bust, so just go home and try and get your mojo back.

Now if I’m UNLV, I wouldn’t want to be his fallback plan. The fact he hasn’t committed yet is not good. Either you are with us or your not would be my stance if I’m Arroyo. You want him to want to be there.  

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

14 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Wasn't that long ago. Was done at Gorman in 2016, redshirted at Ohio St in 2017. Got beat out by Dwayne Haskins in 18' then got bumped for Justin Fields in 19' Everyone thought Martell could be a decent college QB, but Ohio St just over-recruited him with back-to-back NFL 1st Round picks. (People forget Joe Burrow transferred out of Ohio St with that QB situation alongside Martell) Then he got a 'hardship' waiver transfer to Miami then opted out for the 2020 season and here we are. He's got 2 years of eligibility left. 

He went 45-0 as a starter at Gorman including 3  back-to-back-to-back National Championships. Between that and a camera crew following him around for Netflix QB1 AND he was a snotty rich Summerlin kid.  He's only the biggest prima donna highschool QB EVER.

Pure entertainment! UNLV should pick him up just to sell a few extra tickets. Arroyo doesn't want him though--Martell clearly wants to go to a school where he gets handed the starting job on a silver platter no questions asked. UNLV would probably lose Brumfield or 4-star Maiava if they picked him up. Not worth! Those guys are the future. 

You think Norvell or your coach would offer him a starting job? Hell no. We don’t need him, for starters (no pun intended). He’d easily be a #3. 

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You think Norvell or your coach would offer him a starting job? Hell no. We don’t need him, for starters (no pun intended). He’d easily be a #3. 

Definitely not a starter this year, but with a chance of Strong going pro after this season he could be in the run next year. 

1 hour ago, bigd said:

Definitely not a starter this year, but with a chance of Strong going pro after this season he could be in the run next year. 

Nevada is going to be in a rebuild next year with so many starters leaving, I’d rather turn the reins over to Millen and let him learn in a year without high expectations and become the next multi year starter.

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

He was a former five star recruit.  Any MW school who says they don’t need him is idiotic.  He would start at any MW school.

Former being the key word there (not to mention he was a four star in the composite rankings, not a five star). Besides not showing maturity and not doing much of anything on the field (he was the 3rd string at Miami before failing at his attempt to transition to WR), he wouldn't start at Nevada (Carson Strong is a much better QB and comes without the immaturity problems) and I doubt he would beat out Drew Solari or Clay Millen. I doubt he would start for SJSU, BSU, SDSU, or FSU either. Nevada had Cromwell (4 stars) come in a do nothing, so stars guarantee nothing on the field. 

On 6/1/2021 at 9:39 PM, Someone said:

if he does then circle Nov 6th on the calendar when Nevada host San Jose State and the "He's ass my dude" Trophy will be in the line

They just squashed their beef at the Steve Clarkson QB Retreat:

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

He's +++++ing terrible. So he'd be a perfect fit at UNLOLV.

What are you talking about?  The guy had 5 stars.  What more do you need to know? 

You obviously don't know anything about recruiting. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 6/3/2021 at 8:12 AM, ph90702 said:

He was a former five star recruit.  Any MW school who says they don’t need him is idiotic.  He would start at any MW school.

He might have natural elite skills or potential, but if your head is fvcked up, they don’t have much value. 

kat.jpg

On 6/3/2021 at 8:21 AM, bigd said:

I’d laugh if scolari beat out Tyler in Summer ball. Probably only a 20% chance, but not impossible. I can’t wait to beat CAL for the 3rd time in recent years with 2 NFL WR’s and an NFL QB, and go to Kansas St. and do the same. We gotta beat KSU because my a-hole ex-boss is a monster fan and he’ll be at the game, as will I. Dream scenario:  We beat them and he’s all pissed walking to his car, and then ‘ding’ in comes a text from convert rubbing it in. 😂👌 

kat.jpg

On 6/5/2021 at 2:20 AM, Nevada Convert said:

I’d laugh if scolari beat out Tyler in Summer ball. Probably only a 20% chance, but not impossible. I can’t wait to beat CAL for the 3rd time in recent years with 2 NFL WR’s and an NFL QB, and go to Kansas St. and do the same. We gotta beat KSU because my a-hole ex-boss is a monster fan and he’ll be at the game, as will I. Dream scenario:  We beat them and he’s all pissed walking to his car, and then ‘ding’ in comes a text from convert rubbing it in. 😂👌 

Yeah I'm with you, I'm more excited about this years schedule than I have been in awhile. 

Love games against Cal, and have so much family in Kansas who attended K-State I'm hoping to make the trip. 

The team is setup to be so good this year as well, hopefully we're able to live up to our expectations. 

Tate Martell. (More after the video jump.)

I remember him coming up during Boise State's recruitment of him. Our fanbase was super excited about the possibility of a 5* QB recruit. (Because, duh, which fanbase wouldn't be?) A former BSU player weighed in on that way back at that time. (I think it's been long enough that I'm not implicating anyone and can therefore share.)

Basically he said that he thought the prospect was a DEFINITE bust because he'd been moved from school to school in high school and ended up being good because he was surrounded by all the talent in the proverbial high school football universe.

I then remember that player coming back up on the Colorado All Buffs message board, where I was tempted to share that bit of knowledge but did not at the time...both because they were REALLY excited about the possibility and therefore I figured that my pissing all over things would go over about as well as Ted Cruz being introduced as a keynote speaker at the DNC...and also not enough time had passed from when I'd learned the information.

Nevada HS football is literally Gorman and nobody else.  Do they ever have any competition?

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

18 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Nevada HS football is literally Gorman and nobody else.  Do they ever have any competition?

They typically play the hardest out-of-state schedule in the country. When they won their last 'national' championship in 16/17, they beat Cedar Hill by 30 which was the #1 team in Texas, Cocoa from Florida, St. John Bosco which is another catholic school powerhouse in California, Kahuku which was like #15 in the country from Hawaii, then St. Thomas Aquinas which is the #1 football program in Florida...they had like 34 guys with D1 offers to Gorman's 10 that year. 

They won 3-straight National Championships based on who they play on a national level, not their Las Vegas highschool schedule. lol

Then after that murder's row, they played their 10 game in-state schedule of the other high schools which they beat with a combined score of 604 to 55. The closest game was against Arbor View which was 56-17. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif