Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecjeff

Aztec Stadium starting to take shape

On 6/19/2021 at 5:16 PM, SDSUfan said:

Thought you guys might want to see the steel going up.  Snapped this today.

image.jpeg.4064b40f2f908cacc36d774f08795c90.jpeg

Super cool.  I am jealous. I still don’t know how you all got it done. Once the stadium is done I will need to watch my Spartans beat you all in it. 

Your whole stadium will be completed before SJSU gets our East side stands done.  Well done. 

This is 26,604 fans?  #FresnopullingaMiami

Fresno.jpg

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Thanks, Rob.

I'm really, really glad we're getting this thing done now. California is becoming so "progressive" it's very much within the realm of possibility that a time will come when the state legislature seriously considers a law forbidding public universities and colleges from building football stadiums.*

The way things have been going in Sacramento, that time could come as early as the 2030s.

* "Stadiums are a waste of taxpayer money because the sport causes too many injuries to participants, because on-the-field violence causes violence elsewhere, because football cheerleading is misogynistic, etc.; so either transition to coed flag football or drop the sport!"

Yeah I think as more women get into those power positions (Governor) and control the legislature you will likely see them come after Football in California in the next 20+ years.  With virtual reality and improvement in safety we may be able to create some sort of hybrid Football that fulfills our needs without people getting brain damage or life long physical injuries that prevent them from walking or living past 50.

An advanced society probably doesn't include the barbaric sports of Football or boxing or UFC etc.  

Enjoy them while you can.  The south will fight to the end to keep football so we will always have it in some form even if we can barely stomach watching them play it.

The future will change a lot things.  Soon we will have self driving vehicles and parking lots won't be needed or exist.  Garages and driveways at your house will no longer be needed.  Traffic won't exist, traffic lights likely gone, no more DUI's or speeding tickets or silly deaths from pile ups.  Cop Car chases in LA gone.

Football likely is part of the changing culture.  It will always exist virtually or through YouTube, maybe I can start a Football league in some 3rd world country and call all the teams UNLV, SDSU, BYU, UNR, UCLA etc. and have them play each other without breaking United States laws?   We can watch in our self driving cars while we get driven to Starbucks to meet our new cool friends.  Can't wait.

Photo update. Much more steel up today.   Light towers are going up. Scoreboard supports and even the east side stands are starting to take shape.   One noticeable departure  from the renderings is the light tower in the south end zone.

image.png.4d7f8831c09917a9b6c40e2998bc6137.png

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

11 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Photo update. Much more steel up today.   Light towers are going up. Scoreboard supports and even the east side stands are starting to take shape.   One noticeable departure  from the renderings is the light tower in the south end zone.

image.png.4d7f8831c09917a9b6c40e2998bc6137.png

They are missing in the drawings, but they had the light on the model.  Perhaps they did a lighting survey and found they needed them?

SDSUExperience.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

They are missing in the drawings, but they had the light on the model.  Perhaps they did a lighting survey and found they needed them?

SDSUExperience.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

This looks more like what I'm seeing. East side stands too, where the "plaza" level steel is  going up and the structure in the south end zone.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

10 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It still amazes me that this is happening in SD, this quick (for SD/CA), and for SDSU.  

It’s a miracle. Pro teams can’t even get anything built in CA these days without working on it for 25 years. I’m not going to pretend I’m not jealous. Good for you Aztec fans. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!