Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecjeff

Aztec Stadium starting to take shape

4 minutes ago, albert mac meda said:

They did recycle the concrete from the "old" stadium to be used in the "new" stadium. At least that's my understanding.

The "old" stadium was beyond simple upkeep, having been neglected by the city for years. Part of the sale of the land, the stadium was to be SDSU's sole responsibility for maintenance and upkeep. It was determined that the costs just to have it ready for football last season would have been beyond prohibitive so the decision was made to move the remaining home games to the facility in Carson until "Aztec Stadium" was available. The plan was always to raze SDCCU, the move to Carson simply accelerated that effort and allowed the concrete to be utilized.

A lot of the old concrete is on the southwest end of the Q site and right next to it is concrete for the new stadium. I can't tell if they are recycling it, but it sure looks like it. 

14 minutes ago, albert mac meda said:

They did recycle the concrete from the "old" stadium to be used in the "new" stadium. At least that's my understanding.

The "old" stadium was beyond simple upkeep, having been neglected by the city for years. Part of the sale of the land, the stadium was to be SDSU's sole responsibility for maintenance and upkeep. It was determined that the costs just to have it ready for football last season would have been beyond prohibitive so the decision was made to move the remaining home games to the facility in Carson until "Aztec Stadium" was available. The plan was always to raze SDCCU, the move to Carson simply accelerated that effort and allowed the concrete to be utilized.

I was talking about Hughes Stadium in Fort Collins, but thanks for the info.  Interesting that they are using the old concrete from the Murph in the new stadium. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

4 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

I was talking about Hughes Stadium in Fort Collins, but thanks for the info.  Interesting that they are using the old concrete from the Murph. 

Sorry, thought this thread was about SDSU's stadium.

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

53 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

It's a 7 minute trolley ride to the other half of campus or about a 3 mile walk...but the area in between is filled with cheap condos mostly so I have a feeling the gap will start feeling like an unofficial campus as students start to take over the area in the future. New campus is top left, original is bottom right. 

image.png.8e3a8bbbf40a7ef6e6b0688788605912.png

I’ve taken the trolley from downtown San Diego to an SDSU game before.  Are they using the same existing trolly line or building a separate line between the two campuses? (I guess I just don’t know if the existing trolly line goes to SDSU) 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 6/2/2021 at 12:21 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

It will be "on campus" since SDSU will own the entire 166 acres that Qualcomm Stadium once encompassed and most of the area will be an adjunct to the existing campus.

You are wrong. Again, again 

32 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

I’ve taken the trolley from downtown San Diego to an SDSU game before.  Are they using the same existing trolly line or building a separate line between the two campuses? (I guess I just don’t know if the existing trolly line goes to SDSU) 

I believe it's technically on the "green line" but during events the trolley usually runs back and forth between the campus and the stadium site more frequently than normal. I don't know if they plan on a completely new line or if there will just be more frequent Trolley stops between the two once the campus is built. 

I took the trolley from El Cajon to SUDS, but we had to get off at Qualcomm for whatever reason. While I was waiting for the next train,  I had a really fun conversation with this off the hook anti Trump dude. I ended up giving him $50 (looked like he could use it) and told him he shd check out the MWCBOARD.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

5 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

I took the trolley from El Cajon to SUDS, but we had to get off at Qualcomm for whatever reason. While I was waiting for the next train,  I had a really fun conversation with this off the hook anti Trump dude. I ended up giving him $50 (looked like he could use it) and told him he shd check out the MWCBOARD.

You actually have to go under SDSU and past the SDSU station to get from El Cajon to Qualcomm. Cool story though, especially the part about the broke Trump dude. Adds authenticity.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

You actually have to go under SDSU and past the SDSU station to get from El Cajon to Qualcomm. Cool story though, especially the part about the broke Trump dude. Adds authenticity.

Thanks for fact checking me. Musta been on my way from the hotel to El Cajon then

I took this pic waiting for the train that morning #GooglePhotosFTW

IMAG2570.jpg.7becc3f2a6c0f3d93746aab52a663395.jpg

1 hour ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Thanks for fact checking me. Musta been on my way from the hotel to El Cajon then

I took this pic waiting for the train that morning #GooglePhotosFTW

IMAG2570.jpg.7becc3f2a6c0f3d93746aab52a663395.jpg

The green line runs through Qualcomm and SDSU.  There is no other service. The stop above could be anywhere, probably on the orange line which ends up somewhere in El Cajon.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

It would be so cool just to be able to hang out with all the coolest ppl in the world's coolest place (San Diego, of course). I totally see why SUDS  dudes are fact checking every detail I post. I'm just a total kook who can't even pronounce Otay right. #70degrees

Did my fact checkers get everything they need? Cuz I'm ready to move with respect to the SJS-SUDS series that was played that weekend.

Last game of the series, late innings, a run on contact situation for SUDS: Who was the player who got called out on the foul ball that spun back into fair territory and hit her foot right before she slid into 3rd? One of the weirdest diamond sports plays I've ever seen. It would be good to know the name of that player.

13 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

It would be so cool just to be able to hang out with all the coolest ppl in the world's coolest place (San Diego, of course). I totally see why SUDS  dudes are fact checking every detail I post. I'm just a total kook who can't even pronounce Otay right. #70degrees

Did my fact checkers get everything they need? Cuz I'm ready to move with respect to the SJS-SUDS series that was played that weekend.

Last game of the series, late innings, a run on contact situation for SUDS: Who was the player who got called out on the foul ball that spun back into fair territory and hit her foot right before she slid into 3rd? One of the weirdest diamond sports plays I've ever seen. It would be good to know the name of that player.

You have my respect for following softball and baseball though...I played myself and even I can't bring myself to do more than check the scores.