Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Netanyahu out?

It looks like he's toast. 

Yesh Atid's leader Yair Lapid announced Wednesday night that he has managed to form a coalition after a series of back-to-back meetings with the leaders of the anti-Netanyahu camp in the Knesset.

Lapid has formally informed President Reuven Rivlin of his success, saying that "The government will do everything it can in order to unite and unify all sections of Israeli society."

"I am honored to inform you that I have managed to form a government. The government will be a rotation government, in accordance with clause 13a in the Basic Law on the Government. I will lead it with MK Naftali Bennett who will be the first to serve as prime minister," Lapid said.

"I give you my word that this government will work in the service of all of Israel's citizens, those that voted for it and those that did not. It will respect its opponents, and will do everything it can to unify and unite all parts of Israeli society," Lapid told President Rivlin.

Lapid's coalition is composed of Yesh Atid, Yamina, Kahol Lavan, New Hope, Labor, Yisrael Beiteinu, Meretz and United Arab List.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/elections/LIVE-lapid-aims-to-announce-new-government-with-bennett-at-the-helm-1.9866751

On 5/30/2021 at 8:02 PM, Maji said:

Replaced by someone far-right

Not exactly. The coalition bringing Bibi down spans the entire political spectrum. Even includes the coalition of Arab parties. They have a unified objective of getting rid of him. They intend to alternate between a right wing and centrist PM. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Do these parties mainly represent geographic areas?  It's like a Cheesecake Factory menu - way too many  choices.

image.png.25cdb96e9d45378d4fdd16ce77fc33ea.png

No not geographic. They just divide up the delegates based on the percentages received by the parties in the general election. 

32 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Glad to see that +++++er finally gone. Dude had staying power like a cockroach.

Agreed. The new (seemingly) boss may have a coalition of different thinking parties..  but he is still hard line. Wonder if the deals he's made with less than hard liners will hold up once he's in power. 

3 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Not exactly. The coalition bringing Bibi down spans the entire political spectrum. Even includes the coalition of Arab parties. They have a unified objective of getting rid of him. They intend to alternate between a right wing and centrist PM. 

Last I saw, the far-right leader will be PM for multiple straight years.

2 hours ago, Maji said:

Last I saw, the far-right leader will be PM for multiple straight years.

Two years then a switch is what I read. 

On 6/2/2021 at 11:52 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Two years then a switch is what I read. 

That was the agreement that Bibi came to with another party a few years ago. Then he went back on it and demanded another election to try and keep power. 

7 hours ago, retrofade said:

That was the agreement that Bibi came to with another party a few years ago. Then he went back on it and demanded another election to try and keep power. 

This one has the same time frame but no Bibi.

On 5/30/2021 at 6:50 PM, azgreg said:

Bennett won't be any better for the Palestinians, in fact it more than likely will be worse.

No it won’t. 2/3 of his coalition is from the left. They gave him the he PM job to get him on board. It switches after 2 years

The Masters 5k road race All American.