Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AxlRoseRulz

Ugly Jazz fans at it again

7 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Yeah, it said that AFTER the edit.  The original post said that Utah was too white and Mormon to have an NBA team, and that the "racist mormons" were at it again.  It was more than fair to call him out.

I never changed anything a mod went in and modified it. Only mods can change the thread name mine said racist Utah Mormons at it again.

I remember a few years ago where some of SJSU's African-American female gymnasts received racial taunts during a meet in Utah.  It was either at Southern Utah University or possibly Utah State but I'm not sure which school it was.  The SJSU coach said at the time that this wasn't their first incident in the state of Utah.  You can't rip a whole state for the actions of a few but there does appear to be more overt racism there.  

On 5/27/2021 at 10:11 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Sports leagues need to crack down on this. Banning people from the arena isn’t enough. Criminal charges need to be filed. This kind of behavior is inexcusable.

The Jazz have done their part. They perma ban all these morons.  It's interesting that the OP didn't mention all the other recent issues.  Bottles being thrown, spitting. I guess it's just the white mormons that cause problems. 

On 5/30/2021 at 8:49 PM, Jeffkills said:

For the record.

@happycamper, @mugtang, @utenation

We can all bash Mormons until it becomes too personal or otherwise overdone.

Key theme here is less moderation.

However, we won't drive away members with content that's too over the line, hate speech, or personal attacks that include personal information...  Personal information used in public call-outs will be deleted.

That said, this forum is all about freedom, including speech.

Good to hear. The Cowboys suck!

39 minutes ago, utenation said:

The Jazz have done their part. They perma ban all these morons.  It's interesting that the OP didn't mention all the other recent issues.  Bottles being thrown, spitting. I guess it's just the white mormons that cause problems. 

Fans are finally allowed back in arenas and they’re showing just how much they appreciate it, I guess.

Not a big fan of Stephen A but in this instance he's correct. The authorities should try to find that guy and charge him with misdemeanor battery.

So you attend a sporting event and spit on a player you don't like? During the COVID era no less? Really?

As to the Mormon accusation, I have to wonder whether the scumbag fan who did that wasn't under the influence of a liquid intoxicant. If so, that would lessen the chances of him being LDS.

I am a non mormon living in Utah. I know a lot of LDS folks who are great people, and a lot who are asshole, just like the non mormons I know. They don't have the market cornered on either group.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

4 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

As to the Mormon accusation, I have to wonder whether the scumbag fan who did that wasn't under the influence of a liquid intoxicant. If so, that would lessen the chances of him being LDS.

Haven't you heard why it's smarter to take two Mormons fishing instead of one ?

If you take just one, he'll drink your beer. If you take two,  they won't.

:rimshot1:

Like Mano, I too am non-LDS in Utah. I've been here 27 years. There's good peeps amongst them and and some not so good.  Just like any other group of people.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/30/2021 at 7:49 PM, Jeffkills said:

For the record.

@happycamper, @mugtang, @utenation

We can all bash Mormons until it becomes too personal or otherwise overdone.

Key theme here is less moderation.

However, we won't drive away members with content that's too over the line, hate speech, or personal attacks that include personal information...  Personal information used in public call-outs will be deleted.

That said, this forum is all about freedom, including speech.

You're video took me to some recent Faux News - Hunter Biden TDS news. Is that what you intended to post ?

Americans Mayor

5 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Like Mano, I too am non-LDS in Utah. I've been here 27 years. There's good peeps amongst them and and some not so good.  Just like any other group of people.

That's cool.  27 years.. That means you know how to navigate some odd laws and rules.  Utah gets a bad rap.. Once you get past those things. Decent place to live. 

23 minutes ago, utenation said:

That's cool.  27 years.. That means you know how to navigate some odd laws and rules.  Utah gets a bad rap.. Once you get past those things. Decent place to live. 

BIG minuses from what I hear: You can't buy alcohol anywhere on Sundays and if you want to consume adult beverages in a restaurant, you have to bring them with you.

5 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Not a big fan of Stephen A but in this instance he's correct. The authorities should try to find that guy and charge him with misdemeanor battery.

So you attend a sporting event and spit on a player you don't like? During the COVID era no less? Really?

PLEASE DONT CALL IT THE COVID ERA. THANK YOU

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

25 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

BIG minuses from what I hear: You can't buy alcohol anywhere on Sundays and if you want to consume adult beverages in a restaurant, you have to bring them with you.

Not true.  You can't bring your own into restaurants btw.  The liquor stores aren't open on Sundays.  Everything else is open for purchase.  Bad info. You can go to any bar or eatery with booze on Sunday and do what you want. 

30 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

There are a couple of counties that are dry on Sunday, but in SLC you can buy beer at grocery store, and bars are allowed to be open and serve drinks. The liquor laws here have been liberalized quite a bit from when I was in college, and are not as bad as some states. The biggest pain is that wine, liquor and high point beer ( above 5% ) are not available for purchase except through the state liquor store ( for bottles - of course can get at restaurants and bars ). But, I know there are a number of states like that.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

2 hours ago, utenation said:

Not true.  You can't bring your own into restaurants btw.  The liquor stores aren't open on Sundays.  Everything else is open for purchase.  Bad info. You can go to any bar or eatery with booze on Sunday and do what you want. 

Correct.

The Olympics caused Utah to move forward 50 years. We're still twenty years behind. The Right is losing its  mind over Medical MJ, but we did pass it 52-49 despite the Moral Outrage factor.

We have also become a leader in LGBTQ acceptance and inclusion in this nation. Odd, isn't it ?

In spite of Mitt Romney having a 64% disapproval rating amongst Republicans, he has a 50% overall approval rating and will probably be reelected.

Utah is not the cloistered religious backwater it used to be.

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

Correct.

The Olympics caused Utah to move forward 50 years. We're still twenty years behind. The Right is losing its  mind over Medical MJ, but we did pass it 52-49 despite the Moral Outrage factor.

We have also become a leader in LGBTQ acceptance and inclusion in this nation. Odd, isn't it ?

In spite of Mitt Romney having a 64% disapproval rating amongst Republicans, he has a 50% overall approval rating and will probably be reelected.

Utah is not the cloistered religious backwater it used to be.

SL County is basically blue. Unfortunately the leaders that make most of the decisions are conservative LDS folks.  Times are changing. 

4 hours ago, utenation said:

SL County is basically blue. Unfortunately the leaders that make most of the decisions are conservative LDS folks.  Times are changing. 

SLC has been blue for a very long time. The last non Democrat Mayor in SLC was in 1974, the last Republican in 1972. Two congressional seats should be held by democrats, but they have gerrymandered the crap out of the districts.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

10 hours ago, Mano said:

SLC has been blue for a very long time. The last non Democrat Mayor in SLC was in 1974, the last Republican in 1972. Two congressional seats should be held by democrats, but they have gerrymandered the crap out of the districts.

Jackie Biskuspi the last mayor was openly gay and I can't think of the name of the transgendered Councilperson.

Then I read this in my inbox:

Gov. Cox issues Pride month declaration, believed to be a first for Utah governors

https://kutv.com/news/local/gov-spencer-cox-issues-pride-month-declaration

Utah leading the way in LGBTQ acceptance. Who'da think that ?

Americans Mayor

16 hours ago, battle.borne said:

PLEASE DONT CALL IT THE COVID ERA. THANK YOU

Agreed. It's the Age of COVID.