Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

NBA playoffs

11 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Damian. Lillard.

Wow.

11 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Damian Lillard ! Damn 

Un freaking believable!

I had Denver -2 on one ticket and Denver ML on another. That SOB kept making ridiculous 3's...I was about ready to climb thru the TV. :pullhair:

Denver finally brought home the bacon but sheeesh, I didn't really need that much exercise.

9 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wait WTF....how in the hell is @utenation a mod?  No offense natty, but this is not your home and you went on a long spiel about how you would never make it yours after Utah left, how you were going to graciously ride off into the sunset for better things.  You are not a fan of a team in the MWC.  You are an OOC poster who...trolls.  It would be like making IFH a mode BEFORE Boise got invited.  Have some god damn consistency and remember your own words you said you may be a guest from time to time but were no longer going to be a frequent member of the community.  Now you are going to accept an invitation to MODERATE this place.  FFS....

I declined an offer for a mod position here, after having been a mod previously if you had any pride you would have as well.  

Hold your horses there cowboy.  First off, this wasn't my request.  I don't want to police anything.  That's not my role.  @Jeffkills has some awesome visions and ideas for making this place better. He wanted me to get involved with a few marketing and growth ideas and reaching out to past posters that have left.  And while I don't have my team in this conference, it doesn't mean I'm not a fan of this conference. I've been around a lot longer than you too bubba.

I suggest you get with Jeff if he wants to cover some of his ideas and plans.  You should feel lucky that Jeff took over. He is very passionate and wants to make the best board out there even better.

14 hours ago, utenation said:

We will see what happens the next few weeks. My offer that the Jazz will make it out of the second round this year still stands btw. 

I'm not against it.

They gotta prove it to me.

im seriously thinking about trying to get some Tix for game 1 or 2 of the semis. 

i haven't seen a live game since Game 1 of the 97 Conference Finals against Houston. We happened to be driving by the Delta Center halfway through the first quarter. We stopped at a light and there was a ticket scalper on the corner. He let go of 3 Tix for $75 total.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

11 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

I'm not against it.

They gotta prove it to me.

im seriously thinking about trying to get some Tix for game 1 or 2 of the semis.

Since you live here, you know all too well about Jazz Fan delusion.  Many Jazz fans cry whenever we are disrespected or not given respect nationally.  

We had a great regular season but we haven't earned anything yet. This is the way it works.  I think this is one of the best Jazz teams ever but we need to prove it.  We have about 3-4 players that thrive on lack of respect. 

15 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

i haven't seen a live game since Game 1 of the 97 Conference Finals against Houston. We happened to be driving by the Delta Center halfway through the first quarter. We stopped at a light and there was a ticket scalper on the corner. He let go of 3 Tix for $75 total.

Damn. The new remodel is pimp..  You need to get there.  I went to about 20 games and a few playoff games in 2019.

Nothing last or this year. Pic is the playoffs a few years ago against Houston when they had our number.

E369FCE3-285C-4271-9147-96D4D185DB13.jpeg

52 minutes ago, utenation said:

Hold your horses there cowboy.  First off, this wasn't my request.  I don't want to police anything.  That's not my role.  @Jeffkills has some awesome visions and ideas for making this place better. He wanted me to get involved with a few marketing and growth ideas and reaching out to past posters that have left.  And while I don't have my team in this conference, it doesn't mean I'm not a fan of this conference. I've been around a lot longer than you too bubba.

I suggest you get with Jeff if he wants to cover some of his ideas and plans.  You should feel lucky that Jeff took over. He is very passionate and wants to make the best board out there even better.

I've talkes to Jeff.  He has some hair balled ideas and this place is far worse off than it was. He asked me if I wanted to moderate this place a month before it was announced he was the new owner.  I declined.  Resign.  You decided to move on from this community over a decade ago.  You don't know how the culture has grown, the flow of the new posters and you are at this point an OOC troll who spends his time talking shit to UNLV....

Mug even warned jeff to not make you a mmod...horrible idea.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I've talkes to Jeff.  He has some hair balled ideas and this place is far worse off than it was. He asked me if I wanted to moderate this place a month before it was announced he was the new owner.  I declined.  Resign.  You decided to move on from this community over a decade ago.  You don't know how the culture has grown, the flow of the new posters and you are at this point an OOC troll who spends his time talking shit to UNLV....

Mug even warned jeff to not make you a mmod...horrible idea.

You are talking to the wrong person. I really don't care what you think.  My last response on this foolish quest. 

7 minutes ago, utenation said:

You are talking to the wrong person. I really don't care what you think.  My last response on this foolish quest. 

You are not part of the community.  You left a decade ago and returned to troll BYU and UNLV.  The fact you accepted his offer as a mod is pathetic.  Top25 thinks so too.  He left the board permanently btw thanks to decisions by the new ownership....thought you liked him....

8 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Danny Ainge quits. (back to BYU in some capacity?).....He had 19 years. Brad Stevens is now head of Celtics operations. I think Stevens was sick of coaching in the NBA millionaires club.

I think Ainge checks out for awhile. The Boston media is brutal.  He's been grinding forever. Brad was in over his head before now this will sink him I think. 

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You are not part of the community.  You left a decade ago and returned to troll BYU and UNLV.  The fact you accepted his offer as a mod is pathetic.  Top25 thinks so too.  He left the board permanently btw thanks to decisions by the new ownership....thought you liked him....

Damn. That is too bad 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Damn. That is too bad 

Yeah, he asked @Jeffkills to delete his account but Jeff did not know how, so he just left.

He agrees with my take on Utenation being a mod but thinks another decision is even worse.  Mug also told jeff it was a horrible idea.  OOC trolls should not be mods, especially ones that went on a long spiel about how they were retiring from the board to prove he was not a hypocrite for bashing OOC trolls for so long.

The freaken irony.  Stunner, top25, I am betting we continue to bleed long time posters at an alarming rate.

On 5/31/2021 at 12:27 PM, Slapdad said:

As long as LBJ doesn't win, I'm happy. 

Speaking of Lebron he bailed on his team and walked out with six minutes left in the game. He claimed he had a sore ankle but walked out without a limp. 

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, he asked @Jeffkills to delete his account but Jeff did not know how, so he just left.

He agrees with my take on Utenation being a mod but thinks another decision is even worse.  Mug also told jeff it was a horrible idea.  OOC trolls should not be mods, especially ones that went on a long spiel about how they were retiring from the board to prove he was not a hypocrite for bashing OOC trolls for so long.

The freaken irony.  Stunner, top25, I am betting we continue to bleed long time posters at an alarming rate.

What decisions, exactly?

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What happened with/to Stunner?

5 hours ago, Pelado said:

What happened with/to Stunner?

I read on another thread that he asked mugtang to delete his account. So he did. 

I like AD, he seems like a down to Earth type of guy and he's a great player when he's actually playing. But my goodness he's injury prone and has spent a LOT of time off the court in his career. So much so that Barkley came up with a new nickname for him.

28 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Clippers fans:

Mary Steenburgen Oops GIF by Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

I don't think the Clippers will ever win a championship, not in my lifetime anyway. I used to go to their games when they played in San Diego back in the Bill Walton days. The crowd was sparse and security was lax. So we would buy cheap seat tickets and move down to the lower level in the second half. Nobody cared, they were probably glad that we actually stuck around for the rest of the game. Most people didn't.