Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

OT: PGA Championship

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

There's a lot of holes left for Phil to do something Phil-like. 

Hold On GIF

He'll falter some, but that adds to the drama which most of us enjoy. I think Phil will win his sixth major today by 2 strokes. B)

12 minutes ago, Bob said:

This makes Phil a top 5 all time golfer

He’s Top 10, but Jack, Tiger, player, hogan, Jones, Watson, Palmer and Snead is a tough group to crack. 

12th in majors and 8th in tour victories does not make Top 5.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

37 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

Tiger, Jack, Arnold (not in order) are Top 3, Player, Hogan, and Watson fight for the next three. Phil is with Snead, Jones, Trevino. He's Top 10, perhaps Top 6/7, but I don't see him much higher than that. 

Trevino is not in that group, IMO. Snead is with tiger, jack, Player, and Palmer in my top 5 Watson, Jones and Hogan in next group. Mickelson next followed by Sarazen to round out my 10.. 

33 minutes ago, RSF said:

12th in majors and 8th in tour victories does not make Top 5.

He’s a Top 5 talent, for sure. But the results of his career, while great, aren’t quite as great as a guy like Watson. Also, worth noting, Watson was an unlucky bounce on 18 away from winning The Open at age 57. Which also means Mickelson’s book has not closed.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Trevino is not in that group, IMO. Snead is with tiger, jack, Player, and Palmer in my top 5 Watson, Jones and Hogan in next group. Mickelson next followed by Sarazen to round out my 10.. 

good list but as @Bob mentioned, how much weight, if any, do you give to the level of competition?

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Phil is better than the ancient guys. Competition is so much more fierce and international

Nah.  Simply way better equipment and way better coaching now with all the tech.  

Jack, Hogan, Tiger, Watson, and Arnie were all better natural golfers than Phil and I am a Phil fan.