Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelAlliance

Sandoval Says UNR to the AAU?????

1 hour ago, RebelAlliance said:

As usual, the UNR crowd inevitably devolves into "wanna be" academic smack about UNLV.  Again, UNR is, by most metrics a very, very slightly better university than UNLV.  That doesn't mean that it being invited into the AAU is anything but laughable.  

Here's what I've noticed in the responses.  In all the UNLV smack, I have yet to read one intelligent reply outlining why UNR has a chance in hell of getting into the AAU.  By the way, the more I read that link in my original post, it does appear that that the "Wolfpack" might be the next one in.....which means probably in the next ten years....and that's the one in North Carolina. 

Come on, Wolf Pack.  Use that vaunted UC level education and actually explain to me why you're anywhere close to AAU level....rather than the actual reality is that you are essentially a hundred year older version of UNLV.

I'm still at a loss why this bothers you so much?  It's onerous to set a goal whether attainable or not?  And what does this have to do with UNLV? 

30 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

You start a stupid thread and then wonder why people are dissing Vegas? The people +++++ing with you aren’t nevada grads. They just enjoy how dumb you are. 

Erroneous.  Nevada's former Governor started a stupid discussion that he would get UNR into the AAU despite all the evidence saying that the goal is laughable.  Again, explain to my simple UNLV intellect how a university that is barely top 100 among PUBLIC research universities has ANY chance of getting into the AAU in our lifetimes?

Please spell that out for me, and you just might prove how dumb I am.  Or if you can't, perhaps, it explains just how dumb you are and how delusional your current university president is.

4 minutes ago, RebelAlliance said:

Erroneous.  Nevada's former Governor started a stupid discussion that he would get UNR into the AAU despite all the evidence saying that the goal is laughable.  Again, explain to my simple UNLV intellect how a university that is barely top 100 among PUBLIC research universities has ANY chance of getting into the AAU in our lifetimes?

Please spell that out for me, and you just might prove how dumb I am.  Or if you can't, perhaps, it explains just how dumb you are and how delusional your current university president is.

You are quite the ranter 5 posts into your career here..

My alma mater is in the AAU and I didnt even know or care until now.

Neat!

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

10 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

You are quite the ranter 5 posts into your career here..

And you are quite the punter.  Again, please explain to me how UNR has any chance of getting into the AAU in the next 20 (50?) years and how Sandoval is not just blowing wishful thinking smoke up the asses of a delusional alumni base that thinks it's an equivalent to a UC or Washington level school.

Actual facts and statistics would be very welcome.  I'm not counting on it because UNR is full of people who wished they had the money to go to Santa Clara but were stuck in Reno at the local commuter college, who then spend their lives trying to convince themselves that it was something more than the mediocre local college.  

Prove me wrong.  With actual facts and statistics.  I'm waiting.

13 minutes ago, RebelAlliance said:

And you are quite the punter.  Again, please explain to me how UNR has any chance of getting into the AAU in the next 20 (50?) years and how Sandoval is not just blowing wishful thinking smoke up the asses of a delusional alumni base that thinks it's an equivalent to a UC or Washington level school.

Actual facts and statistics would be very welcome.  I'm not counting on it because UNR is full of people who wished they had the money to go to Santa Clara but were stuck in Reno at the local commuter college, who then spend their lives trying to convince themselves that it was something more than the mediocre local college.  

WHY DOES THIS BOTHER YOU SO MUCH?  WHY DO YOU CARE?

16 minutes ago, RebelAlliance said:

Nobody has to explain shit to you...You are just some dude coming on here to rant..I enjoy rants..Have  at it..

4 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

there's probably a secret handshake and a conference in Geneva involved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Universities

I don't think you are all that far off.  It is by nature a political association that does not set specific standards for membership.  A lot of universities aspire for membership because of the enhanced research dollars that they can score due to membership.  The roster of members is certainly impressive, but there really isn't a checklist that a university president can address to get to that level.  It's more a case of doing a lot of stuff the member universities like, and hoping they invite you.

45 minutes ago, RebelAlliance said:

27 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Nobody has to explain shit to you...You are just some dude coming on here to rant..I enjoy rants..Have  at it..

Lol at anybody here owing a newb provocateur dick. Eat a bag, troll, though you’ll have to find that bag on your own, because see my first sentence.  

11 hours ago, Slapdad said:

A degree from UNLV gives a lot of bang for the buck! 

UNLV actually has some decent programs, just not in the elite kind of category. The Engineering Department was pretty good when I was there. The big problem is that BB has sucked way too much and FB has always sucked. And I never have liked the stupid looking Rebel mascot of a confederate old fart. It never made sense to me. Yeah, let’s inspire our athletes with an old fart that couldn’t 100 yards and was fighting for rich white slave owners and against the black slaves. I’m sure black athletes there can get behind that. 

Quick Story: Speaking of brothels and UNLV, when I was going to UNLV, to pay for school I worked 6pm to 4:30am Monday through Friday at Haycock Distributing (A Petroleum Company) at D St. and Bonanza next to Steel Engineers and Nevada Ready Mx. Basically crack, meth, and homeless mission headquarters for Vegas. 

When I graduated, on my last night working there, I had to do a good prank. Before my boss left at 5pm each day, he’d put the delivery invoices in all of the drivers’ in-boxes to deliver starting early the next morning long before he showed up for work. So I decided to do 3 fake deliveries and see if they actually delivered them per guys I knew that would tell me. I got 3 blank invoices, took them home and used a typewriter to make them look legit. 

The 1st one was the whore house in Pahrump. It was a 55 gal. of KY. I put 10 weight oil in a 55 gal drum, and put a real looking KY label on it that I created at home. I put the drum on the dock so he could easily put it on his flatbed. The 2nd invoice was to my bosses house with my bosses name on it. It was to be the first delivery of the morning. I left delivery instructions to place 10 55 gal. drums in a straight line across the driveway and to be very very quiet not to wake anyone in the neighborhood. I put this invoice in the in-box of the driver that was about to marry his daughter. LOL, I know I’m evil. 

Then the 3rd delivery invoice was to deliver 4 55 gal drums of grease to Mormon Lube in St. George, UT. Of course, I made up the business and address. We would deliver a long ways out of Vegas, but rarely into UT. 

So the next afternoon I called a friend that was still there, and he told me what happened. The KY made it to the Brothel early in the morning and they accepted it!!!!  Oh, that was funny. The 10 55 gal drums to my bosses house were miraculously delivered. I thought for sure he would make enough noise to wake him up, but no. The driver, who my boss was about to become his father in law, was afraid it was an invoice error screw up because it didn’t make any sense. But he was too afraid to wake him up and piss him off. So he followed my instructions perfectly.

At around 8:30 am, my boss gets in his car, opens the garage door and starts to back out and quickly realizes he can’t go anywhere because there’s 10 fvcking 55 gal drums in his driveway blocking him in. He was tripping out how in the world that happened. He was a short total fat fvck and had no strength and too lazy to try to move any of the drums that weighed about 500 lbs each. That’s about 5,000 lbs on his driveway. So he was really late to work. He had to have one of the drivers come off their routes, take the drums off his driveway and back to the warehouse. 

When my boss got to work, he was frantically looking for anymore fake invoices that the drivers may have delivered or will. So he calls my cell, but didn’t leave a message. He called the drivers on the radio and asked them to read off where they’ve been and where they’re going. So he found out about the KY delivery, and the driver that was going to Mormon Lube in St. George was almost there. My boss was like “Mormon Lube? WTF!!!” So he turned him around to come back to town. 

My boss knew I was behind the whole thing because that’s something I would do, but he never did call me to scream at me about it. The total major assholes were the owners, John and Claire Haycock. I got some super serious revenge on them that led to lawyers getting involved, but that’s another story. 

kat.jpg

Hey, hey hey! Stop the fighting!! No matter what, UNR and UNLV will always be in the bottom tier of the Cal State U system. 

:rotflmfao:

12 hours ago, renoskier said:

how much of a discount?

asking for a friend :ph34r:

Ask @ph90702 directly.

15 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

I’m just surprised there wasn’t a 750 word article in the LV Sun about this with eight “professors” from the Brookings Institute (who don’t actually teach but write op ed for a living), condemning Sandoval for setting this goal “because Vegas is the mostest diverse school and we can’t even afford pork and beans or remove our racist mascot.”

Good lord that was dumb. 

kat.jpg

13 hours ago, utenation said:

Ironic that fans from a school that is apparently headed to the B12 or P12(they can write their own ticket really, both conferences are begging), making final 4 claims in the next few years are discrediting realistic academic goals for their rival. 

The author of this thread has 2 posts to his name and he starts out with the typical UNLV bang..

One thing we know for sure is UNLV will never be a AAU school. A degree there gets you a discount at a whore house, not much more.

UNLV has its issues, but it’s not THAT bad. 

kat.jpg

12 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

I hear the beverage curriculum is brutal. Which is why so many students flag out and park cars for a living. That’s where the BIG money is!

Not a great job to brag about at HS reunions, but I’ll bet some of them make way more than you. 

kat.jpg

11 hours ago, KayakArmada said:

Dont forget this is a collegiate forum so there’s a lot of snooty degree professional student types here (which is hilarious considering the academic prestige of the MWC schools in general). There’s probably tradesmen in their own town making way more than them as well. 

You actually made your avatar with that awful looking confederate old fart that fights for rich slave owners?

kat.jpg