Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Governor Meathead and the "Vegan Revolution"

Governor Meathead and the vegan revolution  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on?

• Meat
    • Veggies (saving the planet)

23 hours ago, RSF said:

I'll have an occasional Impossible Whopper from BK, not because its any healthier (its not), or does anything for the planet (maybe it does, maybe it doesnt), but because they're pretty tasty.  If that's where the future of food is going, I got no issues either way.

Ah yes, Burger King - a Chicago staple!

19 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@modestobulldog why the idiot button?  Ranchers here in Idaho have waged war, and won the war, on decimating things I love.  They are destroying our greatest resources.

Why an idiot button for saying I will support them as little as possible?  

There’s some great reading on the relationships between fly fishermen and ranchers in the Driftless area (Southwest Wisconsin).  

I get 3lbs of chicken thighs every Monday and cook them three different ways on the Traeger, that gets the girlfriend and I through lunches and most dinners during the week.  I’ll do a steak once every couple of weeks that I get from the local Italian market.  I killed it this week, Traeger at 180 until internal temp reaches 115 and then 500 for 3 minutes each side.  

9 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

They are doing God's work.

I get you and @soupslam1 love the fact Idaho ranchers are destroying our wild spaces because you have a fat republican dream dick in your fat idiot mouths....

But the rest of us actually like our wildlife.

Damn, +++++ing Californians are +++++ing stupid, like you two.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:37 PM, FresnoFacts said:

There are scientific studies that show bison (and elk, etc) produce much less methane per animal than dairy cows or beef cattle.

My conclusion is we should change the sources of meat not cut or eliminate meat consumption.

That's a great point. My ancestors on the Native side didn't have our quarter pounder problems.

Bison is much leaner as well. Tastes good,  makes hella cool blankets. 

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I get you and @soupslam1 love the fact Idaho ranchers are destroying our wild spaces because you have a fat republican dream dick in your fat idiot mouths....

But the rest of us actually like our wildlife.

Damn, +++++ing Californians are +++++ing stupid, like you two.

Ranches aren’t in wild spaces. They’re mostly in flat grass lands where cattle can graze. It’s not my fault the dumbass wildlife can’t stay in the wilds and come down where they attack cattle and risk being shot. Instead of ranchers you should be pissed at the lazy assed hunters that track wildlife in their natural habitat on ATVs. 

If a grizzly attacks you it’s because you invaded its space in your commune with nature fishing trips. I take that back a grizzly wouldn’t attack you because it would smell your rotten ass from miles away. 

20 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Ranches aren’t in wild spaces. They’re mostly in flat grass lands where cattle can graze. It’s not my fault the dumbass wildlife

can’t stay in the wilds and come down where they attack cattle and risk being shot. Instead of ranchers you should be pissed at the lazy assed hunters that track wildlife in their natural habitat on ATVs. 

If a grizzly attacks you it’s because you invaded its space in your commune with nature fishing trips. I take that back a grizzly wouldn’t attack you because it would smell your rotten ass from miles away. 

Got damn you are dumb.  Cattle are being grazed on PUBLIC lands, this does, indeed mean our wild spaces.  They graze in natura wolf habitat.

It's like you are retarded and your parents have not had the talk with you, that you are "different".  

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Got damn you are dumb.  Cattle are being grazed on PUBLIC lands, this does, indeed mean our wild spaces.  They graze in natura wolf habitat.

It's like you are retarded and your parents have not had the talk with you, that you are "different".  

Since when are all public lands wild spaces?  Have you been drinking or smoking weed or both all day? 

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Since when are all public lands wild spaces?  Have you been drinking or smoking weed or both all day? 

Purdy stoned, tbh.  I do not drink.

And yeah my dude, Wolves only occupy certain terrain in Idaho, all of that terrain is considered "wild"  you do not find them in the snake river plains.

That's pretty hilarious, Governor Stitt. :Clapping:

My wife and my son are vegetarians, my daughter and I eat meat. We've never tried to raise or kids one way or the other, it's just how their tastes developed. I eat meat maybe once or twice a week, and when I do, I try to buy the good stuff, supporting local ranchers and producers who take care of the land and their animals. I also eat a lot of plant-based "meat," and I really don't see why it needs to be one or the other. A steak is +++++ing amazing. A Beyond brat is also +++++ing amazing. I have yet to meat a protein I don't like.