Jump to content
bsu_alum9

PAC 12 new Commissioner - MGM's George Kliavkoff

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

When has UNLV proven anyone wrong?

Probably in 1991 when some thought the Rebels might be the best basketball team ever.

34 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I think that's now 'Plan B.'

The current focus is trying to woo UNLV & NDSU South Dakota State into joining.  It's an all out blitz.

fify

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KayakArmada said:

I wasn’t aware performance on the field was the only qualifier for a P5 spot. See below:

Vanderbilt

Georgia Tech

Colorado

Oregon State

Rutgers

Ole Miss

Purdue

Got it......

No one ever said it was.  Only one of those schools hasnt been in a power conference all along.  And the outlier is in the biggest TV market in the country (and a pretty good school in a conference that actually values such things).  But in UNLVs case their athletic program is dogshit and their TV market (#40) is meh.

 

 

This stuff isnt that hard.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

The butt hurt from other schools in here is big time.  Kind of funny and sad at the same time.

It's because we're all so sad to learn that vegas is leaving for a P5, even though we all knew it was long overdue.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KayakArmada said:

I wasn’t aware performance on the field was the only qualifier for a P5 spot. See below:

Vanderbilt

Georgia Tech

Colorado

Oregon State

Rutgers

Ole Miss

Purdue

Got it......

I'm not so sure your examples of Ga Tech, Ole Miss, Oregon State and Purdue are good for your point. 

Ga tech has been in the ACC title game 5 times since 2006 and most recently 2014, they've been to 17 bowl games since 2000.  Ole Miss won the Sugar Bowl in 2016 and have been to 10 bowl games since 2000. Purdue has been to 11 Bowl games since 2000.  Hell, even Oregon stat has been to 9 bowl games since 2000 and won the Fiesta Bowl in 2000.

So how do these numbers compare to UNLV's?  I didn't look at the overall recent performance of the others you mentioned but I bet they have more than UNLV in the same timeframe. CU went to the CCG in 2016 for example.

 

So while it's not all performance, it plays a part most times.  UNLV doesn't bring their own TV market. No NCAA tourney credits, bowl game revenue or other revenue.   So again, what does UNLV add that would improve the P12?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

It's because we're all so sad to learn that vegas is leaving for a P5, even though we all knew it was long overdue.   

Pretty comical. If they can't show everyone a legitimate case for P5 expansion.  The fans that question that are "just jealous and butt hurt".  Even fans from TCU and Utah.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

The butt hurt from other schools in here is big time.  Kind of funny and sad at the same time.

Butt hurt about the new PAC12 commissioner?

Why?

Seems like a good hire 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, utenation said:

 

 

So while it's not all performance, it plays a part most times.  UNLV doesn't bring their own TV market. No NCAA tourney credits, bowl game revenue or other revenue.   So again, what does UNLV that would improve the P12?

 

 

If we weren't on our decade plus run of success when the game of musical chairs started, we would either be in the MWC or AAC right now.  The fact that we were also in a major market and had spent hundreds of millions on athletic upgrades also played a major role.  Along with a little luck, and an AD that could sell air conditioning to an Eskimo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, utenation said:

Pretty comical. If they can't show everyone a legitimate case for P5 expansion.  The fans that question that are "just jealous and butt hurt".  Even fans from TCU and Utah.  

The funny thing is, if they weren't already in the MW, and we were expanding, they wouldn't get a look.

Last season: 0-6 in FB; Sub .500 in BB.  Ghetto, commuter school.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RSF said:

If we weren't on our decade plus run of success when the game of musical chairs started, we would either be in the MWC or AAC right now.  The fact that we were also in a major market and had spent hundreds of millions on athletic upgrades also played a major role.  Along with a little luck, and an AD that could sell air conditioning to an Eskimo.

Utah certainly got lucky. But we still dumped 100's of millions into facilities before the invite and were on track for AAU status.  We improved our football program greatly when we hired Urban Meyer and haven't looked back since. Luck and timing are everything but you better have your house in order before the call comes. 

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RSF said:

No one ever said it was.  Only one of those schools hasnt been in a power conference all along.  And the outlier is in the biggest TV market in the country (and a pretty good school in a conference that actually values such things).  But in UNLVs case their athletic program is dogshit and their TV market (#40) is meh.

 

 

This stuff isnt that hard.

Here's the thing, we already are getting as much as we can out of the Vegas tv market.  I'd bet good money the P12 has far more fans in Vegas than UNLV does. So again, why add something we already have?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Every basketball preseason when their fanbase declares them the top team in the MWC???

As soon as this P12 news slides away in a week, they will refocus on their energy on the B12 or AAC again. And when the ACC, B10 and SEC start chirping anything expansion, Rob and his little minions will proclaim they are on that short list too without any facts or numbers. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, utenation said:

Here's the thing, we already are getting as much as we can out of the Vegas tv market.  I'd bet good money the P12 has far more fans in Vegas than UNLV does. So again, why add something we already have?

Are you guys living in the 1980's or something?

The NFL already had the Las Vegas market wrapped up but guess what, they still came here.

NHL had the Las Vegas market wrapped up and they still came here.

MLB already owns the Las Vegas market, so why would they move here?  It makes no sense right?  According to you dipshits.

Why would PAC-12 teams want yearly trips to Las Vegas for all sports?  Why partner with a program located in the sports capital of the world according to the PAC-12 commissioner?

UNLV to the PAC-12 has been on a crash course for a long time and it is inevitable.  Easy to see this one coming if you have any sort of foresight at all.

Or you can pretend that this is 1982 and decisions are being made like it is 1982.

You are probably the same retards that said Rutgers had no shot at the Big Ten.

 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, utenation said:

Here's the thing, we already are getting as much as we can out of the Vegas tv market.  I'd bet good money the P12 has far more fans in Vegas than UNLV does. So again, why add something we already have?

BYU has more fans in Vegas than UNLV, let alone the PAC12.  Hell, I’d bet Bishop Gorman High School does too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

BYU has more fans in Vegas than UNLV, let alone the PAC12.  Hell, I’d bet Bishop Gorman High School does too.

UNLV needs to schedule games that interest their fans...

They don't get excited about some of their OOC opponents.

 

Every year in Football UNLV needs to schedule the following OOC 

(1) BYU (this brings out droves of BYU fans....but also UNLV fans (many Mormon ones) who want to show UNLV pride, and hate on BYU.   It would be well attended.  It works (ask Boise)

(2) PAC12---They need to create a PAC12 rivalry.   They probably can't play the same school every year, but it would be cool if they rotated playing the 2 Arizona schools, and maybe Utah and USC.

(3) AAC --- Houston----create a Fertitta rivalry.   Start a rivalry with the Las Vegas of the South, New Orleans (which means Tulane).  Play one AAC school every year. 

(4) 1 other P5 game.

 

UNLV fans are too smart to play FCS opponents.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

UNLV needs to schedule games that interest their fans...

They don't get excited about some of their OOC opponents.

 

Every year in Football UNLV needs to schedule the following OOC 

(1) BYU (this brings out droves of BYU fans....but also UNLV fans (many Mormon ones) who want to show UNLV pride, and hate on BYU.   It would be well attended.  It works (ask Boise)

(2) PAC12---They need to create a PAC12 rivalry.   They probably can't play the same school every year, but it would be cool if they rotated playing the 2 Arizona schools, and maybe Utah and USC.

(3) AAC --- Houston----create a Fertitta rivalry.   Start a rivalry with the Las Vegas of the South, New Orleans (which means Tulane).  Play one AAC school every year. 

(4) 1 other P5 game.

 

UNLV fans are too smart to play FCS opponents.   

If UNLV's Football schedule looked like this, we would average 50,000+ fans per game.

USC

UCLA

Arizona

Arizona State

Colorado 

Utah

Washington

Oregon

Stanford

BYU

unr

Hawaii


And this is what it will look like very soon.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Are you guys living in the 1980's or something?

The NFL already had the Las Vegas market wrapped up but guess what, they still came here.

NHL had the Las Vegas market wrapped up and they still came here.

MLB already owns the Las Vegas market, so why would they move here?  It makes no sense right?  According to you dipshits.

Why would PAC-12 teams want yearly trips to Las Vegas for all sports?  Why partner with a program located in the sports capital of the world according to the PAC-12 commissioner?

UNLV to the PAC-12 has been on a crash course for a long time and it is inevitable.  Easy to see this one coming if you have any sort of foresight at all.

Or you can pretend that this is 1982 and decisions are being made like it is 1982.

You are probably the same retards that said Rutgers had no shot at the Big Ten.

 

 

If UNLV can figure out how to get the fans to attend the games (basketball and football) they could turn things around fast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

 

If UNLV can figure out how to get the fans to attend the games (basketball and football) they could turn things around fast. 

I figured it out!

win

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...