bsu_alum9

PAC 12 new Commissioner - MGM's George Kliavkoff

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

That’s a crime you get that much for your football.  A literal crime.  

I wouldn't expect a fan of a team that has been around 3 years to understand putting in the work.. The true crime is making fake trophies for non existent national championships. UCF had one good year. Now they will just continue to get coaches poached like every other G5.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, RSF said:

You still have to subtract P12N expenses and add in B12 Tier 3 revenue (which varies greatly).

I haven't seen any numbers (or bothered to look tbh), but what is the range of tier 3 revenue excepting bevo? 

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

I haven't seen any numbers (or bothered to look tbh), but what is the range of tier 3 revenue excepting bevo? 

it was about $2 to $7 million, but that has changed somewhat a number (if not all) of the third tier contracts have expired and ESPN bought them all up and made them a part of ESPN+, but there were never any money figures released

• Like 1
4 hours ago, utenation said:

I wouldn't expect a fan of a team that has been around 3 years to understand putting in the work.. The true crime is making fake trophies for non existent national championships. UCF had one good year. Now they will just continue to get coaches poached like every other G5.

Low effort, just like your school.  Must be your motto out that way.

On 5/18/2021 at 8:54 AM, sactowndog said:

If the PAC goes to 8 games, I think it spurs some effort for a breakaway conference.   

The CA Pac-12 schools only care about playing each other.   Any move to 8 breaks that up.    The only way to get to 8 games is a merger with the Big 12 where you play 7 in league and 1 cross-over.  Eight games allow WA, OR, Utah, AZ, AZ State to play one in state rivalry game without impacting future schedules.  

If we are lucky Stanford/SJSU, Cal/Fresno, UCLA/SDSU would become annual games.

west:

Stanford, Cal, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Utah, one of Az/Az State

east:

Colorado, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Kansas, TCU, Texas Tech, Houston.  

if Nebraska wants to join I think you dump OK State.  

Houston & TCU would never be invited to the 12-Pack.

8 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Houston & TCU would never be invited to the 12-Pack.

Apparently you didn’t read very closely.  Notice no Oregon St or Washington State.  It’s a merger of equals and at least 3 Texas teams are a must.  

On 5/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

The PAC 12 having the ability to take teams from the Big XII or B1G?  :lol:  They didn't have the juice to pull it off a decade ago and they've become significantly weaker in the interim.  Delusional.

REALLY...Where did UC-boulder come from?

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Apparently you didn’t read very closely.  Notice no Oregon St or Washington State.  It’s a merger of equals and at least 3 Texas teams are a must.  

My comment has nothing OSU/Wazzu going away & it has more to do with your faulty logic than me not reading closely.

"Merger of Equals???"  Enlighten us.  Who are the Christian (TCU) & commuter school (Houstons) "equals" in the 12-Pack?

11 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Low effort, just like your school.  Must be your motto out that way.

Yeah. Clearly effort and results are lacking at Utah. Btw, I didn’t see UCF on this list?

https://www.deseret.com/platform/amp/2019/11/6/20951623/utah-has-been-in-college-football-playoff-rankings-more-than-most-teams-in-nation

• Facepalm 1
On 5/24/2021 at 7:10 PM, Koji Vu said:

I have a hard time believing they will expand as well - unless the Big 12 tries to snipe SDSU - then they might do it as a defensive measure. 

That said, this article is yet one more example that SDSU is always at the center of any MWC2wherever talk.

The ONLY way the Big XII even considers adding schools like SDSU would be if they themselves got poached by the Pac-12 or BigTen (maybe SEC again). It would be a desperate reaction to Oklahoma and/or Texas leaving with say Kansas or OSU or TTech, some combination thereof. And in that case SDSU or any other G5 schools "invited" would be joining a seriously depleted conference which, in all likelihood, would be soon to lose its "P5" status.

11 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

My comment has nothing OSU/Wazzu going away & it has more to do with your faulty logic than me not reading closely.

"Merger of Equals???"  Enlighten us.  Who are the Christian (TCU) & commuter school (Houstons) "equals" in the 12-Pack?

Why don’t you tell me if the western eight is:

Washington, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Utah, AZ State or AZ 

who you think Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado and Kansas will want as the other 4? 

11 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

By the way TCU is not Baylor.  It’s church affiliation is much less.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, albert mac meda said:

The ONLY way the Big XII even considers adding schools like SDSU would be if they themselves got poached by the Pac-12 or BigTen (maybe SEC again). It would be a desperate reaction to Oklahoma and/or Texas leaving with say Kansas or OSU or TTech, some combination thereof. And in that case SDSU or any other G5 schools "invited" would be joining a seriously depleted conference which, in all likelihood, would be soon to lose its "P5" status.

Or maybe they want to expand their TV market size.