Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

PAC 12 new Commissioner - MGM's George Kliavkoff

8 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Houston & TCU would never be invited to the 12-Pack.

Apparently you didn’t read very closely.  Notice no Oregon St or Washington State.  It’s a merger of equals and at least 3 Texas teams are a must.  

On 5/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, NorthWestCowboy said:

The PAC 12 having the ability to take teams from the Big XII or B1G?  :lol:  They didn't have the juice to pull it off a decade ago and they've become significantly weaker in the interim.  Delusional.

REALLY...Where did UC-boulder come from?

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Apparently you didn’t read very closely.  Notice no Oregon St or Washington State.  It’s a merger of equals and at least 3 Texas teams are a must.  

My comment has nothing OSU/Wazzu going away & it has more to do with your faulty logic than me not reading closely.

"Merger of Equals???"  Enlighten us.  Who are the Christian (TCU) & commuter school (Houstons) "equals" in the 12-Pack?

11 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Low effort, just like your school.  Must be your motto out that way.

Yeah. Clearly effort and results are lacking at Utah. Btw, I didn’t see UCF on this list?

https://www.deseret.com/platform/amp/2019/11/6/20951623/utah-has-been-in-college-football-playoff-rankings-more-than-most-teams-in-nation

On 5/24/2021 at 7:10 PM, Koji Vu said:

I have a hard time believing they will expand as well - unless the Big 12 tries to snipe SDSU - then they might do it as a defensive measure. 

That said, this article is yet one more example that SDSU is always at the center of any MWC2wherever talk.

The ONLY way the Big XII even considers adding schools like SDSU would be if they themselves got poached by the Pac-12 or BigTen (maybe SEC again). It would be a desperate reaction to Oklahoma and/or Texas leaving with say Kansas or OSU or TTech, some combination thereof. And in that case SDSU or any other G5 schools "invited" would be joining a seriously depleted conference which, in all likelihood, would be soon to lose its "P5" status.

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

11 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

My comment has nothing OSU/Wazzu going away & it has more to do with your faulty logic than me not reading closely.

"Merger of Equals???"  Enlighten us.  Who are the Christian (TCU) & commuter school (Houstons) "equals" in the 12-Pack?

Why don’t you tell me if the western eight is:

Washington, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Utah, AZ State or AZ 

who you think Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado and Kansas will want as the other 4? 

11 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

By the way TCU is not Baylor.  It’s church affiliation is much less.  

4 hours ago, albert mac meda said:

The ONLY way the Big XII even considers adding schools like SDSU would be if they themselves got poached by the Pac-12 or BigTen (maybe SEC again). It would be a desperate reaction to Oklahoma and/or Texas leaving with say Kansas or OSU or TTech, some combination thereof. And in that case SDSU or any other G5 schools "invited" would be joining a seriously depleted conference which, in all likelihood, would be soon to lose its "P5" status.

Or maybe they want to expand their TV market size.