Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

PAC 12 new Commissioner - MGM's George Kliavkoff

1 hour ago, RSF said:

You still have to subtract P12N expenses and add in B12 Tier 3 revenue (which varies greatly).

It sill works out to be about 33.5 Mill per school. Not bad considering our leadership has been a cluster fvck.  Imagine if we have some true leadership with a TV contract coming up. We will never have B10 or SEC numbers but people think the P12 is a dying conference. The numbers say otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, utenation said:

It sill works out to be about 33.5 Mill per school. Not bad considering our leadership has been a cluster fvck.  Imagine if we have some true leadership with a TV contract coming up. We will never have B10 or SEC numbers but people think the P12 is a dying conference. The numbers say otherwise. 

Once you guys wise up and bring Rebel High into the fold, the PAC's numbers will soar. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

7 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Once you guys wise up and bring Rebel High into the fold, the PAC's numbers will soar. 

Based on these numbers, looks like the B12 needs their prowess. I'd guess UNLV would add millions of eyeballs and finally a real basketball brand. Kansas is garbage.  And once their football team starts dominating the West, they might kick out the Raiders. It's not if, it's when.

I hear @RSF, @NVGiant and @Did I hear a WOOSH? have seen the back room proposals. Once they are ready for an announcement, they will inform Woosh first.  This guy is a legit insider on college sports and geography financials. 

4 minutes ago, utenation said:

Based on these numbers, looks like the B12 needs their prowess. I'd guess UNLV would add millions of eyeballs and finally a real basketball brand. Kansas is garbage.  And once their football team starts dominating the West, they might kick out the Raiders. It's not if, it's when.

I hear @RSF, @NVGiant and @Did I hear a WOOSH? have seen the back room proposals. Once they are ready for an announcement, they will inform Woosh first.  This guy is a legit insider on college sports and geography financials. 

UNLV is in for sure. Pac-12 revenue triples if they join. But I think we're going to have to wait until we get our certain AAU status in 10 years before we join.

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

UNLV is in for sure. Pac-12 revenue triples if they join. But I think we're going to have to wait until we get our certain AAU status in 10 years before we join.

AAU status doesn't pay the bills my friend.. Name brands, facilities, location and amount of pro sports in town defines greatness.  One thing we know for sure, if UNLV was finally given P5 money, they would finally get their act together and dominate the world. Back in the 90's UNLV basketball was an international brand. Several kids in Taiwan were spotted with Grandmama action figures and Tark the shark t shirts. 

On 5/21/2021 at 8:30 PM, quickdraw said:

This won’t happen. If it did Utah would just start bitching again about the conference tournament being in Vegas and UNLV having home court advantage.

I think Utah and the rest of the conference would be more concerned that UNLV's net rating in basketball is 180 and the football team went 0-6.  They have no fans, no revenue.  Just a few blow hard fans on the internet. With the TV contract coming up in a few years, adding a welfare subsidy to the conference wouldn't be good for the bottom line. 

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/05/20/pac-12-finances-tax-filings-for-2020-show-revenue-increased-despite-covid-shutdown-but-larry-scotts-income-took-a-hit/

that ignores the $100 million in PAC 12 network expenses

gross revenues do not mean profits or distributions to members

Campus payouts for FY20 (data from other leagues from USA Today):

Big Ten: $54.3 million per school
SEC: $45.5 million per school
Big 12: $37 million to $40.5 million per school
Pac-12: $33.6 million per school
ACC: $30.9 million to $37million per school

Note: The Big 12 figure excludes millions in local media rights, which are owned by the schools because the conference doesn’t have a dedicated TV network.

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law

1 hour ago, utenation said:

That’s a crime you get that much for your football.  A literal crime.  

21 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I'm expecting big things from you. My only request is, we get your top shelf inside info before the major sports outlets announce anything. 

22 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I doubt any schools are getting admitted to the AAU any time soon.  Nothing personal to Unlv.  

Nope. 10 years. So it has been said. So it shall be.

Just now, 818SUDSFan said:

Robert, you deleted the fine print which reads "UNTIL HELL FREEZES OVER."

You were going to be the other team but now it is Houston.  Thank yourself for your own misery.

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I wouldn't expect a fan of a team that has been around 3 years to understand putting in the work.. The true crime is making fake trophies for non existent national championships. UCF had one good year. Now they will just continue to get coaches poached like every other G5.

7 hours ago, RSF said:

You still have to subtract P12N expenses and add in B12 Tier 3 revenue (which varies greatly).

I haven't seen any numbers (or bothered to look tbh), but what is the range of tier 3 revenue excepting bevo? 

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

I haven't seen any numbers (or bothered to look tbh), but what is the range of tier 3 revenue excepting bevo? 

it was about $2 to $7 million, but that has changed somewhat a number (if not all) of the third tier contracts have expired and ESPN bought them all up and made them a part of ESPN+, but there were never any money figures released

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law

4 hours ago, utenation said:

I wouldn't expect a fan of a team that has been around 3 years to understand putting in the work.. The true crime is making fake trophies for non existent national championships. UCF had one good year. Now they will just continue to get coaches poached like every other G5.

Low effort, just like your school.  Must be your motto out that way.

On 5/18/2021 at 8:54 AM, sactowndog said:

If the PAC goes to 8 games, I think it spurs some effort for a breakaway conference.   

The CA Pac-12 schools only care about playing each other.   Any move to 8 breaks that up.    The only way to get to 8 games is a merger with the Big 12 where you play 7 in league and 1 cross-over.  Eight games allow WA, OR, Utah, AZ, AZ State to play one in state rivalry game without impacting future schedules.  

If we are lucky Stanford/SJSU, Cal/Fresno, UCLA/SDSU would become annual games.

west:

Stanford, Cal, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Utah, one of Az/Az State

east:

Colorado, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Kansas, TCU, Texas Tech, Houston.  

if Nebraska wants to join I think you dump OK State.  

Houston & TCU would never be invited to the 12-Pack.