Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

PAC 12 new Commissioner - MGM's George Kliavkoff

12 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I have no idea...but if it happens.

Their best option for gaining access is probably being ranked in the top 6 in the nation.   Which is not very likely to happen.  I don't think the BYU administration wants to compete financially with the Alabamas and Clemsons of college football.   You'll see Liberty throw tons more money at their football than you will ever see BYU.

Liberty spent $16 Mill on football last full fiscal year. BYU $21 mill. 

No worries. You’ve never been good with numbers. You’d be surprised where BYU ranks on expenses on Football and basketball. Clearly BYU has football as a priority.

1 minute ago, utenation said:

No worries. You’ve never been good with numbers. You’d be surprised where BYU ranks on expenses on Football and basketball. Clearly BYU has football as a priority.

The Alabama and Clemsons of the world have 100 million more in revenue coming in each year.

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

The Alabama and Clemsons of the world have 100 million more in revenue coming in each year.

Yep.

There are only about 10 football programs that matter with respect to the Playoffs, and huge budgets.

Then you'll see schools that are independently wealthy throw money at their schools---Notre Dame.

Liberty will be one very soon (just recently moved up to FBS)

11 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

There’s about 10-15 blue bloods that spend a lot more than everyone else. After that, the gap isn’t as big. 

My point is, BYU stays competitive in football. They have a lot more in common with middle of the pack to lower P5 schools than say  Liberty. 

Hell, just a few years ago, clowns like Stunner were running around bragging about their own tv trucks and networks. And saying the MWC was beneath BYU. 

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, utenation said:

There’s about 10-15 blue bloods that spend a lot more than everyone else. After that, the gap isn’t as big. 

My point is, BYU stays competitive in football. They have a lot more in common with middle of the pack to lower P5 schools than say  Liberty. 

Hell, just a few years ago, clowns like Stunner were running around bragging about their own tv trucks and networks. And saying the MWC was beneath BYU. 

Don't tell lies---I have never said that the MWC was beneath BYU, I called for BYU to schedule every MWC in existence.   We need more BYU vs MWC scheduling deals. 

Only thing I said was beneath BYU and UTAH were lowly Salt Lake Community College guys, trying to latch on our BYU vs UTAH rivalry.

Guys like you----who attended Salt Lake Community College----and pretending like you understand our Rivalry.   You will never understand it, since you didn't attend either school. 

Stick with your own school, and the schools that play your alma mater:  SLCC

Guest #1Stunner
19 minutes ago, utenation said:

Please...  SLCC guy, move on. 

1563377065107?e=2159024400&v=beta&t=B3wB

22 minutes ago, utenation said:

Lil’ Natty.....first time I’ve ever seen you post that BYU and Utah have “a a lot more in common...”. You okay?

19 minutes ago, utenation said:

From everything I've investigated, the MWC IS beneath BYU. Their revenues dwarf anything in the MWC (right now), and their combined attendance numbers for both football and basketball are better than almost every Pac 12 team.   

Only SDSU has a chance of catching them wrt overall revenues but only if you include non-allocated funds (and they are already on par wrt basketball attendance), but forget about football attendance.

Guest #1Stunner
38 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

From everything I've investigated, the MWC IS beneath BYU. Their revenues dwarf anything in the MWC (right now), and their combined attendance numbers for both football and basketball are better than almost every Pac 12 team.   

Only SDSU has a chance of catching them wrt overall revenues but only if you include non-allocated funds (and they are already on par wrt basketball attendance), but forget about football attendance.

BYU will schedule the MWC moving forward.

Games against SDSU, USU and Boise are very challenging.

11 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Yes there is, I’m sure the Pac12 gets better ratings than SDSU in San Diego. I’m sure both USC and UCLA get better TV ratings in San Diego than SDSU, at least for football. 

Now your attendance levels are good that you don’t have the Pac12 right in your yard, but TV is a different critter. I read something crazy one time that Oregon was actually the most popular athletic program in the Bay Area. That’s just wrong. 

You are incorrect on the football tv ratings in SD county.  When on comparable networks at the same time SDSU football games have had almost 2x the viewers in SD county as the PAC.  Case in point is the MWC championship game in 2015 against Air Force that was broadcast on ESPN2 (and played in SD) had 2x the viewers in SD county as the USC v Stanford championship game played at the same time on ESPN.

That said, SDSU, UNLV or anyone else in the MWC isn't going to the Pac unless the conference losses schools.

1 hour ago, Wolverine said:

Lil’ Natty.....first time I’ve ever seen you post that BYU and Utah have “a a lot more in common...”. You okay?

Depends on the audience.  We all know BYU does their best to keep up with their daddy.. We also know what happens to BYU when they play a real schedule. Last year they got lucky.  We should expect another 7-8 win season this year and another ass whipping from Utah..  I applaud BYU for trying to put on a big boy diaper but their talent level gets exposed every time they play big boy ball. 

The WAC still has their offices at the same place in Englewood, CO even if there are no full time members within the state.  The Pac-12 moving its offices to Vegas does not mean UNLV will be part of the Pac-12 anytime soon.

If you look at the history of some college football teams after a NFL team moved into the same city, it's not good.  In that case, I'd not bet on UNLV being good in football anytime soon.

3 hours ago, utenation said:

Depends on the audience.  We all know BYU does their best to keep up with their daddy.. We also know what happens to BYU when they play a real schedule. Last year they got lucky.  We should expect another 7-8 win season this year and another ass whipping from Utah..  I applaud BYU for trying to put on a big boy diaper but their talent level gets exposed every time they play big boy ball. 

8 wins next season, sans bowl game, would be a very successful season IMO all things considered. 

On 5/13/2021 at 11:35 AM, utenation said:

No tell me smart guy. It’s a legit question.  How does this benefit UNLV?

How does it benefit UNLV? It means move the f*ck over Utah, UNLV is coming to PAC-12 town!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

They're moving PAC-12 HQ to Las Vegas. UNLV is getting JUICED IN. It's a done deal. Marcus Arroyo and Phil Knight are chatting it up as we speak.

This is gonna be so epic for our community. Total game changer. UNLV was always meant to surpass you filthy peasant MWC schools. 

Destiny is upon us!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

17 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

They're moving PAC-12 HQ to Las Vegas. UNLV is getting JUICED IN. It's a done deal. Marcus Arroyo and Phil Knight are chatting it up as we speak.

This is gonna be so epic for our community. Total game changer. UNLV was always meant to surpass you filthy peasant MWC schools. 

Destiny is upon us!

Fertitta money! Fertitta money! Fertitta money! (part 2)

Clint_Douchebag.gif

cerified_Subarus.jpg

On 5/13/2021 at 10:48 AM, ph90702 said:

This could benefit UNLV.

On 5/13/2021 at 11:09 AM, RebelRobert said:

You think it might help??  They just hired a guy from Las Vegas.

"From Las Vegas," ¡haha!  Hardly...

Look at his full body of work.  His roots are East Coast:  Undergrad in Boston & Law School at Virginia.

2.5-yrs w/MGM does not make a Nevadan.

If he's a West Coaster at all, he's an Los Angeles/TMZ/SoCal guy.  Look at all his media experience (Hearst, Hulu, NBC/Universal, A&E, etc...).  

1 hour ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Fertitta money! Fertitta money! Fertitta money! (part 2)

Clint_Douchebag.gif

It is heartwarming to know that the mafia isnt above philanthropic endeavors such as universities.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/13/2021 at 9:14 PM, KayakArmada said:

This is not how you MWCBoard. TLDR

That "Someone" guy is a fan of THE University of North Texas. That's like being a fan of East Carolina University.

I once talked to God about NCAA realignment and he told me he had Ten Commandments about that subject. The first was "Never trust fans of directional schools because their collective knowledge could fit on the head of a pin." God's second through tenth commandments were "See my first commandment."