Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

PAC 12 new Commissioner - MGM's George Kliavkoff

5 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

We do have the best basketball and football facilities in the West, not just Mountain West.  We are also in the Most Exciting City in the World along with being in the Sports Capital of the World (according to PAC-12 Commissioner).

Is this guy mentally slow? I’m being serious here. He’s got a screw lose.

I forgot that the worst thing about the MWC board was the delusional UNLV fans. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

13 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Raiders are sold out.

Most expensive resale tickets in the NFL.

No need to worry your pretty head.

The first year doesn’t matter. The first 5-10 years don’t matter. Are you still selling out after you suck for a decade? That’s what matters. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

6 minutes ago, KayakArmada said:

And who’s right behind SDSU on that list? Crazy....I know.

I didn't think OSU would bail to the Pac 12 for the same TV deal reasons. :lol::lol:

In all seriousness, SDSU+UNLV would allow the Pac 12 to capture the last two big markets west of the Rockies. Hope UNLV's academic status is up to snuff for the Pac 12 snobs.

24 minutes ago, KayakArmada said:

San Jose State has a pretty respectable football program. Now you tell me why they will NEVER even be in the conversation for a P5 conference. I think we all know the answer. Don’t both answering, it’s rhetorical. 

There are already two Pac12 teams in the Bay Area, so we are smart enough to realize it’s not going to happen unless there was some type of crazy huge regional realignment.  Plus the UC and CSU fulfill two different missions in the College master plan in CA.  But you guys keep dreaming. :rotflmfao:

Funny thing, if you knew any sports history you would know that both SJSU and SDSU were originally lined up as public school travel partners for Cal and UCLA in the old PAC 8, but then the powers that be changed their mind to allow in private schools Stanford and USC. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

2 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

There are already two Pac12 teams in the Bay Area, so we are smart enough to realize it’s not going to happen unless there was some type of crazy huge regional realignment. 

Funny thing, if you knew any sports history you would know that both SJSU and SDSU were originally lined up as public school partners for Cal and UCLA in the old PAC 8, but then the powers that be changed their mind to allow in private schools Stanford and USC. 

Funny thing, I thought I’d be a brain surgeon one day but things just didn’t work out. Congratulations on that PAC-8 consideration achievement! Woulda, coulda, shouldas are the damndest thing aren’t they? 

20 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

So says the guy who roots for a clown college with about a 95% acceptance rate.

It’s hilarious, these guys.  Nevada schools are an over flow for CA kids that can’t get into good schools in CA. Same with the Oregon and AZ schools.  All have far easier acceptance rates than the top tier CSU “garbage schools”, let alone the UC’s. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

22 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

So says the guy who roots for a clown college with about a 95% acceptance rate.

We need to find out where Rob is getting his drugs. He’s obviously found some Blue Magic from the late 70’s

5 minutes ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

It’s hilarious, these guys.  Nevada schools are an over flow for CA kids that can’t get into good schools in CA. Same with the Oregon and AZ schools.  All have far easier acceptance rates than the top tier CSU “garbage schools”, let alone the UC’s. 

And yet how much does it rustle your jimmies to know UNLV is in all of these of expansion conversations and SJSU has been relegated to mid-major purgatory for eternity?

2 minutes ago, KayakArmada said:

And yet how much does it rustle your jimmies to know UNLV is in all of these of expansion conversations and SJSU has been relegated to mid-major purgatory for eternity?

In the conversations according to who?  Do you have links?

19 minutes ago, KayakArmada said:

Funny thing, I thought I’d be a brain surgeon one day but things just didn’t work out. Congratulations on that PAC-8 consideration achievement! Woulda, coulda, shouldas are the damndest thing aren’t they? 

There really is nothing wrong with UNLV or Las Vegas. Both are growing up and that’s a normal progression.  I’m happy for them. Nevada finally has a couple people living in it. 

It’s just a couple delusional UNLV fans on this sight that are mentally challenged.  They have no idea where they fit in the world of things and really have no idea about real money.  The Silicon Valley is real money.  Las Vegas is mostly a playground for Southern Californians to flash some weekend cash. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

6 minutes ago, utenation said:

I guess when they are sitting around talking to each other at the downtown fat boy buffet. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

6 minutes ago, utenation said:

I’m not your personal paralegal. I’m sure you’re fully capable of reading the same articles I have. A yahoo article was just listed one page back mentioning UNLV. To deny there’s at least smoke is completely ignorant. The point I’m making to OldSharty is that it’s UNLV is these articles, not SJSU. Those who live in glass houses probably shouldn’t cast stones is all I’m saying. 

2 minutes ago, KayakArmada said:

I’m not your personal paralegal. I’m sure you’re fully capable of reading the same articles I have. A yahoo article was just listed one page back mentioning UNLV. To deny there’s at least smoke is completely ignorant. The point I’m making to OldSharty is that it’s UNLV is these articles, not SJSU. Those who live in glass houses probably shouldn’t cast stones is all I’m saying. 

That’s what I thought genius. It’s your claim. Your job to show something  

15 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

SDSU seems to be near the top of every conference expansion list (that has a footprint west of the Mississippi). See the AAC rumors, and now Pac 12 expansion rumors.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pac-12-expansion-schools-conference-001519507.html

the person that wrote that article does not understand basic math with the exception of talking about Texas

the PAC 12 currently pays out $32.2 million per team per year

the Big 12 currently pays out $37.7 so $5.5 million more per team and that is exclusive of any 3rd tier rights for the Big 12 while inclusive of that for the PAC 12

so if you are going to pick teams from the Big 12 then to even break even for those Big 12 teams you need to be paying $5.5 million more to 12 other current PAC 12 members or $66 million more per year.....and again that is exclusive of 3rd tier money for the Big 12 members with OU getting about $7 and other Big 12 members not Texas getting from $1 to $5 million (Kansas being up there)

it makes no financial sense to pull teams from a smaller conference making more money and adding them to a larger conference making less money because the cost to elevate the teams making less money is much greater

plus OU and Texas Tech and Kansas are not stupid they know the financials of the PAC 12 members they understand the largest academic side subsidy in the Big 12 is $3.9 million form WVU followed by Tech with $3.5 then Iowa State $2, Kansas $1.7, OkState $87,000 and KSU, Texas and OU ZERO

while in the PAC 12 it is $21 million AU, $19 million ASU, $12.5 Utah, $12.2 CU, $11.8 Oregon State, $5 WSU, $4.15 Washington, $2.57 UCLA, and $450,000 Oregon, Cal "zero"

plus every Big 12 program had revenues that are higher than expenses

in the PAC 12 WITH THOSE SUBSIDIES Oregon had expenses $1.4 million over revenues, UCLA $19 million, CU $3.5 million, Cal $19 million, Oregon State $300,000, WSU $4.5 million

then there is the debt......with the exception of Texas and Texas Tech the Big 12 has a very low per team debt load and even Tech has paid theirs down significantly and is paying cash for all new facilities.....Texas does what Texas does.......the PAC 12 starting with Cal has a very high debt load, but so do a number of others

and as pointed out 6 of the 15 lowest P5 budgets are in the PAC 12 and that is including those subsidies and excluding the deficit spending after those subsidies.....plus you have to count in the higher debt service

lastly exclusive of the Big 12 GOR (that has no exit fee attached to it by design) there is a 99 year conference membership contract for the Big 12 that was signed in 2012

that contract for conference membership calls for an exit fee of an amount equal to the prior two years of distributions by the conference which at the end of the GOR would be about $42 million per year

8 of the current Big 12 members have gone to court on 2 separate occasions to enforce a similar contract against 4 former conference members (Nebraska and CU then A&M and MU) and while they did not collect the full amounts they did collect more than half of it each time and two other members WVU and TCU have paid under similar contracts)......and of course the last time was Maryland paying about $36 million of a $50 million contractual fee to leave the ACC......with Maryland saying they were not in agreement because they voted against the increase of the fee from $25 million to the $50 million......Maryland was also not a part of any GOR because the ACC did not have one in place prior to Maryland giving notice.....but the ACC did have a contract with a $50 million exit fee similar to the Big 12 contract (exclusive of any GOR) that calls for an exit fee of two prior years worth of distribution.....and of course as pointed out the Big 12 and others have successfully defended those

so you are probably looking at any Big 12 member that tries to leave giving up at least $42 million to do so......which just adds more to the cost of trying to move a team already making more money in their current smaller conference to a larger conference making less money

when one looks at the facts and the reality there seems to be no reason any Big 12 member would take a $42 million + dollar hit to move to a conference with lower budgets, much higher academic side subsidies, much higher annual deficits exclusive of those academic subsidies, and higher debt loads......and it seems to make no sense that any network would want to pay up the required money to make that happen

all the more so when the actual reason that OU and OkState DECLINED TO BE INVITED TO THE PAC 12 was because they realized they were going to make more money in the Big 12 every year even if Texas had the LHN and still made even more money......and so far every member of the Big 12 has made significantly more money in the Big 12 year after year then the PAC 12 members have made and that is exclusive of counting any Big 12 3rd tier money while is is inclusive of all PAC 12 dollars

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law

The school making the noise in football and basketball in the State of Nevada lies in Reno, yet we have to listen to the UNLV guys blather on and on. The Wolfpack are scary legit right now. Will challenge for both the MWC football and basketball title this next school year. 

Fight On For Victory!

And We Will Win The Day!

3 minutes ago, Someone said:

the PAC 12 currently pays out $32.2 million per team per year

the Big 12 currently pays out $37.7 so $5.5 million more per team and that is exclusive of any 3rd tier rights for the Big 12 while inclusive of that for the PAC 12

Yup, and that puts SDSU at No. 1. Just didn't want to be too biased in my original post. :D

13 minutes ago, utenation said:

That’s what I thought genius 

I don’t even know what you’re saying here. There’s plenty of posts in all of these threads showing tweets and articles that mention UNLV. I thought the whole realignment conversation had been proven to be a little overblown but nonetheless when the fire started smoldering on social media, the name UNLV has been brought up by people not associated with UNLV. Dude, do you ask the guy next to you in the stall for a hand? You seem to ask for a lot of help figuring these things out. It’s like you’re trying to establish some kind of gotcha fallacy but it never pans out for you.