Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

PAC 12 new Commissioner - MGM's George Kliavkoff

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

Actually it can mean 3 things.

Positive, negative....and doesnt mean a damn thing.

For UNLV, its door #3.

Ok. sure.  Time will prove who is correct.  That is the fun part.  I know I will be right.

3 minutes ago, utenation said:

Our biggest hole right now is financial stability and clear direction  in terms of TV revenue.  A partnership with ESPN/Fox on out P12 channel or dump it. One thing he said is the conference schedule needs to be reworked.  Which tells me, he's talking about 8 games rather that 9. 

I'm ok with this type of person leading out conference since it's all about money these days as long as he hires some help for sports. At the end of the days, it's the presidents and AD's job to improve results in revenue sports as long as the conference has given out teams a proper platform.

I think the hope for the P12N would be ESPN.  WIth their recent streamlining, Fox wouldnt seem to be interested in expanding their portfolio.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, RebelRobert said:

Ok. sure.  Time will prove who is correct.  That is the fun part.  I know I will be right.

I dont think either of us will live that long.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

13 minutes ago, utenation said:

I think he’s talking about more neutral site games in the Raiders stadium as well as hold our CCG in football there.

I think we both know he is talking about a lot more than that.  Time will prove I am correct.

You would have to be naïve or ignorant to think that a city such as Las Vegas with the growth that has occurred and will continue to occur over the next 20+ years will not be invited to a major conference.

It is only a matter of time you will eat your words.  People have always doubted Las Vegas and they have always been wrong.

Just now, RSF said:

I think the hope for the P12N would be ESPN.  WIth their recent streamlining, Fox wouldnt seem to be interested in expanding their portfolio.

Now that expenses and overhead have been cut majorly, it seems more attractive. Even with all the BS, P12 teams were pulling in about 2.5-3M a year from that disaster.  Distribution is the biggest problem and the major networks could help.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

I dont think either of us will live that long.

You may not, I don't know your health or care to. 

But people have doubted UNLV and Las Vegas since the beginning and we thrive on that.  It makes it so much more fun when we prove you wrong.

Many ignoramuses' before you and many more sure to come after you.  All will be proven wrong for doubting Las Vegas.  

Just now, RebelRobert said:

But people have doubted UNLV and Las Vegas since the beginning and we thrive on that.  It makes it so much more fun when we prove you wrong.

Many ignoramuses' before you and many more sure to come after you.  All will be proven wrong for doubting Las Vegas.  

This is what happens to people when they live in Oklahoma, boys and girls...

I think we both know he is talking about a lot more than that.  Time will prove I am correct.

You would have to be naïve or ignorant to think that a city such as Las Vegas with the growth that has occurred and will continue to occur over the next 20+ years will not be invited to a major conference.

It is only a matter of time you will eat your words.  People have always doubted Las Vegas and they have always been wrong.

Vegas is great. Nobody is doubting Las Vegas.. Unfortunately for you, we don't need a program that adds nothing on the books to succeed in Vegas.

You keep running with these P12 and B12 rants but the numbers just aren't there. Otherwise, UNLV would have been snatched up a long time ago. 

3 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

When has UNLV proven anyone wrong?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

5 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

So far in your history, you've managed to go from the Big West to the MWC and are last in football and middle of the pack in hoops. Your bread and butter. Nobody in the P5 wants this.

1 minute ago, utenation said:

Vegas is great. Nobody is doubting Las Vegas.. Unfortunately for you, we don't need a program that adds nothing on the books to succeed in Vegas.

You keep running with these P12 and B12 rants but the numbers just aren't there. Otherwise, UNLV would have been snatched up a long time ago. 

Believe what you want, you are over here for a reason and that reason is obsession and fear.

We coming.  You can't stop it.  Doubt all you want, you aren't the first or the last.  Just another in a long line of dummies.

5 minutes ago, RSF said:

This is what happens to people when they live in Oklahoma, boys and girls...

Rob is completely right. 10 years ago we’d have been laughed at for even suggesting the NHL and NFL could land in Vegas. Now look where we’re at with discussions of MLB as well. These things only help the prestige of a city’s system of higher education. 

Believe what you want, you are over here for a reason and that reason is obsession and fear.

We coming.  You can't stop it.  Doubt all you want, you aren't the first or the last.  Just another in a long line of dummies.

Give me one good reason UNLV would be a good add? We've already established that Las Vegas is a great footprint area for many things. But we don't need UNLV for that.

2 minutes ago, KayakArmada said:

Rob is completely right. 10 years ago we’d have been laughed at for even suggesting the NHL and NFL could land in Vegas. Now look we’re at with discussions of MLB as well. These things only help the prestige of a city’s system of higher education. 

That is because of Vegas. Not UNLV

11 minutes ago, utenation said:

Our biggest hole right now is financial stability and clear direction  in terms of TV revenue.  A partnership with ESPN/Fox on our P12 channel or dump it. One thing he said is the conference schedule needs to be reworked.  Which tells me, he's talking about 8 games rather that 9. 

I'm ok with this type of person leading out conference since it's all about money these days as long as he hires some help for sports. At the end of the days, it's the presidents and AD's job to improve results in revenue sports as long as the conference has given out teams a proper platform.

I think they should dump the p12 network and get a good ESPN or Fox Sports deal.  

The PAC doesn't really have enough rabid fans to support a 'pay to view' type of network.   Causal PAC fans, like myself, end up watching other conference games because the PAC network just isn't worth paying for, even if it's not expensive.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama