Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

PAC 12 new Commissioner - MGM's George Kliavkoff

Found out more about his past achievements...impressive resume.  This is much more about the upcoming media rights deal and where the conference wants to go.  With that kind of resume, it looks like Kilavkoff will usher the Pac-12 towards more of a digital future and possibly improve distribution of the P12N.  If the P12N ends up on ESPN+ even until the expiration of the current deal, I will be pleased.  

1 minute ago, Nickp1991 said:

New Pac 12 commissioner George Kliavokoff: "I believe I am transitioning from the best job in entertainment to the best job in sports."

He can believe whatever he wants but if he doesn't hurry up and make some changes to the PAC-12, he won't have a job in two years.

George Kliavkoff says he'll be moving and relocating to San Francisco, where the Pac-12 is headquartered. Adds he'd like to see the league do more in Las Vegas, where he lives now. "The emergence of Las Vegas as the sports capital of the world is significant."

This is the PAC-12 commissioner calling Las Vegas the Sports Capital of the World.

People laughed when I said that the NFL and the Raiders would be in Las Vegas, they said it would never happen and the NFL would never approve of it.  They were wrong.

People are wrong on UNLV also.  UNLV will be one of the big boys, most likely one of the biggest before we are through.

1 minute ago, RebelRobert said:

George Kliavkoff says he'll be moving and relocating to San Francisco, where the Pac-12 is headquartered. Adds he'd like to see the league do more in Las Vegas, where he lives now. "The emergence of Las Vegas as the sports capital of the world is significant."

I think he’s talking about more neutral site games in the Raiders stadium as well as hold our CCG in football there.

2 minutes ago, KayakArmada said:

Just stop, the answer is obvious. However, you’re looking for a back and forth tit for tat so you throw the line out into the water. Your schtick is so old. 

No tell me smart guy. It’s a legit question.  How does this benefit UNLV?

10 minutes ago, utenation said:

Yeah. How so?

Well lets put it this way, it can only be one of two things... positive or negative.

I would like for someone to spin this as negative. 

The clear answer is positive so how is this not a good thing for UNLV?

1 minute ago, RebelRobert said:

Well lets put it this way, it can only be one of two things... positive or negative.

I would like for someone to spin this as negative. 

The clear answer is positive so how is this not a good thing for UNLV?

Actually it can mean 3 things.

Positive, negative....and doesnt mean a damn thing.

For UNLV, its door #3.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

27 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I like this hire. 90% of this job is getting the most $$$ for your conference. The rest of it is just fluff

Our biggest hole right now is financial stability and clear direction  in terms of TV revenue.  A partnership with ESPN/Fox on our P12 channel or dump it. One thing he said is the conference schedule needs to be reworked.  Which tells me, he's talking about 8 games rather that 9. 

I'm ok with this type of person leading out conference since it's all about money these days as long as he hires some help for sports. At the end of the days, it's the presidents and AD's job to improve results in revenue sports as long as the conference has given out teams a proper platform.