Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

e-zone99

Who is Adam King?

3 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Sounds like a third grader wrote that piece.

But at least the big 12 makes more sense to leave for than the AAC. THAT was ridiculous. 

I'm not sure where he got his information on how the voting went, because we know according to AAC fans the Big 12 would never expand West (expansion would only go East).

3 hours ago, King Spartan said:

Is that Muppet Babies logo a real alternate logo used by BYU?

It's from at least 20 plus years ago, they used on kids merchandise.  It's been a long time since I have seen it.

9 hours ago, e-zone99 said:

I'm not sure where he got his information on how the voting went...

Seems made up to me.  If 9/10 wanted BYU, they would've gotten BYU.

1. BYU: 9/10 votes and can get the other.
  2. BSU: 7/10 votes and can get an 8th for a invite with same agreement as BYU.
  3. UCF: 5/10 votes
  4. USF: 5/10 votes
  5. CIN: 5/10 votes
  6. UCONN: 5/10 votes
  7. MEM: 4/10 votes
  8. NIU: 3/10 votes
  9. SDSU 2/10 votes
  10. Tulane 1/10 votes
  11. Navy: 0/10 votes

49 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Seems made up to me.  If 9/10 wanted BYU, they would've gotten BYU.

In the youtube he said they did not want expand unless it was at least back to 12 (needed 2 schools not only 1 and Boise St was 1 vote short  of being the second team).

11 hours ago, e-zone99 said:

I'm not sure where he got his information on how the voting went, because we know according to AAC fans the Big 12 would never expand West (expansion would only go East).

Pulled it out of his ass.  Boise didnt even make it to the round of 12 candidates.  Neither did Navy, San Diego State or Northern Illinois.

His only source is some guy he describes as a 'major Big 12 reporter'.  One from Big 12 hotbed Cincinnati who does an AAC podcast.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

More stupid stuff.... 

The process should be interesting but word around the NCAA ad the BIG 12 is they would like to expand for the upcoming season. I know for a fact BYU is all ears here.

As this unfolds we need to pay close attention to how many teams they decide on as that will drive EVERYTHING in the process though BYU is a lock no matter what per BIG 12 sources. Baylor and TCU are in BYU’s pockets as well as fellow religious schools who refuse Sunday play.

It's impossible to expand for the upcoming season.  And TCU and Baylor play on Sunday regularly.  If he wants proof, he can watch them both play baseball on ESPN+ this Sunday.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

27 minutes ago, RSF said:

Pulled it out of his ass.  Boise didnt even make it to the round of 12 candidates.  Neither did Navy, San Diego State or Northern Illinois.

His only source is some guy he describes as a 'major Big 12 reporter'.  One from Big 12 hotbed Cincinnati who does an AAC podcast.

Yeah, with all the buyers remorse in the Big 12 after adding TCU, they are not adding any more teams will nilly just cus panic.  

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, with all the buyers remorse in the Big 12 after adding TCU, they are not adding any more teams will nilly just cus panic.  

Bitterness is such an ugly emotion....

B)

13 hours ago, e-zone99 said:

Bowlsby said in his own words (public record) that they are looking East.  That vote tally is complete horse crap by the way because both OU and Texas voted no to any expansion candidates at the time.  OU has changed their mind about expansion apparently, but it’s not going to be for loloise state.  They have been a proponent of Cincy. 

31 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Bowlsby said in his own words (public record) that they are looking East.  That vote tally is complete horse crap by the way because both OU and Texas voted no to any expansion candidates at the time.  OU has changed their mind about expansion apparently, but it’s not going to be for loloise state.  They have been a proponent of Cincy. 

Hear that folks?  Boise to the Big 12 is a done deal.  Later, losers.

6 hours ago, RSF said:

More stupid stuff.... 

The process should be interesting but word around the NCAA ad the BIG 12 is they would like to expand for the upcoming season. I know for a fact BYU is all ears here.

As this unfolds we need to pay close attention to how many teams they decide on as that will drive EVERYTHING in the process though BYU is a lock no matter what per BIG 12 sources. Baylor and TCU are in BYU’s pockets as well as fellow religious schools who refuse Sunday play.

It's impossible to expand for the upcoming season.  And TCU and Baylor play on Sunday regularly.  If he wants proof, he can watch them both play baseball on ESPN+ this Sunday.

Thanks, I was pretty sure that TCU had no problems playing on Sundays.   I really don't think the no Sunday play would be that big of a deal anyway.   Most conferences seems to regular assigned scheduled game days with a Sunday game here and there which are normally TV games (other conference members would likely not mind taking an extra TV game now and then to fill in for BYU).

Best to ask BYU fans about the playing of sports games on Sundays. So how about it BYU fans. You've done well in the B12, and you made the title game (pick your sport). Its scheduled for this coming Sunday, and being televised nation wide... Does BYU play... or?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

23 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Best to ask BYU fans about the playing of sports games on Sundays. So how about it BYU fans. You've done well in the B12, and you made the title game (pick your sport). Its scheduled for this coming Sunday, and being televised nation wide... Does BYU play... or?

BYU doesn't play on Sunday.  Not regular season games, not conference tournament games, not national playoff games.  The NCAA will typically accommodate a schedule change if necessary.  Otherwise, BYU would take a forfeit.